• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J

Legal Seminar with Meet & Greet

Group, THE LINK IS LIVE. GO REGISTER EARLY TO CONFIRM A SEAT. Group - we have not met the min. yet. I pitched that the OC community is very interested in being current on the legal landscape. We are not living up to that yet. If they are going to take us seriously and have more of these...
  2. J

Question on Legal Seminar

Group, I have been absent from this group recently as I'm trying to build my new company. That said while I was away, I have developed an association with the US Law Shield people. They regularly hold seminars on the legal aspects of gun ownership and carrying taught by a lawyer and usually...
  3. J

Got rally tonight - posted no firearms

GOP rally. I hate auto correct correct. Decided to attend the rally tonight. 1st impressions - big mistake. I came back to the party to try to be part of fixing the mess at both the state & federal levels. I intentionally got here early to get a perspective & reconnect with some people...
  4. J

Castle Rock OC Election - Both Questions Passed!!!

It is looking like OC on town properties is in the near future. The page can be found here We need to have another M&G here in the near future. JSK Excerpt from CR town site... "Posted on: August 28, 2014Both measures pass in Aug. 19 Special ElectionResults in the Town’s Aug. 19 Special...
  5. J

Possible M&G Question (NFA Trusts)

Guys, I was meeting with a representative of US Law Shield yesterday. During the meeting he indicated the concept of an NFA Gun Trust is at risk. It appears the ATF will be eliminating it (part of Obama's unilateral effort at gun control) in the near future, possibly as soon as 30 day or...
  6. J

Anyone interested in this meeting?

To put this in perspective, I have a friend that is a lawyer. She specializes in elder & estate law. She has observed significant misunderstanding regarding firearms and the issues around passing them to heirs, especially with our recent law changes. There have apparently been some issues...
  7. J

Castle Rock M&G Oct 19th - 1p

Group, I'd like to announce a short notice meet & greet. It has been a year since the last on & given the gun show in town, I thought this was a good time to try again. OC M&G - http://opencarrycolorado.com/forums/index.php/topic,1857.new.html#new I have reserved the restaurant - Pegasus...
  8. J

Gun Policy at New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center

I did a quick search & didn't find anything here so please no flames if I missed something. I'm coming to NOLA for a conference in early spring that will be held at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. I checked their site & couldn't find anything there regarding OC or CC. My...
  9. J

Global stats on gun ownership & homicides...

This popped up on one of the lists I'm on. I haven't had time to deep dive, but a cursory look tends to poke some holes in the anti crowd "facts". We have to be careful though as numbers can be twisted. Excerpt from the email list: "Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics: In light of the recent...
  10. J

Az cwp

Guys, I know, we are open carry & yes, I carry that way most of the time but, there is still a need for CC sometimes. I also travel a bit and needed something that would work in Nevada. Both my CO & UT don't work there. I considered a non-resident permit for NV, but they required me to...
  11. J

Castle Rock M&G - October 27th...

After much discussion & schedule conflicts, the central M&G is finally here. It is Saturday, October 27th at 1pm in Castle Rock. The venue is the Pegasus on Square Restaurant at 313 Jerry Street, CR, 80104. http://pegasusrestaurantcastlerock.com/ Go to the link for directions. The...
  12. J

Castle Rock Meet & Greet - August 4th (FINALLY)

Guys, It isn't looking like two events in one day are going to fly. I'm pulling the plug on the Pegasus location until a future date. Also, I was made aware that Tanner was on the 4th too for anyone that wanted to go in the morning. So, my suggestion is this thread should close & CCH...
  13. J

I dropped the ball...

Guys, At our last Meet & Greet, I volunteered to arrange the next M&G in Castle Rock with my friend / associate from back East. Unfortunately, this never came about as I had to send my friend home early due to a death in his family and then pick up the slack in our project. As a result, this...
  14. J

H.R. 822 vs H.R. 2900 - a follow-up to our discussion at the meet & greet

As we were discussing yesterday at the meet & greet lunch, H.R. 822 is not all the NRA is out to make it. There are multiple risks once this establishes the precedent. If you look below in one of the articles from the Stephen P. Wenger mailing, there is a reference to a past attempt to...
  15. J

OT - Douglas County - "Upcoming Roadside Sobriety Checkpoint"

The other checkpoint thread was getting a little long & I wanted to be sure this didn't get lost. Not sure where it will be but wanted to give a heads up. What really bothers me is what is MADD & the nat'l guard doing in this? I rec'd this today... --------------------- Upcoming Roadside...
  16. J

Article on New Gun Purchases by State - Where is your State?

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet, but it shows some interesting trends if the numbers are correct. From some of the comments like from TX the numbers may be too low. KY numbers are more than 1 new gun for every person including kids... http://tinyurl.com/2asbbdv...
  17. J

Anti-Gun Banks

imported post I'm getting involved with a firearms accessory startup company. I have heard some banks have exhibited anti-gun tendencies (OC/CC or otherwise).I will be in a position to help direct business away from them. Does anyone have a list of major nat'l banks that are anti-gun...
  18. J

Anti-gun Banks

imported post I'm getting involved with a firearms accessory startup company. I have heard some banks have exhibited anti-gun tendencies (OC/CC or otherwise).I will be in a position to help direct business away from them. Does anyone have a list of major nat'l banks that are anti-gun...
  19. J

Question - Colorado Convention Center

imported post I have to attend a conference at the Convention Center in Denver next week. I know I can't OC, but are there any known restrictions on CC? I have not been able to find anything on thier site. Thanks in advance for any help.