• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

New Addition

imported post For those who know him, XD-40's wife had their third boy yesterday. Congrats Stephanie and Josh!
  2. G

Momment of Silence

imported post Friends, It it is with heavy heart that I make this announcement. We just got word that cabman's mother in law has passed on, and he is in route to the hospital as I type. Please hold a momemt of silence, and any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.
  3. G

Ponderosa Lansing

imported post Does anyone have the FOIA request from the Lansing and Battle Creek events yet? I'd very much like to review anything and everything if possible, and am willing to pich in cash to get that info, just don't see the need for many people to request the same info over and over...
  4. G

Honorable Mention, and Thanks

imported post I just wanted to say a note of thanks to some of the people at this past weekend’s events. The group as a whole was great, but there were three people in particular (Pheonixphire, autosurgeon, and Sprinklerguy28) that I would like to thank for what they did for me. I had not...
  5. G

Happy Venator

imported post Happy Birthday my friend!:D:D I know your at an event today and won't see this until later, but Here's hoping it goes well. To you my friend. A true testament of how things get better with age.
  6. G

Official Grand Rapids Picnic Sign Up

imported post I’m going to start the official sign up thread for the Grand Rapids picnic to be held at Riverside Park on July 26. The location will hopefully be across from boat launch #2 (near the playground equipment, and pavilion) , at 1200- whenever. Please bring a dish to pass, a drink...
  7. G

Grand Rapids Picnic Feeler

imported post Okay everyone. I’m putting out some feelers here for a picnic in Grand Rapids sometime in July. There have been requests for this before, and it came up again at the K’zoo picnic today. So far I’m thinking some weekend in July, and would like input on what works best (I’ll make a...
  8. G

Important Announcement!

imported post Folks (especially the newbies), Please, PLEASE pay attention. If you are going to OC, then read and know the threads, “WASH, RINSE, REPEAT”, and, “MICHIGAN OPEN CARRY INFO HERE”. Learn it, live it, love it. This can’t be stressed enough! Too many people are going out OC...
  9. G

How to send Media files

imported post Okay everyone. I've never done this before. I want to send a media file to someone and don't know how. Is it like sending pictures to someone (ie. photobucket or imageshack)? Do I have to upload it to a host before sending or posting?
  10. G

Follow Up on Steve Bierfeldt,

imported post I'm sure this has been covered before on other areas of this baord, but I'm posting here because it is a follow up to the initial fox news coverage. I think it's good for people to hear what kind of antics the authorities will use to intimidate, coerce, and infringe upon peoples...
  11. G

Interesting Youtube

imported post Here's an interesting youtube to listen to. The video had problems for me downloading, and kept reloading. However, the video wasn't all that long, and the courtroom audio is played afterward. No problems with the courtroom audio. It was interesting listening to how the officer...
  12. G

Detained Twice: Need Help

imported post ....
  13. G

Dick's Sporting Goods: Bad Experience

imported post I just want to relay a terrible experience I had at Dick’s Sporting Goods a couple months ago. Dick’s had their Remington UMC 9mm on sale, so I went in to purchase some. The first time I went there, they were out of stock, so I asked for a rain check (in Michigan, stores are...
  14. G

West Michigan Events Pre-Planning Thread

imported post Okay, There has been some expressed interest in a M&G in the West Michigan area. Honestly, the best thing to do is to just set one up wherever you want. Not everyone wants to be an organizer, and that’s okay, but if someone doesn’t step up to plan an event, then none will be...
  15. G

WASH, RINSE, REPEAT

imported post ........
  16. G

Have You Seen This!?

imported post This is some scary stuff. It may not be totally gun related, but all rights do run together. If they can actually get away with putting restrictions on entrance to the meetings, then they are not "open door". It's scary what can happen when the courts interpret things...
  17. G

Colorado 18-9-106. Disorderly conduct.

imported post I did a search and didn't find much addressing this. Colorado 18-9-106. Disorderly conduct. (1) A person commits disorderly conduct if he or she intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly: (f) Not being a peace officer, displays a deadly weapon, displays any article used or...
  18. G

Another City Settlement For A Civil Rights Violation On OC

imported post For those who aren't watching. There was a settlement agreement for when danbus was detained. That information has now been made public (danbus had signed a disclosure agreement preventing him from releasing the info). http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/15891-1.html I wonder...
  19. G

Grand Haven Tribune Editorial

imported post http://www.grandhaventribune.com/paid/292496549320470.bsp City had no choice on gun issue Thu, Aug 28, 2008 It's understandable as to why the city of Grand Haven backed down and dismissed charges against a man accused of carrying a weapon during this summer's Coast Guard...
  20. G

MWG Call In Grand Rapids

imported post MWG call in Comerica Bank in Grand Rapids. Not really enough information at this juncture, but it appears to be a non-event that some one though deserved the attention of LE. Would be interesting to know if it's a CCW holder. http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8722338