• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. O

Greyhound bus trip. Help needed

The last time that I was on a Greyhound bus was many decades ago. I've checked their web site and they don't "allow" firearms. I intend to carry, but I will carry concealed. After all, a passenger was be-headed on a Greyhound, so it is obvious that Greyhound won't provide security. What I...
  2. O

Stun guns: Do you carry one? If so, what type do you carry?

imported post I own several stun guns. I have two long handled ones, one for the house and one for the van. I have two very small one million volts units. One has replaceable batteries and the other has rechargeable batteries. These are so small that they will fit in a ciggarete pack. But...
  3. O

What would YOU do?

The scenario: You are in a store/bank/etc. A man enters and shoots a cashier, killing her. He then grabs a woman and puts a gun to her head and uses her as cover. (You are carrying, but he hasn't noticed.) He then tells the manager to open the safe or he will kill the woman. He states: "You...
  4. O

I bought a Ruger SR9c yesterday!

imported post I wanted the black version of this 9mm semi-auto, and they could order one, but I decided to drop by and look at the stainless steel slide version. I'm glad I did as it is one good looking gun! So, I bought it. The SR9 is it's big brother. The SR9c comes with a flush 10 round...
  5. O

"You don't have a gun on you, do you?"

imported post How many of you have ever been asked that question? I was! I had one errand to run that day, which was to go to the drug store to pick up a prescription. I planned to use the drive-thru therefore I wouldn't need to carry as I had a .45 in my vehicle. As I reached for my keys...
  6. O

What do you think of Ruger's SR9C?

imported post I never thought I would be seriously considering purchasing a 9mm. But, today's 9mm ammunition packs more 'punch' than older ammunition. I have Ruger's LCP and I'm pleased by it. I would like to hear from those of you who have, at least, read a review on the SR9C, either from a...
  7. O

XDm .45 Compact

imported post I like the compact .45. I was wondering if anyone knows if the compact will be offerred as a XDm?
  8. O

Police shooting gone bad - and a video tape shows the police lied.

imported post There was a fairly recent situation were I believe it was another "no knock" warrant. A flash-bang was thrown into the home and LE stormed into the home. A 12 year old girl (resident of the house) was shot in the neck and she died. The police version is an officer struggled...
  9. O

"I have a permit, but why are you carrying a gun?"

imported post I saw a friend today at Walmart. He said: "Why are you carrying a gun?" I replied: "To exercise my 2nd amendment right and to p--s off Obama." He said: "I have a permit too, but why are you carrying a gun?" I said: "Its like a seatbelt; You never know when you'll need it."...
  10. O

Record your SD shooting

imported post I received my "Sportsman Guide" catalog today and I got mad over a new product. Mad that I didn't think of it, make it and patent it! It is a video camera, light and laser that will fit on standard rails. It is a bit big for a hand gun, if you carried it. But, for a rifle or...
  11. O

Safe Room

imported post I'm still have burns from the time I brought this up elsewhere. I seriously want your opinion on this. It makes sense to me, to have a fortified room in your home where you and your family could retreat to in times of emergency. My post about no knock warrents made think of...
  12. O

You're door crashes down and you hear "POLICE!"

imported post You see them in T-shirts that says "POLICE" and they have a badge, handcuffs, etc. What would you do? If you don't put your gun down, you will be shot. But, if you put your gun down, you could also be shot. Some criminals have realized that home owners may have guns. So...
  13. O

Tolerance

imported post I am not pointing fingers but I have read some member's of this forum call someone stupid or call their ideas that. I experienced the other end by posting on another forum, that I had just joined. I mentioned that I had a .22 in my pocket. My post was about something different...
  14. O

Gun store scare

imported post The last time I visited my favorite gun store, I was so shocked by what happened that I was speechless. An employee, that I hadn't seen before, was helping me. I asked to see a gun that was on display under the glass counter. He picked it up with his right hand, wrapped his...
  15. O

How do we find out if our community has OC events?

imported post I read of OCers meeting a restaurants, etc. while carrying openly. I think this can help the public accept us. But how does one find out if such events occur near them? Is there a website where such information is accessable?
  16. O

Walther PPS

imported post My most recent firearm is a Walther PPS in .40. It is available in 9mm but both pistols are identical in size. I believe it might be the smallest .40 made; It is certainly the thinnest. It is great for CC but also good for OC as it is less noticeable and you really do forget...
  17. O

Saved by a firearm I never had to expose.

imported post This isn't as exciting as most posts here but I'm certain that having a firearm saved me. I was metal detecting in a park that I hadn't been to before. It was getting dark, but the park was well lighted. Also, it finally cooled off enough that it was comfortable. Even so, I...
  18. O

Carrying at Lowes.

imported post I carry openly everywhere it is legal to do so. I should qualify that by saying I carry openly when the weather is such that wearing a jacket isn't called for, which is the greater part of the year where I live. I used to have problems when I first open carried. Then I switched...
  19. O

DRT ammunition - have you heard of this new self-defense round?

imported post I just learned of DRT ammunition via my latest Cheaper Than Dirt! catalog. I took a look at their website (http://drtammo.com) and it looks interesting. Do any of you have any knowledge and/or experience with this ammunition? If not, what are your thoughts? open4years
  20. O

Do you open carry in high visibility mode or stealth mode?

imported post When I first began to open carry, I carried a black P14-45 (A Para-Ordinance .45, a big gun!) in a tan Bianchi holsteralong with a twin (tan) magazine carrier holding two black magazines. Everywhere I went, people noticed me and said such things as: "I didn't do it!!" Security was...