• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Remember remember the 5th of November

imported post Remember remember the 5th of November! Come celebrate Guy Fawkes Day with an OC dinner! Thursday, November 5th at 7:00pm Fuddruckers 10500 South State Street (In front of Target) Sandy, Utah Fuddruckers = great burgers, no waiters (good for the big group), enough space, gun...
  2. S

Brady Bunch going after CCW hard.

imported post I know I am not alone in monitoring the Brady Blog. For the first several months I followed it everything was pretty quiet, with them only posting one or two entries each week. The last couple of weeks they have really cranked up the spin, putting out 3-4 entries a day. A great...
  3. S

Guns on Amtrak

imported post Searched "Amtrak" and didn't see this posted yet. Baby steps... http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/16/amtrak.guns/index.html
  4. S

Firearms for those who have Juvenile Record felonies?

imported post A friend of mine is inquiring. Can he get a gun with felonies on his juvenile record? Is "sealed" the same as "expunged?" ...probably not, right? Thanks for any help!
  5. S

Visiting DC for 9-12 March

imported post Just wondering if anyone of my OCDO friends live within walking distance of the Metro and might be open to me crashing on their couch for a couple nights next month. I will be arriving the afternoon of Wednesday, September 9th and leaving early morning on Monday the 14th. Don't...
  6. S

Heading to Denver Tomorrow - Question

imported post Colorado does have reciprocity with my Utah resident permit, but I am wondering if there are any other laws I should be aware of. Any restrictions on where I can and cannot carry, besides the obvious secured areas? Liquor stores? Restaurants that serve alcohol and bars...
  7. S

OC Pamphlet Update

imported post Old pamphlet: http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/shared/Utah_Gun_Law.pdf I am updating this for the new laws that are taking effect May 11. Can someone please post the entire laws here so I can summarize them in a new version of the pamphlet? Is it just an edit to 76-10-505? I...
  8. S

Fatal stabbing downtown this morning

imported post I walk past this apartment building every morning and every evening on the way to and from the bus to work. Within 3 blocks there is a halfway house and half a dozen really sketchy apartment buildings. My employer says I must be unarmed on this walk, which I often make before the...
  9. S

Some people's children

imported post http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=5058084&cat=185&lpid= Some people just need to be punched in the junk...
  10. S

Open Carry -- 8 months of freedom

imported post I have had a great day! my wife and I thought it would be nice to hit the polls when they opened at 10 this morning, but when we got there we thought the line was too long for us to wait in (had to be home by 11). Determined to return when we had more time, we headed to the...
  11. S

TJ's farewell Lunch!

imported post EVENT CANCELLED!!! Bad news! TJ has had some stuff come up and will not be able to make lunch tomorrow! He will let us know what his schedule is when he figures it out. NO LUNCH TOMORROW!
  12. S

October Meetup -- Saturday, Oct 11, 6:00pm

imported post Just thought I should give it its own thread. IF THIS ISN"T ON UCC YET, PLEASE POST IT THERE! Thanks to Matai for setting it up! HEY EVERYONE!!!! Now that I've got your attention... ;) Joy Luck is fine with us showing up, armed and all.They're only concern is that all...
  13. S

Sore Shoulder, Happy Heart

imported post Life has not been enjoyable for ScottyT for the last couple of months. I am dealing with a divorce and trying to get used to the idea of being on my own again. Yesterday I was finally able to get some much needed R&R when a couple of friends took me out to the desert to go...
  14. S

KSL Deals

imported post Hey guys! I was just browsing the KSL classifieds and came across yet another great deal that I can't afford at the moment! This seems to happen a lot, so I decided to start this thread. See a great deal but not taking it? Let one of your friends at OCDO have a chance at it...
  15. S

Why do you need a gun in WalMart anyway?

imported post http://www.wftv.com/news/17549014/detail.html Crazy stuff.
  16. S

Xbox Gamertags!

imported post I am always in need of friends who OC to play online with! 95% of my online time is on COD4, so especially that! I know there are some OCers here who also play, so lets get together and build camaraderie! Post your gamertags here! Mine = Mwasa Edited for non-compliance
  17. S

For Sale -- KelTec P3AT .380 auto

imported post I posted this over at UCC, figured I would throw it up here as well. For sale:Great little P3AT plus ammo and accessories. Couple hundred rounds through it, gone bang every time I have pulled the trigger. Cleaned after every range trip. Included: Kel Tec P3AT 2nd Gen 1...
  18. S

Carry Permit in CT

imported post We currently have one year on our management contract here in Utah, but when that is up my wife and I want to leave the state. My wife really wants to work/finish school in NYC, but I can't live somewhere where the only carry permits are issued to the rich and well connected...
  19. S

Shooting this week

imported post I am looking to go shooting this week at pretty much any indoor range (closer to downtown the better)! I want to shoot from maybe 5-7pm or so today, thursday or friday. Doug's isn't too far from work and is cheaper than Get Some. Anyone wanna go destroy some paper with me? I...
  20. S

SLC Code: NO Loaded Firearms on Streets

imported post Have any of you seen this: Has anyone inquired with the city as to whether they would try to enforce this illegal code?