• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Kentuckian coming to SC for vacation

imported post Looking over carry guides for SC the only thing I'm not sure on is licensed carry in a vehicle. SC accepts my KY Concealed Carry license but I can't tell if that means I can carry in my vehicle or if I still have to keep it in the glove compartment?
  2. B

Night Sights

imported post I want to install a tritium front sight on my hammerless snubbie and a tritium front sight and ghost ring rear on my new Remington 870. I can either have it done in Louisville or Bowling Green and thought I would ask the advice of those on the forum as to where? How much can I...
  3. B

Donuts, Cops, and a Revolver

imported post OK...So, 2:00am, Monday Nov. 10, I was driving to Bowling Green from Louisville. I had class the next morning and wanted to get something to eat before getting home. I stopped at GADS, the Great American Donut Shop, which is open 24hrs. When I left I saw a police cruiser pass by...
  4. B

DMV

imported post I'll be open-carrying when I'm getting my tags renewed tomorrow. It's in Louisville so all bets are off.
  5. B

SCCC Auctions Training Certificates to Raise Money

imported post This is from the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus group. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=93285462 SCCC Auctions Training Certificates to Raise Money Dr. Ignatius Piazza, founder and director of the Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, has graciously...
  6. B

Thunder Over Louisville Firearm Ban

imported post I'm wondering if LMPD has the right to ban firearms at Thunder? I think the question is who owns the property most people are on when they attend. Even then do they have the right to ban open-carry? If they really don't have the authority then I it should be made clear to them.
  7. B

Trip to Boston

imported post I have a Concealed Carry License in Kentucky and although it apparently isn't accepted in MA I was wondering if there's any other way to legally carry a firearm?
  8. B

Shoplifter Detainment

imported post KRS 433.236 - http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/433-00/236.PDF provides for merchants to detain someone they suspect of shoplifting. I've been stopped and asked to show receipts etc and have wondered if they have a right to detain me, then do I have a DUTY to allow them to or can I say 'I...
  9. B

OC law

imported post I'm from Louisville and was wondering where the minimum age of open carry (18yrs) comes from. Is it that 18 is when you can buy a rifle/SG and therefore can open carry them?