• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. MadHatter66

Stopped for OC @ Poulsbo Walmart 2/10 @1935

This evening I was heading over to Walmart to pick up my prescription that was ready. I walked in, past an officer that in their car and already there talking to someone else about something else. I went in to the pharmacy, stood in line, sat down for a few while they finished up something...
  2. MadHatter66

New Open Carry Holster (custom)

Need this on a holster... :cool:
  3. MadHatter66

OK I am going to Work Source. They say they can not help me.

Technically and legally can you? Kind of... Now they get around preemption by bringing in a private management company, in this case VenuWorks for the Toyota Center. Because they are a private business, they get away with not allowing weapons (firearms) into the venue. For more on this they...
  4. MadHatter66

BelfairAreaRoundTable, and misinformation

imported post I am sure that Mr. Gerhardt would love to get some emails from people here, especially some people in Mason County...I sent him one already... And he decided to post his email in a public forum, so his loss... I did send him a ton of info, and I look forward to hearing from...
  5. MadHatter66

Boerner's Guns, Anti-OC

imported post So I was in Boerner's today to see what they have and there was a guy at the counter talking about wanting to carry. And the clerk, who's name escapes me right now was giving him some info...went like this... Clerk: You can go to your local LE dept and get a CPL, and carry...
  6. MadHatter66

Kitsap County Code & Kitsap Sun

imported post With the picnic coming up, and the Kitsap Sun being invited, there has been another side positive to come out of this. Josh Farley, one of the Kitsap Sun reporters is taking the Kitsap County Code violation and making calls to the powers that be in the county regarding the issue...
  7. MadHatter66

Mauser 1891

imported post I know there are people on this board that will know something about this rifle... I do know that it is a 7.62...just notsure what kind, the casings say 7.62 ARG on the base, I think that it is a 7.62 x 53...but I am not 100% sure of that... I would love to be able to buy ammo...
  8. MadHatter66

OC Run in today

imported post Was at the Silverdale target this afternoon looking for a photo album for my brother in law that is leaving for Iraq next week and this woman and her daughter turned on the isle I was on, grabbed her daughter, looked at me and said "Don't go down there honey, there is a crazy guy...
  9. MadHatter66

CPL Discussion...

imported post http://pugetsoundblogs.com/kitsap-crime/2008/09/22/how-frequent-are-ye-gun-toting-washingtonian Story is by: Josh Farley, the Kitsap Sun's public safety reporter. More about CPL's at the Kitsap Sun Crime Blog, could be interesting to follow... Posted some answers and OCDO...
  10. MadHatter66

Firearm Appraiser

imported post Off topic of OC, but I was curious if anyone knows a decent appraiser here on the west side of the sound, or anywhere here in western washington. I have a 1911 that was given to me by my late grandfather in good condition, it is a Remington Rand model, and has a serial # that...
  11. MadHatter66

Few questions from a new guy...

imported post Been lurking a while. I have 2 actual questions. 1. Anyone have any knowledge of how apartment complexes can fall into OC? It is not posted anywhere, and no where in the rental agreement. Being that it is private property I am curious about how it would fall in. I know that I can...