• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

OCDO Hampton Roads / Southside, Feb 2nd, 7pm @ Village Inn

On Thursday, I talked with the good folks at Village Inn (Virginia Beach Blvd & Independence) and they told me Feb 2nd (Wednesday) would be a great day to host us. So great that we'd even get free pie because it's Wednesday. To make it even better, one lady who always gives me great service...
  2. D

Hampton Roads OCDO Dinner - Village Inn in Virginia Beach Va on Wed, August 4th @ 7pm

It's been a while since I've seen one scheduled. I know I've missed the last few that have happened. How about we get one going? My suggestion is Village Inn in Virginia Beach Va on Wed, August 4th @ 7pm. My wife & I will be there. How about you?
  3. D

I think I may have touched a nerve... (or how I gots robbed)

Last Friday, my wife & I went up to Water Country USA to spend a relaxing day at the park without the kids. We took my car which had proudly carried the bright orange GSL magnet. I say had because when we parked, the magnet was there on my trunk lid (I drive a Saturn Wagon). When we came out...
  4. D

OC in San Diego

imported post I am looking at a distinct possibility of being in San Diego for up to 10 days in the very near future. Where should I look for proper guidance as to the "Dos & Don'ts" of OC in San Diego? I also want to add that the firearm I was thinking of bringing with me has a 17+1 round...
  5. D

Have to say thank you...

imported post To all the guys here who have opened my eyes toward our rights. I was out shopping with a friend late yesterday afternoon. I was CCing as our friend is not quite ready to take the plunge of open carry quite yet. Working her up to it in baby steps. She does know that I carry...
  6. D

Looking for some guidance...

imported post I'm going to be having a trip to Winston-Salem State University later this year and the event flyer (for the trip) is stating the following: No guns are allowed on campus – even locked in the trunk of your car (this is a state school and therefore a felony). Can someone help me...
  7. D

Carry status in Virginia's State Parks...

imported post Am I correct in that carry in Virginia's State parks is still concealed carry only? I just want to make sure I'm still good to go since we are heading out camping *very* soon.
  8. D

For those PPK & PPK/S owners...

imported post Keep on the lookout for delivery trucks. If you had to send in your Walther PPK or PPK/S for warranty work due to the recall, it may be coming back soon. I just got a package from Fedex yesterday and it was 'Adult Signature Required'. Ended up having to pick it up at the Fedex...
  9. D

SW VA happenings

imported post We will be vacationing in the SW end of Virginia over the 4th of July weekend and the following week. We are going to be camping at Smith Mountain Lake (situated between Bedford, Rocky Mount, Roanoke, and Lynchburg). Are there any activities planned or happening in that general...
  10. D

Interesting 1st & 2nd Amendment rights article

imported post On Pilot Online no less!! Link: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GUNS_ON_CAMPUS_VAOL-?SITE=VANOV&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-05-28-14-53-41
  11. D

Anyone here familiar with Camp Lejeune firearm policies?

imported post My wife's Reserve Unit is going to Camp Lejeune in June. She's not wanting to leave home unarmed (yay!). She called the base Provost (think that's who she said) and the lady that answered told her "I don't know the answer to your question but I'll find out and get back to you."...
  12. D

Fun times had responding to security incident at my company office

imported post Fun times Saturday just after noon. Got a call from the security monitoring company that takes care of our alarm system. Apparently the system generated a break-in alert. Okay, not a big deal. Important, yes. Life stopping, no. They called the entire call list (5 people) and I...
  13. D

OC Questions...

imported post SrADaddy wrote: Respectfully, I have to disagree. I read the cite from the link you provided and I read nothing there that would indicate OC is not allowed in motor vehicles without a CHP. Also, the link provided had no hits for the words 'motor' or 'vehicle'. I believe the...
  14. D

Illinois Sheriffs back concealed carry...

imported post Link: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisnews/story/385D6275457E354286257554000E644A?OpenDocument There's hope yet!
  15. D

Wanted man from Maryland nabbed at Bob's Gun Shop

imported post Video link: http://www.wvec.com/video/index.html?nvid=295402 You can also read about it on Wavy.com as well. Article link on Wavy: http://www.wavy.com/global/story.asp?s=9218459&srvc=leadstory I find it oddly distressing yet laughable that someone can be that incredibly dense...
  16. D

What exactly constitutes 'Open Carry'?

imported post This is a question that has been bubbling in the back of my mind for some time now. What exactly constitutes 'Open Carry'? The reason I ask is if I wear a 'small-of-the-back' holster* with my shirt tucked in, you can plainly see my firearm from behind or somewhat off to the side...