• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. U

Town requires my credentials to teach?!

One of my NRA basic pistol course students says his town (Groton) requires a copy of my credentials to process HIS application. Is this legal for the town to require? They have my student's training certificate with my NRA instructor name and info on it already. Why do they need MY certificate...
  2. U

NRA Pistol Course EXPIRATION?

imported post A friend of mine recently applied to a local town for a pistol permit with a NRA basic pistol course certificate that was over 1 year old. The clerk rejected the application because the date was over a year old. Is this town making up its own rules? Or is there a CT statute to...
  3. U

What can a town require to process a permit application?

imported post 1. Must the application (DPS-799) be NOTARIZED? As Waterford requires? 2. Can the town require a facial photograph? The Waterford application (insert)also says: "It takes approximately 8 weeks for the results of your application* to be determined. You will be notified by the...
  4. U

Kicked Out of Ron's Guns in East Lyme, CT

imported post Today I did a short circuit of gun stores while OCing. First I went to Hoffman's, very crowded...looked around for 25 mins or so. I briefly spoke to the owner and replenished our CCDL business cards there. Despite the large crowd, no comments about my OCing. Then I went to the...
  5. U

Open Carry Challenged

imported post First encounter with an off-duty officer while OCing Monday, 24 August 2009 at 1330hrs. My family and I went to Hopeville Pond in Griswold to check out a new beach and go for a swim. After a few hours, we lured the children out of water with the promise of ice cream at nearby...
  6. U

Carry in CT State Parks?

imported post Any CT statutes that ban carry in State Parks?
  7. U

CCDL Treasury

imported post 1. Did we agree to $15 per shirt? a couple of $$ into the CCDL coffers per shirt. BTW:Newman's Graphics is the vendornewmansgraphics@hotmail.com (Despite the name, absolutelyNO RELATIONto me) 2. We gonnaneed a bank account! suggestions? I'd suggesta Connecticut state wide...
  8. U

CCDL Mission Statement

imported post The latest version: (by G.B) The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights delineated by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are dedicated to defending the...
  9. U

CCDL 3rd Business Meeting 14 April 2009

imported post CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) Meetings - Business Meeting Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm Middletown Elks Lodge 771 44 Maynard Street Middletown, CT http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63321754119#/event.php?eid=58895142403 From facebook CCDL event...
  10. U

Nightline VCDL video posted on our facebook group page.

imported post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIjrv5DDs_I&feature=related
  11. U

Public Hearing on SB-353

imported post [font="Book Antiqua"][size=3] http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&bill_num=SB00353 Public Hearing on Monday, 16 March 2009
  12. U

CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) (?!)

imported post Search for the group and join: CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) -NAME AND DESCRIPTION PENDING- Defending Your Right to Defend Yourself! The Connecticut Citizen's Defense League (CCDL) is the pending name for a new organization inspired in part by the successes of the...
  13. U

Meeting of opencarry.orger from CT

imported post I suggest we have a meeting of like-minded folks in Newington, CT. I suggest Ruth's Chris Steakhouse because Sean Hannity has told me to go there for years and I've never been.:D Furthermore, I suggest Monday, 16 Feb 09 (President's Day) at 1800hrs. Newington is central CT, and I...
  14. U

Where's Reciprocity at?

imported post Is there any political action planned or in motion to have state pistol permits recognized by all the states like driver's licences are? Currently I'm trapped in CT....surrounded by liberal states who won't let me cross state lines while armed. If there is, where can one follow...
  15. U

Spotting scope recommendations?

imported post Kinda unrelated to open carry....but this is my favorite firearms forum so please bear with me. Does anyone here have a good recommendation for a cheap spotting scope for rifle range work at 100 yards?....there are so many options out there....don't want to waste $50-150 on a...