• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. O

Gun violence by state...

imported post Here is a link to the wikipedia page I found this on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state Then I compared this to the Brady Report Cards, and here is what I found.... Louisiana has the 2nd highest amount of gun related homicides per 100,000...
  2. O

OCDO meeting?

imported post This has been attempted at least a couple times, although now that there are more members from the NW Indiana area maybe it can take shape this time around. Was thinking that we could plan some type of get together -- it could be a range day, a dinner/lunch, maybe even an adopt a...
  3. O

Munster, IN again...

imported post A couple nights ago I stopped to get gas at the Speedway station in Munster, on Calumet Avenue. As I was walking in to prepay, I saw two officers walk out, didn't know if they noticed my firearm or not, but apparantley they did as they had parked at the edge of the parking lot...
  4. O

IN State Police

imported post Anyone test for the ISP 69th academy?
  5. O

Fred Thompson

imported post Anyone watch the Iowa debate yet? I thought Fred did a pretty good job once again. I especially liked the beginning where he wasn't playing "hand games" with the moderator. What do the rest of you think?
  6. O

Indiana Firearm FAQ's

imported post Preface: This might be helpful to anyone who has questions about firearms in Indiana, certainly it doesn't cover everything, but does have quite a bit of information. Also, don't flame me for this being long, it took quite a bit of time to get it formated so it would be easy...
  7. O

Forget your vest...

imported post Came across this story, glad the mad got away with his life, thought it was too funny not to share. Yahoo also has a video of it posted, couldn't get the link to it though, but it does show some footage of the actual ring itself. JACKSON, Mississippi — Police say a...
  8. O

Indiana OC outing?

imported post I'm going down state to Indianapolis for testing on Saturday the 8th, anyone want to try and plan a dinner or something? Testing lets out at 7ish, and I'm stuck there overnight. Figure dinner might be fun.
  9. O

HankT

imported post Congrats, HankT
  10. O

Taco Bell

imported post Was in the Taco Bell earlier today on Calumet Avenue in Munster, guy working the desk asked me if I was an officer, told him that I was not, and informed him on OC's legalities. He also told me he has seen a couple people come in recently OC'ing, anyone from this board possibly --...
  11. O

Who carries cuffs?

imported post I think handcuffs could come in handy in a variety of situations. Curious as to who here carries them. I picked up a pair of SW cuffs today.
  12. O

Fred Thompson

imported post I said in another thread that I stand behing Thompson on his approach and stance towards the 2nd Ammendment and immigration. However, he is "pro-life", which is disheartening, as this is a big issue for me, not as big as the two in the previous statement, but enough to possibly...
  13. O

Thank you...

imported post I liked this story... BRISTOL, N.H. - Presidential hopeful Fred Thompson said Friday that New York City isn't a model for the rest of the country and that Rudy Giuliani should stop basing his stances on his time as that city's mayor...
  14. O

Cook County Officers Kill Man

imported post Justified shooting death still rattles LAWSUIT | Jury took only 10 minutes to decide case that has been called 'suicide by cop' November 19, 2007 BY FRANK MAIN Crime Reporter/fmain@suntimes.com A Cook County jury took only 10...
  15. O

Staggering

imported post Wondering who here staggers their ammunition, and what it is they are staggering, and why?
  16. O

Non-Res Permits?

imported post Does WI offer a non-resident permit? I do travel up there quite often, and I see they do not recognize a permit from anywhere else. I didn't know WI was this tough on their firearms laws. Anyone know?
  17. O

You are going to the Ghetto

imported post Thought this might be fun to see what kinds of answers we get. Lets say you are going to the ghetto, or bad part of town, maybe to pay a utility bill or something, whatever. You get to take one gun with no spare mags, along with 2 other items that you can fit on your belt. What...
  18. O

No Reciprocity

imported post So I went over to Illinois today to watch the bears game. The bar I always go to is right across the street from one of those "police cameras" with the flashing lights, someone got murdered there about a year back. I feel safe inside the bar, for the most part. But I do feel...
  19. O

MS-13 Gang

imported post The History Channel has a good special on right now about MS-13, a gang with far reach and a concentration in Virginia. Just thought it would be a good discussion if anyone has any thoughts.
  20. O

Just another Monday

imported post Well there I was, just sitting out the couch, all out of Mucinex running a wicked fever of 103, I took the temperature orally, the whole while, oc'ing. The was okay, it was definately cooler outside, than it was in my mouth, so I decided to wear kahki's, and a blue polo shirt...