• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. 6

Gun shows cancelled in Richmond on C&E and showmasters websites

I see they cancelled the next two shows and I have heard that for the foreseeable future there won't be a gun show in the richmond area. https://www.showmastersgunshows.com/show-dates.html
  2. 6

Sussex County proposed noise ordinance prohibits all firearm discharge on Sunday

Sussex Cunty tries to ban Sunday Hunting by banning almost any firearm discharge on Sunday through a new noise ordinance. SUSSEX COUNTY, VIRGINIA BOARD OF SUPERVISORS WHEREAS, the Supreme Court of Virginia in Tanner v. City of Virginia Beach (2009) held that a subjective “reasonable person”...
  3. 6

Action Item: Support Sporting Clays Range at Orapax Farm in Goochland

nevermind, just got word the hearing is delayed until november due to the sound study not being completed. but please go ahead and write a letter supporting the range recommend we leave out referencing anti gun opposition instead focus on tax dollars coming to the county. Ok anyone in the...
  4. 6

Virginia teacher arrested after allegedly firing blank shots from gun at students

this won't make any advances in our rights easier Virginia teacher arrested after allegedly firing blank shots from gun at students Published April 19, 2012 FoxNews.com A Virginia teacher was arrested Wednesday after allegedly lining up his students during class and firing multiple blank...
  5. 6

HB 2442 Hunting on Sundays. Is scheduled to be heard in subcomittee 1-26-11 Wed @ 5pm

The sunday hunting bill in the house is scheduled to be heard in subcomittee tomorrow @ 5pm. if this is of any interest to you please contact the delegates in the subcomittee and request that they approve HB2442 so that it will be heard by the full comittee this session. i have included the...
  6. 6

VA-ALERT: Prefiled gun bills now online!

The first batch of gun bills is now on the Virginia General Assembly Legislative Services web site. This is the tip of the iceberg and we can expect many more to arrive later this week once the General Assembly is actually in session. As a result I will send updates during the week on the...
  7. 6

From the Outdoor Report: Bow hunter charged with carrying pistol illegally

One of the few instances where open carry(without also having a CHP) is not legal is while bowhunting. Now this guy was hunting over bait so he's not w/o fault. Though on the bait charge i partially fault the retail stores that stock and promote this stuff after Sept 1 when it is illegal to feed...
  8. 6

Need advice on Mass laws

imported post Thanks in advance, I am looking into taking some classes In springfield Mass, at the S&W Center this spring. I am familiar w/ VA laws but need some advice for what i need to do for gun storage and transport within the Commonwealth of Mass. Thanks again for the help. Joe
  9. 6

From Fox News

imported post Schoolteacher Suspended for Facebook Gun Photo Thursday, February 05, 2009 Print ShareThis BEAVER DAM, Wis.— A Beaver Dam Middle School teacher is on administrative leave after school officials discovered a photo of her with a gun on Facebook. In the photo, Betsy Ramsdale...
  10. 6

is there a problem?

imported post is there a problem about posting a link to a fox news article about a potential new firearm that really doesn't look like a firearm and asking the hypothetical question about how it would be classified for open carry under virginia law? can someone please enlighten me as to why...
  11. 6

Funny Fox news Story

imported post Cop OC's doesn't use sidearm in this situation. Here, Kitty: Cop Expects House Cat, Gets Cougar Wednesday, October 01, 2008 CASPER, Wyo.— A police officer didn't think much of a call to shoo off a bothersome "kitty cat" at a Casper home on Monday. But after the officer arrived...
  12. 6

Fact Finding Mission, Calling all LEO's,Dispatchers, Etc CHP and Drivers License

imported post I have seen it mentioned on here many times that the fact that you have a CHP is attached to your drivers license/vehicle registration. I do not believethat this iscorrect information. I would like to correct this once and for all if possible. or at a minimium make this info...
  13. 6

VCDL alert on Fairfax Arrest

imported post 1. The VCDL picnic - wow! 2. Three Fairfax County police officers prove the Keystone Kops are alive and well ********************************************************** 1. The VCDL picnic - wow! ********************************************************** Saturday's picnic in...
  14. 6

richmond vcdl meeting tonight may 29

imported post 2. VCDL membership meeting in Richmond on the 29th ************************************************** Reminder: Richmond VCDL membership meeting set for Thursday, May 29th, at 7:00 PM, ending at 8:30 PM. Executive member Leonard Harris has arranged for VCDL to have the use of...
  15. 6

Even the birds know what to do when questioned by the police

imported post Lost Parrot Returns Home After Telling Veterinarian His Address Wednesday, May 21, 2008 } AP May 21: Yosuke the parrot rests in his cage at home in Nagareyama, Japan, after he was missing for two weeks. TOKYO— When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he...
  16. 6

VCDL to have a Richmond membership meeting on Thursday, May 29th!

imported post 3. VCDL to have a Richmond membership meeting on Thursday, May 29th! ************************************ Richmond VCDL membership meeting set for May 29th at 7:00 PM, ending at 8:30 PM. Executive member Leonard Harris has arranged for VCDL to have the use of a meeting room at...
  17. 6

Dance's Sporting goods burglarized

imported post Thieves Caught On Tape Stealing Guns April 18, 2008 06:59 AM EDT [ Police say the robbery was a "smash and grab" procedure that lasted only a minute and 15 seconds. After 5:00 a.m. Wednesday, two suspects broke through the glass door at Dance's Sporting Goods...
  18. 6

please help defeat hb1352 in committee

imported post Please email the members of the House Committee on Agriculture, Chesapeake, and natural Resources and voice your displeasure with HB 1352 and request that it be killed in committee. They can be found here: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?081+com+H01 The language of...
  19. 6

OK ladies and gentlemen lets flood the GA with emails

imported post Come on guys lets go and lets make sure to call in sick if we have to to show up for lobby day on monday. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- VCDL's Gun Dealer Legal Defense Fund -- help fight Mayor Bloomberg's scheme to cripple Virginia...