• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. A

Police called on police story

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Man-Calls-Cops-Over-State-Trooper-With-Gun-Police-321753272.html
  2. A

Drunk carry law

I don't have a link to cite prepared, but I was reading on the subject and came across something I wasn't aware of. I'm hoping someone has it handy. The CT law on carrying a firearm while intoxicated refers to a loaded firearm specifically, not just a firearm. Am I correct in thinking this means...
  3. A

Carry at the 2A rally?

http://www.ccdl.us/aboutus/events/207-2012-2nd-amendment-rally-ct I'm looking to find out if people will be carrying at the 2A rally in Hartford in April. Anybody know if it's legal to carry on the Capitol grounds? Is that considered a Hartford city park?
  4. A

buying guns from a non-permit holder

A guy I know has recently been willed his father's guns. He is not a gun guy and does not have a pistol permit, so he's looking to sell most of them. How do I go about legally buying a handgun from him if he has no permit number to give DPS for the transaction? Do we need to involve an FFL?
  5. A

Bridgeport SP to renew permit?

imported post I'm stuck for time I can take off to get to Middletown DPS to renew my permit so I will have to go to Bridgeport SP barracks on a Saturday. Has anyone ever had to do this? What should I expect?
  6. A

Reasons for opposing OC

imported post What are some of the arguments anti OCers give you for being opposed? A co-worker of mine thinks people can't be trusted to buy quality retention holsters and gun grabbing will be commonplace, guns will be hitting the ground and "going off", and tough guys will be intimidating...
  7. A

Instructor says "go for it"

imported post I took an NRA safety course with my wife this weekend and to my surprise, the instructor strolled in open carrying. I discussed it with him a little and discovered that he's on our side. And he wasn't even aware of this site or the CCDL. Finally, an informed person telling newbie...
  8. A

FL non-resident permit

imported post I just sent in my application for a non-resident Florida permit. Anybody get one recently? What can I expect for a turn-around time? If I recall correctly, FL is a "shall issue" state. So as long as I qualify, i will definitely be issued one?
  9. A

I need a safety course certificate

imported post I'm getting a Florida carry permit and I need a copy of my NRA course completion certificate...which is long lost. Does anyone know of someone who will give me a new one based on me being a CT permit holder allready? I am willing to pay a reasonable fee.
  10. A

Cromwell Game Area

imported post Is anyone familiar with this place? It's at the end of Game Area Rd off of Hicksville Rd in Cromwell. A friend took me there a long time ago but he was a Cromwell resident (not sure if it's a town park). Can you still hunt/shoot there? What species are hunted there?
  11. A

what happens to confiscated guns?

imported post I just read on another board that a county in Georgia is considering selling off some of it's supply of confiscated guns to raise some cash. This makes me wonder if CT has some orphan guns that need good homes.
  12. A

Can I shoot nuisance animals?

imported post Now obviously where it's safe and legal to do so...Can I shoot squirrels and coyotes? Is there any season on them? Permit required?
  13. A

non-citizen permit

imported post I've got a friend who is a Venezualan immigrant. He's a legal resident and is engaged in the citizenship process. Can he get a pistol permit in CT before he's a citizen?
  14. A

pulled over armed

imported post If you get pulled over in CT are you legally obligated to tell the officer that you are carrying a gun? I don't think so but i can't find anything on it anywhere. I know this is the law in a few states.
  15. A

High Rock Range

imported post Is anybody familiar with High Rock in Naugatuck? Are they open through winter? The website says they are only open weekends, what are the hours? Any caliber restrictions? I heard you can't fire shotguns there, is that true? How long is the range?
  16. A

AK or AR

imported post I'd like to get a semi auto version of an AK 47 or an AR 15. What's legal in CT and what can I buy here?
  17. A

how to renew permit

imported post How do you renew your pistol permit? Will I get something in the mail like the DMV or do you have to go to the DPS? How close to the expiration date can you renew it?
  18. A

Gun in the car?

imported post Is it illegal to leave a gun in your car permanently in CT. I searched the state website for gun laws but it isn't mentioned.
  19. A

metacon gun club

imported post Anyone a member of Metacon Gun Club in Simsbury? I am interested in membership and wondering what it costs.
  20. A

Anyone know of a gun show

imported post I never hear of any gun shows here in CT. Anyone know of one coming up?