• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. AaronS

On hold for NCIC background check for rifle, again...

On hold for NCIC background check for rifle, again. I thought I saw a post in the past about this, but my searchskills are bad, and I can't find it... Well, this is thesecond time I have gone to get a new rifle, and got my app. put on hold due tothe NCIC check. The first time was aright...
  2. AaronS

Some interesting stats. from CNN

I don't know if the Stats are correct, but I thought I would share. http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/09/politics/btn-guns-in-america/index.html Here's a look by the numbers on guns in the United States and Americans' attitudes toward them. 26 -- Percentage of Americans who favor a handgun ban, a...
  3. AaronS

Fletcher Arms Cleaned out?

A friend just told me that Fletchers in Waukesha got hit last night... Any info on this?
  4. AaronS

Is there any interest in a North Milwaukee OC meet and greet?

Well the title tells it all. I am on the North Side of Milwaukee, and want to know if any other members would be interested in a meet and greet on the first Saturday of each month 1pm to 3pm. I was thinking of a mirror of the Delavan meet. The nearest Starbucks to me is at 7335 W Good Hope Rd...
  5. AaronS

NRA Workshops.

Just got this and thought some might want to go to the workshop. New dates are listed. For Concealed Carry To Become a Reality, the NRA Needs Your Help! Due to popular demand for NRA-ILA's grassroots workshops, the NRA's state association Wisconsin FORCE has scheduled three more FREE...
  6. AaronS

One of our own was hurt. Mr. Zien had a bike crash.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/117941914.html I wish him well. I wish he was still in Wisconsin politics...
  7. AaronS

I got a question thats gona make some of you mad.

Ok, so I guess the topic should have given you some warning as to my question for us all…. So after thinking about all of the (gun) crime stats floating around, I would like to get a better understanding as to why some feel it important to be able to sell a (used) gun with out any of the same...
  8. AaronS

And now back to the real world.

imported post http://www.wisn.com/news/23678649/detail.html You just have to love Jesus. I can't wait for this to be over.
  9. AaronS

Would this be "Drunk Man with a Gun"?

imported post http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/93023634.html Think the cops had a loaded gun also? I thought that was some sort of crime... Maybe with all that training, the alcohol won't matter? If a cop gets caught drunk, and has a gun, he/she should not be able to be a cop any more...
  10. AaronS

Hey St. Francis. Wan't to see a real change? Run.

imported post http://www.wisn.com/politics/23015576/detail.html So it sounds like all you need to do is run, and you will be the next Judge in your town. I would do it, but I do not live in the area...
  11. AaronS

President visits Madison

imported post So, our President is going to Madison today. I see that he has caught on, and is holding this showingat a school (zone is for sure). I will admit, I do not like the idea of "gun rights" people with AR's hanging around a President that they do not like. This Presidential "speaking"...
  12. AaronS

Police stake out gun store in Milwaukee.

imported post Just saw this on the JS site. http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/61985627.html
  13. AaronS

Extended Deer Hunt?

imported post Just saw this on the NRA web site, thought some might like to see it. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is proposing to extend the 9-day deer rifle season in November by seven days and wants the public to weigh-in. A number of public hearings have been scheduled...
  14. AaronS

Out of state.

imported post Well I am sure this has been asked, but I cant find it. I am going to Michigan this weekend, and wanted to know if I am able to open carry. As some may know, Wisconsin has open carry only at this time. So will I be good in Michigan? Any rules of thumb that might be odd for me...
  15. AaronS

Hello, few questions from Wisconsin.

imported post Hello From Wisconsin! I carry just about every day now, and am looking to come down to Illinois in the next few weeks. Just what is the law (in a nut shell) for open carry? How about in my car? As I am sure you know, in Wisconsin, we have a 1000 foot school zone, and no carry in...
  16. AaronS

Just a reminder about Jim Doyle

imported post Was just looking over Doyles web site and see that he is still at the same old stuff. He told us on TV that we can open carry, but at the same time he is doing his best to get 66.0409 killed. This is a copy from his site. Empowering Local Communities to Ensure Public Safety...
  17. AaronS

Who just got thrown out of Brookfield Square?

imported post A friend just called me (June 24 at 4:25), and told me that she was watching the Brookfield cops asking a "man with a gun" to leave the mall. She told me that she never saw any mall security talk to him. I think I would have had to ask for the mall security to tell me that I had...
  18. AaronS

Brown Deer Firearm Law

imported post Well I got a reply from a request for info. The park is on the list of no nos'... But open carry looks good.
  19. AaronS

Change Your Laws!

imported post Well, looking over Cedarburg and Mequon’s local laws, I found that both have ordinances banning open carry. So, I sent every Common Council Member and the Mayors a letter (about 18). Most looked just like this. Dear Mequon Common Council Member, I was just looking over a few...
  20. AaronS

Holsters for Open Carry in Wisconsin.

imported post So a new issue has come up for me, with all this “Open Carry” stuff, and that’s a holster. Thanks for the one person that I have seen on the news showing off a good rig, he had a good Black Hawk holster that has a positive restraint system (I want the same for my .38 Taurus, but...