• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. 8

Request VA State Park Info

I will be traveling from my home state-KY. I know VA recognizes my CCDW from KY, but can anyone tell me if I can conceal carry at Interstate Breaks Park? In KY State Parks carry is allowed, but part of the Breaks is in VA. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks! 8th ID
  2. 8

2 days of OC...

imported post Haven't been on here for a while. Just wanted to post. My 2 brothers and I spent some time out and about this weekend. Didn't really hit many big places...most of it was around Cave Run Lake in Bath County. All of us were OC'ing. Local gas stations, a small restaurant and out and...
  3. 8

Monthly OC Breakfast

imported post OK. My idea for a monthly OC breakfast. 3rd Saturday of every month @ 9:30am. Alternating between Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans. Next one will be Saturday Oct. 17th, 9:30 am at Cracker Barrel off Winchester Rd. in Lexington.
  4. 8

New Mexico Judge Rules For OCer

imported post Great article. A New Mexico Judge rules in favor of an OCer who was removed from a movie theater, disarmed, searched, etc. http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m9d9-Federal-judge-rules-police-cannot-detain-people-for-openly-carrying-guns The police...
  5. 8

WTS .40 Cal. Ammo

imported post I wanted to post this on here first as I think it is a great deal. I have 6 (50 round) boxes of .40 ammo for sale. And 1 box (25 rounds) of JHP ammo for sale. If interested PM me. I can give more details. The FMJ will go for $8/box. The JHP will go for $10/box. Prefer face to...
  6. 8

THE UNOFFICIAL, UNPROMOTED, UNANNOUNCED OC PICNIC LEXINGTON, 8/30/09

imported post OK. Beautiful day for a picnic! About 30 people made it out. Plenty to eat. Good conversation. Nice to have time to meet and greet and talk to other freedom-minded people. Thanks to Liberty4Ever for doing much work on this! I'm trying to post a couple pictures. Remember that...
  7. 8

OC Picnic,Lexington-Free Stuff (almost)

imported post If you don't have the details about the upcoming OC picnic just follow this link http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum25/26530-1.html Now, I had an idea that I think will get more people out and provide for a good cause. How about a silent auction with the proceeds going to a...
  8. 8

COME AND GET THEM

imported post I've been on many 2a and pro-gun forums. So many times, I've read "Come and get them" in many posts. I know this is a touchy area, because I've heard that some LEO surf these forums. In spite of the "Come And Get Them" statements, I've read about some instances where a LEO...
  9. 8

Do gun ban signs carry legal weight?

imported post Let's say there is a Private business that has a Concealed Weapons Pohibited sign in the window. Then I go in anyway, possibly not seeing the sign OR switching my carry to OC. And let's say that while in the business I have an encounter whereI have to use my weapon OR a manager...
  10. 8

Anti's at work

imported post Just a quick post. Some anti's at work: "Why do you feel the need to carry a gun?" Some of my responses: Me: Do you lock your doors at night? Anti: Yes Me: Why? ALSO- Me: I carry a gun because my life is worth protecting. Me: I carry a gun to protect my family. Me: I...
  11. 8

Lexington/Central KY OC Outing

imported post I know this is short notice, but I thought we might as well keep the (2 month:cool:) tradition going. So, how about a July OC outing in Lexington? Well, OK, not really July, but how does Saturday, August 1st sound? Breakfast or lunch. Anyone interested? Post interest and ideas...
  12. 8

Scott Co. Park signs

imported post https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6127375171469187558&postID=2724952182864547486&isPopup=true I'm "Anonymous" in this-I just didn't want to go through all the registering, etc.
  13. 8

Duty to inform?

imported post I have recently received my cc permit. I can't find the manual from the class:cuss: My question is if I'm CCing and cop pulls me over do I have to inform the LEO?
  14. 8

PA man found not guilty

imported post I'm not sure if anyone heard of this story. I'm sure now that he was found not guilty, the news will never make it national. It's worth a read http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/28609.html
  15. 8

State Police ccdw notification

imported post I just received a notification in the mail today from the KSP. It says that I must take it to my Sheriff's office and sign for my CCDW. My question is: Should I call the Sheriff BEFORE I go down there? I've always heard of people getting a notice from the Sheriff's office, is...
  16. 8

OC lunch in Lexington?

imported post I'm not sure if anyone is ready for another OC lunch in Lexington, but I just thought I would throw it out...Maybe on a Saturday...The last Saturday of this month may be too close, I don't know...anyone have any ideas/preferences?
  17. 8

S & W magazines for sale

imported post I'm kinda new on here...so if I'm not supposed to be advertising stuff, someone let me know...but the reason I'm doing it here first is that it's an awesome deal and I'd like to have someone in the OC community get first shot at them. I don't own the pistol any longer, but just...
  18. 8

Excessive force??

imported post I hopeI can get the link to this video posted. It's not really about OC, But I thought it would bring up a discussion about excessive force IF you ever have to use your weapon. What do YOU think...
  19. 8

Required to give what info, if detained?

imported post OK. I have OC'd a couple times now, with no issues. My question for more experienced OC'ers is: What info am I required by KY Law to give a LEO? I have the info to use to stay on topic: Am I being detained? Am I being arrested? OC is legal in KY., etc. If anyone has the statutes...
  20. 8

OC Picnic-Possible Dates/Locations

imported post Since our first meet & greet went so well here in Lex. yesterday, I thought we might throw around the idea of doing a picnic-getting more OCer's out and including family members/spouses/kids, etc. I think Liberty4Ever mentioned this yesterday. Anyway, I'm not real sure about...