• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. thx997303

WT? No carry in banks?

What the heck Montana? Really? It's really illegal to conceal carry in banks in Montana? You guys need to fix this stuff. http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/45/8/45-8-328.htm
  2. thx997303

Toys 'R' Us: Boycott.

I was in toys r us today, open carrying as usual. My wife spoke with an employee about a toy, and the employee spoke to her and left. After she left, my daughter was playing with the toy train display they have, and I was approached by the same employee. She informed me that they don't allow...
  3. thx997303

Suggestion for an additional map.

I would like to propose that a map of which states have pre-emption laws be added to the maps area of Opencarry.org. It seems to me that this little bit of information would be very helpful to anyone who is questioning whether a local ordinance is valid or not per state law.
  4. thx997303

Revised signs at Cabelas.

I went to Cabela's today because I needed to pick up a new powder scale, and I noticed their signs were different. Added to the sign stating that firearms were to be unloaded and checked, was an exemption for specifically........Open Carry! An employee noticed me reading the sign, and...
  5. thx997303

HMM, looks like many old posts are back.

Anybody else notice all the threads are from 2009?
  6. thx997303

Walsburg Bay

imported post It appears that Walsburg Bay Group use area has a sign posted stating "No Firearms and Hunting" I checked, it appears that this is a state park. My understanding is that they cannot regulate carry. Is this correct?
  7. thx997303

Interesting Read

imported post http://www.w3f.com/patriots/13/13th-01.html A missing 13th ammendment? Interesting to say the least.
  8. thx997303

Pelosi Care passes.

imported post I'm at a loss for words.
  9. thx997303

Legality of voice recorders

imported post I wonder, what are the laws regarding recording a police encounter with a voice recorder or video camera in Texas?
  10. thx997303

Lack of moderation

imported post I feel that this forum is well self moderated on most of the sub forums, especially the state forums. But in the general discussion forum, well, I find it to be almost a free for all. I decided to see what it would take to get banned from another forum I frequent, and after...
  11. thx997303

Hmm, tired of not being able to OC

imported post Texas sucks. I think I may end up OCing myself a long gun when I get back to Utah. Perfect opportunity to get back to my regularly scheduled programming. Guess I want to be the test case.
  12. thx997303

HIGH Capacity Glock magazines.

imported post Just wondering what other's feel on the 30 round plus Glock magazines. I personally find them to be pieces of junk, and you look retarded while using them.
  13. thx997303

RIA 1911s

imported post Just thought I would ask for others opinions of the Rock Island Armory 1911s. I know they wouldn't be high end, but if they are at least reliable, I think I may buy one.
  14. thx997303

VA Non resident permits

imported post Since most of you are residents of VA here in a very happy corner of OCDO, I couldn't get much of an answer as to how long it takes to get a non resident permit. So I guess we will find out. Application sent on 21AUG09 The wait begins.
  15. thx997303

Possible fix for long CFP wait time

imported post I sent in my application for a concealed permit yesterday, to Virginia. During my dealings with the VA state police, I had asked about their law requiring issuance within 45 days. They said what keeps them within the law is that if the permit is not issued within the time...
  16. thx997303

Wheeler Historic Farm, illegal signs

imported post So, I got a response from a Mr. Tsakalos about the illegal signage, as well as a few pieces of correspondence about the situation. Here it is. Mr. (THX): Your email to the folks at recreation has made its way to me. I appreciate your observations and we are retooling our...
  17. thx997303

What states have the worst backlog of permit applications?

imported post I am aware that both Utah and Florida have been backlogged for quite a while, each having a wait time of about 120 days at one point or another. What about other states?
  18. thx997303

America's most wanted

imported post I'm watching it right now, and three men had broken into a man's house and shot him. Well his wife and a father and son showed up during it, and gave chase and got into a firefight with them. They made it a point of mentioning that they had licenses to carry a...
  19. thx997303

Shipping firearms

imported post I was reading on the ATF website and I came across this, (B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? [ Back] A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or...
  20. thx997303

Shipping Firearms

imported post I was looking at the ATF website, and came across this (B9) May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity? [ Back] Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she...