• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. V

Customizing:

imported post I'm looking for a smith that can hard chrome the slide of my M&Pc. I checked out a few folks online, but I didn't see any info about turnaround time. I don't want to be without a slide for a long period of time, obviously. I'd prefer to deal locally... but I'm willing to explore...
  2. V

Mag Pouches

imported post Hopefully an easier question than the one about assault rifles (lol): My carry is a compact S&W M&P .40. However I recently switched to loading up with full size mags (with the x-grips to cover the gap), rendering my current mag pouch insufficient. Looking for feedback on what...
  3. V

Compromise in Order to Accomplish?

imported post I have an idea... and it's totally open to debate (hence it being posted for discussion). I have to believe anyone active in the open carry movement BELIEVES in our Constitutional freedom to keep and bear arms WITHOUT infringement. I believe that the open carry movement was born...
  4. V

Question About Legal Use of Firearm:

imported post Heard a story about a friend of a friend last night who was walking her little dog through her neighborhood when a larger, more aggressive, dog escaped his yard and attacked the small dog she was walking. The little dog was injured, but fortunately survived (after a hefty vet...
  5. V

Settle a Debate

imported post I'm not involved with this particular debate... it's amongst a friend and one of his other friends. My friends friend (we'll just call him Dude) has a CPL and is aware that open carry is legal. His family owns a bar in a not-so-great part of town. He frequently works "closing...
  6. V

There Is More Than One Approach

imported post If some off you are sensing a tang of annoyance in my words lately, then your spidey sense is tingling properly. I'll be honest that it's starting to annoy me every time I offer personal experience in a matter, or someone else comes along with a story about a negative LEO...
  7. V

Arrested in Detroit for Open Carrying:

imported post Just got back from Detroit. Before I tell the story, let me begin by saying that I almost always OC... today was certainly no exception. I live in Troy... I spend most of my time in Troy. Today, I had lunch at Chipotle Grill in Troy... there was a uniformed officer standing behind...