• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. SouthernBoy

sidebar regard LE response in latest incident...

User; "You want to implement seriously repressive gun control, you need a good crisis to overcome the Constition by popular demand. It won't get done unless the people generally demand it, and that won't happen if they're not terrified into submission. So our government is cynically, knowingly...
  2. SouthernBoy

Now travelers can't take firearms into VA roadside rest area restrooms...

There's a good way to handle this. Just do your bodily business on the side of the building. Oh wait... that might not be legal. Or just ignore the sign and use the facility as you normally would. Again wait... that also seems to be deemed illegal. Wow, can't pee in a pee room because you might...
  3. SouthernBoy

Kamala Does Not Qualify to be Vice President

Outstanding. I have long argued that just because someone is born in the United States does not mean they are automatically citizens. The phrase, " and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" is the reason for this. At the time that the 14th Amendment was being considered there was much discussion...
  4. SouthernBoy

Lawyer suggestion (seein' as how I'm no longer available)

First off... How the heck are you? Man it's good to see you posting, though it could well be me as I have not been on the site for months. I shall hold on to this information and consider it well recommended.
  5. SouthernBoy

VA-ALERT: VCDL is organizing NOW to fight back - we need YOU to do your part!

May I remind you that we are not a democracy, and thank God for that.
  6. SouthernBoy

Checking in

Wow, a name from the past. Good to see you posting again. I come here rarely nowadays. But this stuff coming out of Richmond really has me concerned.
  7. SouthernBoy

Open carry in a vehicle

Thanks. I had seen that before but was curious if (A), it was still state law and (B) if there just might be some provision which allows the vehicle to be considered and extension of one's domicile, which imply that openly carried sidearms in a vehicle would be legal. I guess that is still not...
  8. SouthernBoy

Open carry in a vehicle

A question for South Carolinians. I live in Virginia and travel to South Carolina at least once a year. Is it legal for me to openly carry my sidearm on my belt while in my vehicle or must I cover it with a shirt?
  9. SouthernBoy

Raising killers

I sent this out to select people on my email contacts list a few days ago and thought it would be appropriate here, given all that has been happening in the world and even here in our own nation. It is graphic and for the mods, if not appropriate please feel free to remove it. I will not at all...
  10. SouthernBoy

Question about auto crime in Virginia Beach/Lynhaven area

I am going to be heading down to a B-day party in Virginia Beach this weekend and will be staying at a motel close to Norfolk International Airport for one night only. Is this an automobile crime problem area? I am very anal about my car and am concerned about attempted breakin's, someone keying...
  11. SouthernBoy

RVA Dialogue on Gun Control

Just watched the hour long debate, parts 1 and 2, on "gun control" with Philip Van Cleave and Jim Reynolds representing our side of the debate. They handled and conducted themselves most effectively and in my opinion, made us proud. I took one of Jim's courses, what could be best described as an...
  12. SouthernBoy

Lobby Day car pooling in PWC

Any car pooling in Prince William County for Lobby Day?
  13. SouthernBoy

Question: Traffic stops and running the numbers

In our state, during a routine traffic stop, can an officer take your gun and run its serial number when he does not have RAS or PC to do this?
  14. SouthernBoy

Thought this was interesting

Saw this graphic on another website. Thought it was interesting and worth posting here. http://monderno.com/criminal-states-america/
  15. SouthernBoy

What Fairfax is getting for LEO's is disturbing

Was listening to a talk radio show early this morning. Cuccinelli was one of the subjects. He spoke about how some of Virginia's gun laws turn law-abiding citizens into criminals and used the example of our member in Henrico County who moved a gun from his glove box and was seen by a school bus...
  16. SouthernBoy

The cowardice of policing

This lady always has worthwhile videos to watch. This one is no exception and bears scrutiny in today's climate of overzealous and militarized police departments. "Message to police" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOsN-P5abVg "When resistance becomes duty"...
  17. SouthernBoy

Never know what you're going to encounter at the range

So I decided to hit the range this morning; the NRA Headquarters range. When I arrived, there was no one waiting for a lane and very few on any lanes so in I went, to lane four. Before long some more people showed up. The man on lane three was shooting a long slide Glock 34, something I don’t...
  18. SouthernBoy

When God Created Virginia

I know, it isn't about firearms but it is about Virginia. Sent to me from a fellow Virginian who hails from the Tidewater. Enjoy. When God Created Virginia (even non-Virginians should love this one.) God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the...
  19. SouthernBoy

Immediate vs imminent

First off, the reason this thread was started in the Virginia forum is because it is a Virginia issue... not any other state. With that said, here goes. There has been some discussion of recent times regarding the use of the words "immediate" and "imminent" as they relate to the use of deadly...
  20. SouthernBoy

Independence Day

Independence Day They were a small band of men, largely untrained and in the beginning, without real leadership. Yet they chose to face the most powerful military force on earth. They overcame all odds. They triumphed against unbelievable hardship. They sacrificed all. And they won. How could...