• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

Open Carry on the news in Hong Kong!

imported post So, my wife is in school in Hong Kong to earn her Masters degree and she reported to me today that open carry made the news there! Just a neat tidbit that I thought would be worth mentioning.
  2. T

Funds Needed For My Appeal

imported post Hello all. I have received in the mail today a quote from the court that the transcripts required to move proceed in my appeal is $953.90. I need to pay this ammount and submit it to the court no later than Monday March 22nd, 2010. If you are capable and willing to contribute...
  3. T

Open Banana Carry Protest - San Mateo

imported post If there was a reason to protest in support of open carry, this would be it. As Cato suggests, it is likely an attempt to ambush us into staging an open carry protest. With that being a likely situation I propose that we arrange a more well-mannered protest. Banana open...
  4. T

My Appeal

imported post Appeal was filed in late December I believe. We filed an application for court appointed consel. Last night I received notice that my application was denied. At this point it is expected to cost about $15K to hire a respected appellate attorney and get the transcripts from the...
  5. T

UOC Without Calguns

imported post As some here in California know, Calguns has been on the forefront in regaining our "Right to keep and bear arms". Many of us are members of both groups and have seen the divisiveness, disdain and what low regard they seem to hold for us. I recently tried to see if we could...
  6. T

Theseus 626.9 Case...The REAL DEAL!

imported post Ok, so there have been a lot of questions asked about my case. Some people know what is going on and what it is about, and others don't. I am here to set the story straight. I was never arrested. The police are claiming (in court) that the reason they didn't arrest me is not...
  7. T

Public Defenders - They could be our friend.

imported post coolusername2007 wrote: My basic belief is this. A PD makes up for out lack of procedure. Many of us know the laws well enough and can help forumlate and aid in our own defense. How many standard users of PD's can say that? Using a public defender instead of a private lawyer...
  8. T

CA -OC'er Thinking about Moving to CO. Springs...

imported post So here I am, out of work for near 18 months with no real answers or prospects for respectable or secure employment. My father lives out in CO. Springs that might provide me some limited support as I might be able to live in his house while he is out in Iraq and then Germany for...
  9. T

Organizing a California Chapter of OC'ers

imported post Hello all. As I am sure you all know I am currently under charges related to my open carrying. Besides this, I wish to organize a California chapter of what will hope to be a national open carry organization. OCDO is a great forum with some good minds, but they can't be...
  10. T

My UOC case. . .

imported post My Case has been going on for some time. I don't comment much because the DA's office has notified us that they are watching this forum and my comments. I have been advised by my lawyer to stay off the net, but at this time I am not to inclined to follow those instructions as it...
  11. T

Interstate Commerce to our Advantage?

imported post If a gun can be declared under Federal regulation and control by merit of the commerce powers, then can the argument be made that since it is under Federal regulation then, as a Citizen of the United States I am also taking with it the Federal Governments 2nd Amendment right and...
  12. T

"Plain view doctrine"

imported post While attempting to suggest that running the serials from a firearm while conducting a 12031(e) check was entrapment I found this little gem... (Above quote obtained here.) So my question, to those far wiser than me on these subjects, how much feet might this above requirements...
  13. T

Fund Raiser to Support Theseus and another gun case

imported post Alhambra gathering being planned here This is going to be a fundraising dinner for some CalGuns members including myself. There is some talk of turning it into an OC dinner as well. All are invited. Although I advise any Californian to join CalGuns and answer there, if you are...
  14. T

Being Charged with 626.9 Violation

imported post I don't have a scanner at home, but I will use a fellows to post. I, today, received a letter from the LA District Attorney saying that I have had a complaint filed against me in their office for violation of 626.9(B) POSSESSION OF A FIREARM NEAR A SCHOOL. It tells me a time and...
  15. T

Los Angeles DA Issues Notice - OC IS LEGAL!!!!

imported post
  16. T

When OC...

imported post I was in Chuck E Cheese letting my daughter play, of course OC as I do, and I was thinking to myself what action I would take, if any, if someone where to rob the place armed with a gun. My thoughts were that my primary duty is the safety of my family and the other patrons. But...
  17. T

Diane Feinstein Response to National Capitol Security and Safety Act" (H.R. 6842)

imported post Diane Feinstein Response to National Capitol Security and Safety Act" (H.R. 6842). Dear Mr. Scott: I received your letter expressing support for the "National Capitol Security and Safety Act" (H.R. 6842). I want you to know that I appreciate hearing from you on such an...
  18. T

Support for a Legal and Lobbying Faction of OpenCarry.org?

imported post It has been discussed several times before that most of the larger foundations are bogged down in post-Heller litigation and even when they weren't are not that OC friendly. Some have brought up the idea of a national OC lobby group, similar to the concept of the NRA-ILA. . ...
  19. T

LA County BBQ

imported post I am hoping to be more successful in organizing something. I would like to get an SoCal OC event set for LA area. The below are only suggestions, and I would appreciate discussion and cooperation so that we can get this started. Date: TBD. Following dates suggestedThgursday, Oct...
  20. T

Can a Belt Magazine Patch "Conceal" a Mag, thus Making You Illegal?

imported post We are about to have an OC meeting in Northridge and someone brought up the idea that his mag pouch covers the mag and thus concealed mag=concealed firearm. . . Is this right? Can a magazine pouch on the belt be concealment? I am trying to find an image of mine. . but can't. It...