• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. O

Unusual Difficulty in General Posting Pro-Gun Comments

I have noticed lately that its is no longer easy posting Pro-Gun comments on articles involving gun-control. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced the same thing? Not trying to sound paranoid, it could be for technical reasons for all I know. I am not talking, of course, about this...
  2. O

Tim Greimel, State Rep from District 29 DOES NOT support Constitutional Rights!

My message to Tim Greimel in response to his failure to support Constitutional Carry in Michigan (see his letter below) Hi Tim, Thanks for proving that you don't understand Article I, Section 6 of our state Constitution, which expressly enumerates the right of 'every person' to keep and bear...
  3. O

Huntin' Time Expo - Jan. 27-29 at the Delta Plex Arena, Grand Rapids

My wife and I will be attending the Huntin' Time Expo this weekend. Any issues with management regarding OC (myself) or CC (my wife)? We both have CPLs.
  4. O

Michigan's Constitution and the (dead-on-arrival) proposed Assault Weapons Ban

Michigan's RTKBA Constitutional Provision vs. Assault Weapons Ban Background: http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/10/assault_weapon_ban_bill_dead_o.html#incart_river_home I'm going to share my take on this from a vastly different angle. First and foremost, let's forget about the federal...
  5. O

Out-of-State Carry in Chicago?

My wife and I both have CPLs (we're Michigan residents) and will be in Chicago on Monday. We know that its ok to carry inside our vehicle, but we don't wish to leave any firearms in our parked vehicle once we reach our destination. It is a day trip so we won't have a hotel room for...
  6. O

Assault Weapons Protected Under Heller Dissenting Opinion - New 2A Battle Front

Has anybody ever read Justice Stevens dissenting opinion in the original Heller case?* While obviously written to very narrowly interpret the Second Amendment, Stevens was unable to obliterate the basic tenet of the amendment, it being that Congress was powerless to act to disarm the State...
  7. O

Bloomberg Group Planning Stealth Grand Rapids Event!

Grand Rapids Wear Orange Event Join supporters of Moms Demand Action for a Wear Orange Event in Grand Rapids with live music and food. Help us celebrate National Gun Violence Awareness Day. Don't forget to Wear Orange! When: Thursday, 02 June, 6 PM Where: TBA Organizer will contact with event...
  8. O

Anti-Gunners calling for Obama to declare Marshall Law!

It you consider yourself a pro-gun activist then you should be on the anti-gun activists' email list. Lately, they have been agitating shocking ideas that are very extreme (not to mention foreboding) as examples of the ends that they are willing to go to in their effort to achieve so-called...
  9. O

Alarmed, with good reason! Senator Green's Senate Bill 442 criminalizes Open Carry

Ok, so I've dived into Senator Green's bill and it is a horribly written piece of legislation. I've just gotten off the phone with Senator Green's office and it doesn't appear that he is going to back down. I'll mention some of the negative highlights here as well as provide Senator Green's...
  10. O

Michigan Laws regarding Identifying to Law Enformcement

Ok, I have been curious about stop and identification issues in Michigan. I have done some research, let me if my conclusion below is wrong: Michigan is not a Stop & ID state and thus, even if detained or arrested, there is no legal obligation to provide either verbal or paper identification...
  11. O

Coming soon to Michigan courtesy of Michael Bloomberg!

Got this in my email inbox today (yes I am on the anti's mailing list - know your opposition)! XXX -- Oregon just officially became the 18th state to require background checks for all handgun sales and the sixth since Sandy Hook to close loopholes in their background check laws. This is the...
  12. O

(Anti-gun) Melissa Gilbert running for Congress in Michigan!

Melissa Gilbert (of Little House on the Prairie fame), a long time resident of Los Angeles, is now running for public office in Michigan. While I loved her role as a kid, this lady needs to lose badly as she will be attempting to impose her California gun control attitudes on our lovely...
  13. O

Opting out of Michigan Handgun Registration - Any comments?

I read with great interest Jared Coyne's article on an exemption to the requirement to register pistols under Michigan law. Here is his letter: http://www.miopencarry.org/news/2015/06/Opt-Out-Of-Handgun-Registration I am curious what those of you who are well-versed in Michigan firearms law...
  14. O

Business Owners Face Massive Financial Risk Unless They Post Gun-Free Signs

Just a heads up on the latest from the anti-gun press office! Bloomberg's ilk has funded (what they would have everybody believe) is an expert legal opinion designed to scare business owners (and probably their insurance companies) into posting gun-free zone signs. I have't read the so-called...
  15. O

Governor Vetoes Your Rights - Urge a Special Session to Override the Veto!

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-laws/breaking-wv-governor-vetoes-constitutional-carry-bill/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gunssavelives%2FYUiF+%28Guns+Save+Lives%29 Get R' Done West Virginia!
  16. O

Second Amendment Court Victory (non-firearms-related)!

Considering that the opinion was 7-0 and out of the East-Coast, I'm quite pleased: http://news.yahoo.com/court-overturns-ex-army-medics-weapons-conviction-192731739.html
  17. O

Pros & Cons - Mark Schauer vs. Rick Snyder

I so want to get Rick Snyder out of office for his veto of the bill eliminating gun free zones but..... Who is Mark Schauer and what is his present position on guns? I think he had B ratings from NRA and MCRGO at one time, what are his current ratings? I am after results. If Snyder gets...
  18. O

FYI - Article about Michigan School District Changing Gun Policy for the Better!

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/10/another-michigan-public-school-adopts-compliant-weapons-policy-allows-guns/#axzz3GxXNZ5ec
  19. O

Non-resident (w/CPL) carry inside of Vehicle (i.e. Bus)

I understand that non-residents who have a concealed weapon's permit from their home state may have a firearm in their car. Does this exception require that the car be their own personal vehicle? I'm talking about a private commercial bus (that doesn't have a no-firearms policy). Thanks to...
  20. O

Registering pistols that had been stored in another state.

I plan to go down to the local Sheriff's office to register a pistol that I had stored in another state (this was done because I was living overseas). A relative is transporting it up to me from that other state (that state had no pistol registration requirement). The pistol was always mine...