• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J

Any Fayetteville people on here: trying to find a place to sleep on March 19th...

Yes, this is odd to see a grown person looking for a couch. I'm taking a two day pistol course (http://www.osagecombatives.com/) on March 19th and 20th, and am trying to save money in the process. The class doesn't get out till 9pm on saturday, and starts again at 9am on sunday, while it is...
  2. J

Troubled at Food Lion....

but the manager was one of us. (Albemarle Rd, east charlotte) I was shopping with my wife, OCing a G23C in a Don Hume leather holster, wearing jeans and a black t-shirt. I was in the frozen food section with my wife when an older, larger gentleman with his two grandkids (I'm assuming) stopped...
  3. J

Conversation with McDonalds Manager today- Charlotte, Independance and Idlewild:

I go to this McD drive through every morning for breakfast on the way to work. A few of the employees call me Turbo because of my car, and needless to say, I'm recognized. I teach middle school, so I'm unarmed during the visits to this location. Today was a day of for Veteran's Day, and I...
  4. J

Students for Concealed Carry Range Trip and Dinner

imported post SCCCat NCSU will be having a range day at PDHSC this Wednesday and having a group dinner afterword.I know this is OCDO, but everyone is always welcome, and I know a bunch of students peruse this forum. We will be metting at PDHSC at 6:00pm and we will be shooting till 7:00. The...
  5. J

OC in Utah question

imported post There is a person on another forum that I am on who had a question about OC in utah. The question is on what is considered OC. Some states are fully visible, some states are grip exposed, some are totally different. Does a IWB holster with the grip exposed count as OC, or must it...
  6. J

Detained for OC and GATTTOP

imported post We had our biweekly SCCC meeting tonight at I Love NY Pizza on Hillsborough street, which is directly across from campus. This all happened too fast for me to turn on my recording device, and I was unable to start it during the process. This is the gist of what happened. I...
  7. J

Good Pistol for OCing?

imported post I brought a new toy home today, and am trying to decide if I have the cajones to OC it ever. What says you OCDO?
  8. J

Richmond VA OC dinner on Tuesday: Raleigh area people

imported post Does anyone in the Raleigh want to ride shotgun and head up to the Greater Richmond OC dinner? (GROC) I will be driving up there for their meet. We would have to leave around 3:45-4:00 PM and would get home midnight or later. They are expected to have anywhere from 75-100 people...
  9. J

Small (neutral) confrontation at Leith VW today

imported post So, I went to get my car cleaned at the detail bays behind Leith VW in Cary, NC today. I was there for about 30 minutes when I was approached by a sales person who asked if I was a police officer. I informed him that I was not, and he told me I couldn't have my firearm on the...
  10. J

CC question for a trip to Georgia

imported post Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out with a quick question. I have a NC CHP, that is honored in GA. I'm headed down to Helen this weekend for a car show. Looking at the Handgunlaw.us GA page, it looks like any public gathering makes any form of carry off limits...
  11. J

Walmart:

imported post So I was informed from a member that there was .40 ammo aplenty at the Glenwood Ave. and Briar Creek Walmart locations. I decide to head to these locations after the OC dinner at Cici's. At 9:00pm, I arrived at the Glenwood store and attempted to purchase 500 rounds (10 boxes) of...
  12. J

SCCC

imported post Students for Concealed Carry on Campus will hold its third national collegiate Empty Holster Protest during the week of April 20-24, 2009. Thousands of college students throughout the United States, organized under the banner of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC), will...
  13. J

Whoops, I accidently hurt my GF's wrist.....

imported post This happened last week. I OC my Glock 23Cin a Blackhawk serpa holster about 90% of the time I am carrying. My GF just got her first firearm recenlty and I have been helping her get comfortable with the idea of carrying. We both have our CHP (concealed handgun permit) and she...
  14. J

To those agree with Concealed Carry on Campus

imported post Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is having its third Empty Holster Protest the week of April 20th-24th. We will be wearing our empty holsters around campus all week. We have a number of events set up as well...
  15. J

Any Students or University Empoyees, Please send me a PM or post here.

imported post This is in regards to Students for Concealed Carry. If you could check in that would help me a lot. I am looking for the school you attend, and an email address I can reach you at. Thanks a lot.
  16. J

Got this from my Dad ::email

imported post I know for most I'm just singing to the choir.... 'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~ Thomas Jefferson FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE 1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject. 2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on...
  17. J

Open Holster Protest in NC

imported post http://www.newraleigh.com/articles/archive/dudes-wear-holsters-at-state-this-week-to-protest-lack-of-guns/ http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4512231/ NCSU students want to pack heat on campus Posted: Feb. 10 6:07 p.m. Updated: Feb. 10 8:45 p.m. Raleigh, N.C. —...
  18. J

Utah and Florida Non-resident CCW course

imported post Would anyone be interested in having a person come and 'train' us for Utah and Florida non-resident permits? This would give you reciprocity in 35 states. The cost would be per person: $150 for the course $117 for Florida (good for 5 years) $62.25 for Utah (good for 5 years) $10...
  19. J

OCed in Cary with no problems

imported post I didn't get any looks or comments when I was in Target. Everyone was busy looking for super deals that were left over from Friday. Went to Cicis near Cary Town Center Mall after that. Everyone greeted me nicely, and only one employee even looked at my hip. He took notice but...
  20. J

Bought a G23C the other day

imported post So when are we having the dinner in Cary? I picked up a nice new holster as well. I'm waiting for it to arrive now from the store's 'warehouse'. Then I will post some pictures, because who doesn't like gun pron?