• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Car carry laws, regarding unloaded OC within vehicle

This seems like an answer I should know, from all the studying of laws I have done around this. However, being in possession of a CPL, I have never had to face this... From the basics: 1. OC is legal outside a vehicle. 2. Loaded OC is legal inside a vehicle, provided that the carrier has a...
  2. S

Non-resident to NH, lamenting the 5X raise in concealed carry licensing costs

I have had a NH non-resident license to conceal carry in the past, but to renew it now is $100 instead of the previous $20!!! I have family there and I don't visit often, but $100 is a lot for me these days. I expect that I will probably be traveling in cars when I'm there (duh). I have no...
  3. S

OC at the newly opened Bada Bistro on Alki

I wanted to share my positive experience while open carrying inside the newly opened Bada Bistro on Alki. I was unsure whether the whole establishment was considered a "bar" or if there was a separate restaurant section, so I was cautious as I entered. I looked around for the Liquor...
  4. S

Requirement to show CPL when concealed carrying?

I was recently reading the traffic stop thread where Freedom1Man brought up a very good point in his post here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?111404-Traffic-Stop-Scenario&p=1894638&viewfull=1#post1894638 Here is the RCW: RCW 9.41.050 Carrying firearms. (1)(a) Except in the...
  5. S

My CC spotted at the Kent Valley Ice Centre

Hi all. I just wanted to share my experience from last weekend. I attended the Kent Valley Ice Centre for some skating. I was wearing my Ruger SP101 OWB in a retention holster. I was wearing a loose-fitting fleece, but I was not worried about concealment in the least. My Ruger was exposed...
  6. S

What is Best Buy's company policy on open carry?

I had a great experience at Best Buy last week. This week, as I was about to buy several items, I was asked to put my gun in my car. I should have asked for the employee's name. I left and drove away. He did tell me that it was company policy that firearms are not allowed. What is the company...
  7. S

New girlfriend disapproves of OC, as well as anything gun-related

I recently found a new girlfriend. When I say this, trust me guys and girls, this is a big thing for me. I don't have a problem finding a date, but choosing one girl to call my "girlfriend" is not something I do often. She is sweet and cute, and all the other mushy-stuff :) I knew I wanted...
  8. S

Asked to cover up by a customer, outside of a Hooters.

I rode my motorcycle to Hooters with a large group of riders today. I was wearing only jeans, T-shirt, and shoulder holster with my M&P40. After standing outside and talking with friends for at least an hour, I overheard a woman complaining. She is in the bike community, but doesn't ride, and...
  9. S

Are you confident in your weapons retention skills?

imported post I am curious about this... how many of us have had weapons retention training? ...and practice it regularly? If someone had the drop on you (and they always do), could you prevent them from taking your gun? I have limited martial arts training. I have watched videos on weapons...
  10. S

Question about cops asking for ID

imported post A while ago, I asked about cops requesting ID while you are walking down the street. It was in this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/27931.html I learned a lot from that discussion, but a new question has come up. It is lawful for cops to lie to people. What about...
  11. S

Pulled over, cuffed, and detained for officer safety...

imported post I was driving home at about 1am on Saturday night. I passed by a patrol car, stoppedin the right lane of two lanes in my direction. He turned around to drive away and then turned around again to follow, me as I stopped at a light. A hundred feet up the road his lights came on and...
  12. S

LEO frisking me at a traffic stop after I handed over my carry gun...

imported post I hadn't thought much of this until now. There were two incidents in my past that I want to ask you all about... 1) I was pulled over for speeding on my motorcycle. I had a backpack and was not carrying a gun. The officer asked if I was carrying any weapons. Since I was not...
  13. S

Does carrying openly on a motorcycle require one to have a CPL?

imported post http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050 RCW 9.41.050 (link above) states that a CPL is required for a person to carry a firearm "in any vehicle". When riding a motorcycle, I am not IN any vehicle. Do I need a CPL? My guess is that the answer is 'yes'...
  14. S

Greatest comment(s) you've heard while OCing

imported post I'd like to hear some of the funny, wild, weird comments that have come your way (or that you have overheard) while OCing. I know some of you guys/gals have some good stories. Let's hear 'em. The following happened while crossing the street, passing by an older gentleman in the...
  15. S

What ID/info must be provided to LEO during a stop?

imported post I have done some searching on WA laws, but I can't find exactly what I am looking for. By law, what are we required to provide to LEO during a stop?? Assume this is a stop for questioning in a couple different circumstances... 1.When a LEO stops you to ask questions, not...
  16. S

My financial situation has me afraid to OC lately.

imported post Last summer, I open carried often without worrying. However, last summer, I had some extra cash if I needed to post bail or hire a lawyer to get some unlawful charges dropped. Now, I don't have any extra money. If a 'bad' cop wanted to bring me in because he didn't know the law...
  17. S

Not the best OC experience with an acquaintance.

imported post When I ride my motorcycle, I usually OC. It is more comfortable to wear and is undermy jacket (yes, I do have a CPL). I often go out to different places and meet up with people to ride; usually these are young-ish guys on sportbikes. I don't know everyone in the group, but most of...
  18. S

My first OC day - nothing exciting...

imported post I have wanted to OC for a long time. The main attraction to OC is comfort. A secondary benefit might be less hassle from beggars (hopefully)- yes, I have been hassled when I refuse to give change to a beggar. There are certainly other benefits, but those are the ones I am looking...