• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

Annual Port Orchard OC Picnic

Ok, it is time for someone to start plans for this years picnic. Last year it was AjetPilot and my self, and the first one was Ajetpilot and my self. New blood will get better ideas and planning. So....who is up to the task. I will help, but not be in charge.
  2. T

New shooting regulations state wide

Washington State Announces New Shooting Regulations *retread Washington State Announces New Shooting Regulations [AP]—As part of the effort to streamline Washington State firearms legislation and ensure compatibility with Federal Homeland Security provisions, municipal, county, and state...
  3. T

South Kitsap Anniversary 7/13

The date was July 13, 2008. There had been talk of an OC picnic at Long Lake park in Kitsap County. There was also talk among the younger Kitsap County Deputies that they would have a field day disarming and arresting OCers at the picnic. With help in the background and from forum...
  4. T

Simiiar to State vs Casad.

4th circuit court decision YEAH Try this link to THE BEST GUN forum around http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23653
  5. T

Spokanae Shooting called self defense

Good shoot http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Spokane-County-fatal-shooting-called-self-defense-3559690.php?fb_comment_id=fbc_457944240897982_90100446_458400270852379
  6. T

WCF & McGinn

Check out this link. http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6713&view=unread#unread
  7. T

Wac show

I had a table at the WAC show this weekend, and, as there was not a table for OCDO, I rumaged through all of the original stuff from when I started the OC table there several years ago. Passed out 200 Wa gun rights folders, unknown number of various training bulletins and answered a ton of...
  8. T

WAC GUN SHOW cancelled

The WAC show has been cancelled due to a power outage at the fair grounds. All table reservations will be transfered to the February show 2/25 & 26.
  9. T

House Bill 1508

Something good for a change This Thursday, January 12, at 10 am in Olympia is a hearing for a Range Protection Bill. The hearing will be held at before the House Judiciary Committee at the state capitol campus. The John L. O'Brian building in House Hearing Room A at 10am. The Judiciary...
  10. T

attempted escape

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid769549532?bctid=1067902805001
  11. T

Kitsap county enacting a code change

The addition of a new section to Kitsap County Code Chapter 10.24, Article 3, section 2 provides a means to shut down the operation of an existing shooting range. This is in 10.24.103 Ranges---- Permit Required This s a lengthy read. All operators of ranges must apply for a permit to open a...
  12. T

Headed to Belfair

Leaving in 10 minutes, (8:30 pm) will be at Crazy Eric's for greasy burger (Ummmmmm Good) and choclate malt. Anyone going to join the wife and I?
  13. T

Ruger 1911

Just hit the market last week. Ruger has a new one for OPEN CARRY. All stainless 1911. Think I will have to get one. Check it out here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZ5EYxpl2o
  14. T

Home invasion plans

Although I open carry inside my house, the possibility does exist where I could be "capured". Some suggestions for easily accesible gun locations. I would suggest these in the front rooms as that will probably be the first place of encounter. 1. Under the center of the couch, easy chair, etc...
  15. T

To gain some insight to LEO / OC

I spent a couple hours looking at the 1911 forum.com last night, particularly the LEO Duty thread. There is a question re LEO views of OC. Some of the responders were not LEO and it shows. For the most part it gave a fair representation of the view shared by career LEO. Yeah, Yeah, I know all...
  16. T

CH 13 Open carry

Just on CH 13, Wa most wanted, a brief (very brief) comment that open carry is LEGAL, then went on telling about getting a concealed gun PERMIT. Suggested that if stopped for a trafic violation, should, not required, but should notify the nice ossifer and show him your PERMIT.
  17. T

Concealed firearm permits

S.176 -- Common Sense Concealed Firearms Permit Act of 2011 (Introduced in Senate - IS) S 176 IS 112th CONGRESS 1st Session S. 176 To establish minimum standards for States that allow the carrying of concealed firearms. IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES January 25 (legislative day...
  18. T

Slightly OT But a very good read

As you reade this, think seriously about content, then read it again and put your self in the position of an OC member, then read it again seriously for content. As the Supreme Court hears arguments for and against the Chicago, IL, Gun Ban, I offer you another stellar example of a letter...
  19. T

Squeak did it !!!!!!

Last week, Squeak was at the Kitsap Admin bldg, and raised a bit of a question about the no weapons sign that has been on the door for at least 3 years. Ajetpilot began efforst on this sign 3 years ago and the county Commissioners turned a deaf ear to all his efforts. Squeak just called me on...
  20. T

OK, I'm calling it - Jan 16th

1-16-2011, 10:00 am Starbucks on Borgen Blvd in Gig Harbor. It will be my 71st birthday. No present or cards requested or expected, just be there. No Squeak, I am not buying your coffee. Ajetpilot, I will have your loading block with me. as well as 743 rounds of 40 S&W ammo that I want to...