• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

M&P9c magazine jamming

Firstly, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't feel like it really fit any if the other areas. Mods feel free to move it if needed. I have a S&W M&P9c. It is fairly new with (probably) less than 300 rds down the pipe. I have encountered a magazine issue with 2 of the 3 factory...
  2. S

Duct tape holsters

We've seen Duct tape accomplish some pretty darn impressive things: suspending cars, working as a rope bridge, building a functional sail boat. Now I've seen a shoulder holster entirely made from duct tape. Remarkably this post was not inspired by the recent "budget holster" thread. My...
  3. S

out and about with a target on my back

Today I needed to go to Meridian to trade guns with a man I met on the web. He got a rifle + 20 rds and I got a Taurus 650 + 20rds in exchange. The weather was way too nice for me to pass up, so I decided to take my bike (sportbike). I tossed the rifle in a soft case and locked the zipper closed...
  4. S

Mississippi Facebook page

While I was stationed out in Kansas we had a opencarry group page for the state. I noticed there usn't a Mississippi page, so I went ahead and created one. Feel free to buy, sell, trade guns and gear. Organize get-togethers etc. This is not an attempt to take traffic away from these forums. In...
  5. S

I feel accomplished

Over the past couple weeks I have introduced both my wife and brother-in-law to opencarry. My wife has had a pink Sig Mosquito for a while, but this weekend was the first time she's carried it. We just went to the Walmart in Meridian and to Gamestop. She wrnt into Gamestop by herself while I...
  6. S

An unexpected query

This was a few weeks ago. I rode into town with my wife and sister-in-law to do some grocery shopping at Walmart in Meridian. We were about finished shopping when my wife realizes there is a pistol on my thigh! She idd a double take and exclaims "I didn't know you were carrying your gun!" I was...
  7. S

I'm back and I carry now

Hey folks. I doubt any of you will remember my name. I used to live in MS a few years ago. I have been in the Army in different parts of the world the past 3.5ish years. Now I'm back and I am old enough to carry. I have carried a few times so far. The biggest was when the family went up to...
  8. S

Is the AG BS-ing on paper?

So as many of you are aware at this point the Kansas Bill of Rights section 4 reads: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Correction. Thanks Marine 4. Kansas Bill of Rights Right to Bear Arms Sec...
  9. S

need some help

Hey. thanks for reading. I am looking at getting my first carry gun/home defense gun. Up until now I have been lurking... I did sone looking around my local shops and have settled on a S&W m&p. My local shop has them for about $350 with a rebate because I am military. I've decided on 9mm since...
  10. S

where to find a holster for my 45-410

It's a Super Comanche. 10" single barrel. I would love to carry this beast when i'm messing about the woods especially if i have my wife or kids in-tow as we aren't too terribly fond of rattlers. I've looked around on the net and haven't really found anything made for this pistol.
  11. S

selecting a pocket pistol for the Mrs.?

Trying to get ideas for a pistol for my wife. She likes small frame autos and small calibers. Basically, a pocket pistol as her primary. She has said she will be happy with anything I get her, but yall know how it goes. If I get her something she's not happy with, she's not going to carry it as...
  12. S

taser/stun guns

imported post Do you need a permit? Can it be concealed? Age limit? I saw on some other site that MS has no restrictions but I want a second opinion before I start totingone around with me.
  13. S

adult - but not adult enough

imported post I'm just annoyed and venting:banghead: What do you wait for to turn 18? All throughout my childhood I just couldn't wait to get older. Now I've hit the monumental age of 18 and find myself wondering what the hype was about...At 16 years old you can drive a car. At 17, you can get...
  14. S

can anyone spare a carry gun? (gun trade)

imported post withdrawn.
  15. S

England fights for their rights

imported post sorry if this has already been posted but I think it bears sharing (just in case) We need to take the advice of our elder country http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQoQTdVlxkA
  16. S

compliments to the Michigan forum

imported post I think it is awesome how active people have been in this section of OCDO also It seems like There are many many more people on the Michigan forums since I joined up. The word has aparently been spreading quickly and still going strong. Lets keep it going! :monkey
  17. S

I need law citing help

imported post where was it stated that a holster is partial concealment?
  18. S

cross dominant

imported post I'm RH dominant but left eye dominant. I was just messing around with my BB gun and got curious. Would it be Okay to hold RH but aim with my Left eye? I can't really see what it would hurt with a handgun. Have you ever heard of anyone shooting this way?
  19. S

Governer or state police?

imported post Has anyone attempted to contact the Governer or the Department of Public Saftey of Mississippi? They must be contacted via phone or snail mail but that might be a thought. Especially the governer because he is a person of importance. If we were to ask him why the state laws are...
  20. S

moving down south

imported post I'm moving down to the great state of Mississippi in approx one year (Sept/Oct of '09). I'll be in the Meridian area and I will be exercising rights. I'm not exactly how yet as I'm not 21 and don't have a CWP....