• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Liberty4Ever

SB 187 - Kentucky Senator Danny Carroll's Anti-2A Bill

Here's the email that I sent to Benton Kentucky's District 2 Kentucky senator, chastising him for his unconstitutional anti-gun bill. He replied, saying he was unapologetic about trying to do stop mass shootings. Here's his legislator's info page...
  2. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

Normalcy bias is very common. Virginian gun owners are currently paying the price for theirs. The fact that senator Hornback was elected from a conservative district and is currently "representing" his constituents by telling them that red flag laws aren't really gun control and we need this...
  3. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

I wish that were true. I think the number is currently around 74%, and at the rate it's going it'll be 72% next year, and in a decade or two Kentucky will be facing the serious restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms that Virginians are facing today. While we're making our Christmas...
  4. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

I was reading through this year's so-called Assault Weapon Ban earlier today. I thought of posting to this thread but thought it might be off topic given that it's a different anti-gun bill, and I also thought it'd probably prompt another round of "an assault weapon bill won't pass in Kentucky"...
  5. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

Colion Noir has a persuasive argument for the people who think their state isn't going to pass anti-gun laws.
  6. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

I wonder how many thousand times someone posted "never happen here" on OCDO, only to subsequently have it happen. I'm sure most Virginia gun owners a year ago would have never predicted their current anti-gun mess. I don't think a red flag law will pass in Kentucky's House or Senate, but I've...
  7. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

I've been around long enough to have deep respect for all of the pro-2A work that gutshot II has done, and not just rallying the troops on OpenCarry.org - truly great deeds in meatspace where it counts and a lot of very important difficult grunt work that few people see. It seems he's become...
  8. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

Paul Hornback sounds like the most decent, honorable 2A supporting legislator ever to support and advocate an unconstitutional red flag gun confiscation. :)
  9. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

Butch, Other than my unwarranted assumption that your senator has been in office as long as you've known him (and that wasn't even a decent assumption), I think I got your meaning in your previous message. I understand the political realities. I don't like them, and that was what I was trying...
  10. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

The anti-gun lobby has deep pockets. This is an existential issue for them. They absolutely cannot abide armed citizens. They fundamentally believe that only government should be armed. The anti-gun lobby is willing to make political contributions knowing that an anti-gun bill won't pass...
  11. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

We need some new blood. 30 years is too long to be in office. He may be a friend, Butch, but he's no friend of gun owners or any Kentuckians who care about individual rights. Even if he can't be voted out for carrying water for the anti-gun advocates, he at the very least needs to catch a ton...
  12. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

Many gun owners live in Lexington and Louisville, and I think Covington and Bowling Green could have some problems as well, and like all anti-gun measures, the infringements spread out from the initial tumors over time. Best to nip it in the bud before it gets started. Complete agreement...
  13. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

I keep trying to explain that attitude matters. Believing it can't happen here ensures that it does happen here. There is a political spectrum. Presumably, people on this forum represent the more ardent supporters of the right to bear arms. I'm bothered by comments designed to disengage the...
  14. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

The important point in any constitutional discussion is that the Kentucky legislature amends the Kentucky Constitution. Our Kentucky Constitution isn't some immutable set of divine commandments. The legislature ratified our Constitution. Section 1 clearly states that Kentuckians can bear arms...
  15. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

It's bizarre that I post an article entitled, "Bipartisan Group of Kentucky Lawmakers Proposes 'Red Flag' Bill", the first sentence of the article is, "A bipartisan group of Kentucky lawmakers has proposed a bill that would allow police or family members to ask a court to temporarily take guns...
  16. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

You keep saying that, but it isn't true. https://wfpl.org/bipartisan-group-of-kentucky-lawmakers-proposes-red-flag-bill I'm sure gun owners in many of the other red flag states never thought they'd have unconstitutional gun confiscations either. There is such a thing as being too calm in a...
  17. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

Virginia gun owners thought they lived in a pro-2A state, until their recent election. The vast majority of the state is still very pro-2A but the population dense areas that are DC suburbs and a small coastal sliver just tipped the recent elections and now they have an anti-2A legislature and...
  18. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

The first step in proposing a bill is to kick it around an interim committee. That definitely indicates some interest. They hammer out a bill that they believe can pass. Once the regular legislative session starts, the bill is then passed out of the committee and sent to the floor for a vote...
  19. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

I followed the GOA link (it's in the quoted portion of my previous email) and sent an email to the committee, which includes Savannah Maddox and a few others I'd expect to be pro 2A. Here's the edited version of the GOA email that I sent.
  20. Liberty4Ever

Red Flag Bill

The interim session is discussing Kentucky's Red Flag bill TOMORROW. Here's the notification I just received from Gun Owners of America. Anyone want to make this an open carry event? :)