• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Taurus850CIA

Lapeer Starbucks 3:00pm today

Slowdog and I will be there showing our appreciation, along with an OC noob friend of mine. Anyone wishing to join us just show up. Look for a trio of 1911's. :)
  2. Taurus850CIA

Arts Beats and Eats

This has been incredible, folks. I'm proud to see such an effort from a great group of people. I can't tell you all how it stings to have to watch it all from so far away. Keep it up! You're not just opening the sheeps' eyes to the freedoms of firearms, you're opening them to the true sense of...
  3. Taurus850CIA

Understanding MCL 28.428

4. Taurus850CIA

OC meet

imported post Thinking Saturday (19th) afternoon or Sunday (20th) afternoon, maybe Starbucks in Lake Orion, and a possible trip to the pit following. Short notice, I know. I don't make long range plans when I get home. Eh well. Anyone?
  5. Taurus850CIA

OC Lunch in Flint

imported post I'll be there with my daughter. Anyone else? http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/43637.html
  6. Taurus850CIA

Michigan Open Carry

imported post Uncle Pete's truck stop, located at exit 239 on I-40, off US 70 in Lebanon, TN, is trying for the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest collection of unique coffee cups. They currently have over 6400. The record is somewhere around 8000. (All according to the waitress I...
  7. Taurus850CIA

Open Carry

imported post Tonight. It's on now. eta: I'm expecting a bashing.
  8. Taurus850CIA

Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm

imported post I listed this in another thread, and received no response. I'll try it here. A friend of mine wants to sell his 9mm. It's in great shape. $400, face to face, cash. Purchase permit or CPL required. What you see in the pics is what you get. PM me for his contact info.
  9. Taurus850CIA

Why is it important to support and protect the 2nd Amendment?

imported post I've been asked for help in providing reasons to uphold and protect the second amendment for a speech being prepared for a college class. I know what I want to provide, I'm looking for extra comments, and a little discussion on the ins and outs of why it's important to protect it...
  10. Taurus850CIA

Veteren's Day

imported post Thank you all for your service and sacrifices.
  11. Taurus850CIA

Second Amendment Task Force

imported post http://www.secondamendmenttaskforce.com/index.htm
  12. Taurus850CIA

Kicked out of Cabela's

imported post OC'd at Cabela's today with Tygereye. We called ahead to see if they had the Lee Hand Press in stock. They did, a kit for 35 bucks, so we made the trip down. When we arrived, I waited for her to load and holster before we went inside. I didn't take my coat off until we were...
  13. Taurus850CIA

Once fired military brass

imported post This is all over the internet. Google "brass casings DOD". Apparently, the DOD is no longer allowed to sell once fired casings to reloading companies without first destroying them. This drops the value of the brass by 80%. This potentially has huge consequences on the already...
  14. Taurus850CIA

New flag

imported post I'm going to start flying this flag. For those of you who don't know, the words are "Molon Labe". Just google it, and you'll understand. The flag is a touch crude, but it carries a strong message. ETA: It has come to my attention that some people think I have defaced an...
  15. Taurus850CIA

Expunge a felony

imported post A friend of mine was convicted of larceny roughly 11 years ago, and he wants to have it expunged from his record so he can get his CPL. I need to know how to go about doing this. This occured in Livingston County. Any ideas?
  16. Taurus850CIA

Bay County man defends business

imported post I heard this on Flint radio this morning, and am watching on Channel 12 news now. Two masked intruders broke into Evergreen Insurance in the village of Auburn last night at around 7 p.m. Both were holding guns, later found to be air guns. The business owner shot one, the other got...
  17. Taurus850CIA

Flint Lunch anyone?

imported post This coming sunday, the 11th, I'd like to have an informal lunch or breakfast meeting in Flint. I'm thinking the Capitol coney, southeast corner of Van Slyke, and Bristol, just a hair east of US 23. Any takers?
  18. Taurus850CIA

Looking for help in Michigan

imported post I need some help in locating some information pertaining to concealed carry laws in states other than Michigan. The following is a list of "Pistol Free Zones" in Michigan. My goal is to isolate states with fewer "Pistol Free Zones", and compare them with violent crime rates on...
  19. Taurus850CIA

Thoughts for public relations

imported post I've seen and heard a word flying around here that undoubtedly makes it harder to convince the general public of our safe and benign intentions. Many members here are currently or formerly members of one form of military establishment or another. I want to take the chance to thank...
  20. Taurus850CIA

Reloading

imported post I just read another post having to do with cheap ammo. I want to get into reloading. I have a .45 acp and a .38 spl. I don't want to spend a lot of money, of course, and I want a lot of "bang" for my buck. Any suggestions? Looking for reloader brands, where to aquire supplies...