• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. P

Police officers and SURs

imported post I know peace officers have their rifles that are issued to them that they carry in their squad cars. However, are CA peace officers allowed to privately own a Sport Utility Rifle without it being an OLL or bullet buttoned?
  2. P

My coveted 1911 choice is illegal!!!

imported post Well My latest visit to the local gun dealer left a sour taste in my mouth. I found out(and reafirmed later on theDOJ website) that theTaurus PT1911is illegal(for sale)in california. They were the obvious choice for me since they were affordable $500-$600, and came with ambi...
  3. P

Lever Actions!

imported post I handled my Uncle's Marlin 30-30 today and completely fell in love! I plan on buying a lever action in the near future. However what caliber would be best? I like the 30-30 although it has a slight reputation for lacking in stopping power, like most intermedate cartridges. I...
  4. P

Other weapons to OC/CC

imported post Can i OC/CCan expandable baton?
  5. P

Sub Sonic ammunition

imported post Is subsonic ammo legal in California? My first guess is yes of course it is because we live in California: The Illegal state.
  6. P

LOCing at work

imported post A friend of mine works at a store inthe mall and the other day her manager was verbally assaulted and threatened by 3 little punk gang bangers. We were able to get them off property andafter the owner foundout, nowhe wants his employees armed. Which way of carry should they do...
  7. P

is this new stock CA legal???

imported post I want a new stock for my SKS. this stock will recieve my fixed 10rnd mag as per CA standard. However im not sure about the pistol grip situation. As far as i know it is legal because an SKS with a fixed magazine isnt an assault rifle because it says so here...
  8. P

My first uoc

imported post Well i got off work at 12am drove home and realised i took home a set of keys that is very important and the morning guy needs that set to get in the morning. So, i thought i might take my SKS, lilly(thats right i name my guns:dude:), with me thinking that anyone still loitering...
  9. P

which company makes the best 1911?

imported post simple right? which company makes the best 1911? preferably with ambi-safety. i want an affordable 1911 but i dont want a crap gun either. Ive been looking at taurus right now. maybe springfield?
  10. P

left handed guns?

imported post I know there are a few ambedexrous guns, but im looking specifically for a left handed revolver. although i doubt such a gun exists. does anyone have any leads i can follow?
  11. P

.357 revolvers can shoot .38

imported post Just found out that revolvers chambered for .357 mag can shoot .38 splbullets. This only works for revolvers and it doesnt work the other way around. im going to put that into consideration when buying my next firearm. im thinking a taurus 65. i really like these guns but am torn...
  12. P

oc other peoples guns?

imported post *Edited for safety*
  13. P

question regarding locking up in school zones

imported post I have a taurus PT-92 AF. Anyone who owns one knows they come with a apecial alan wrench looking key that you can insert anto the handle of the gun and turn it thus rendering the them inopperable. My question is... can this constitute as "locking" your gun while passing through a...
  14. P

Incorperated/unincorperated ciies and counties

imported post Does anyone know of a link or something where we can see (possibly a map?) which cities and counties are incorperated or unincorperated? Im worried if my county is;since I live in fresno county i think its a moderatepossibility...
  15. P

OCers in fresno, Ca

imported post I'm making this topic for people who OC inthe Fresno/Clovis area. Lets here some stories