• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. bennie1986

Eviction Notice for Open Carrying in Spokane

Tonight I got an eviction notice for "threatening tenants by showing gun". This is not the first time I have had issue at this complex as some may remember my post about being pulled out of my apartment for open carrying. I tried to fight that but I could not find an attorney the would take the...
  2. bennie1986

Interesting trip to fairchild afb

Took my first trip out to the Air Force base today because ryans friend had her bday party at their recreational area. I had my pistol on me and they were awesome about letting me check it into their armory while we were there because they are not allowed on base! While we were there something...
  3. bennie1986

Oced my new cc gun

Got my first glock, g23, with the intention of it being my main cc gun when cc is necessary. Took a notion to oc it today though for the first time!
  4. bennie1986

Pulled out of my apartment at gun point by swat members

I had my gun on oc getting ready to leave for shopping. i went to check the mail and came back inside for about ten min and got a knock at the door. i opened the door and as i did spd identified themselves and i had a gun in my face. they cuffed me ran my id and gun and after about 20 they let...
  5. bennie1986

Does anyone else OC while cycling?

I started bicycle commuting this winter and if I'm not headed to work I OC. Anyone else carry while cycling?
  6. bennie1986

Wife and I's new carry guns!!! Kimber CDP ii's

Wifes Pro CDP II is on bottom and my Custom CDP II on top!!! Great price on both thanks White Elephant!
  7. bennie1986

Revision to Spokane City and Park code in the works

I finally got word back from the Police Ombudsman regarding the issue I had a Manito Park in Spokane this summer. As a result of the complaint I filed with the Spokane Police Ombudsman, and I'm sure the local media attn. our picnic got, I have learned that the City of Spokane is in the process...
  8. bennie1986

Today we lost a friend (John Clark)

I am sad to say that today the attorney who agreed to help me with my open carry ticket in Manito Park, John Clark, has passed away. John was suffering from cancer and unfortunately lost his battle. When John learned of my issue he agreed to help me with whatever I could come up with. His...
  9. bennie1986

New addition to the family! (kind of ot but not really because this is why I carry)

This is My 3 year old son (Ryan) with his new baby sister (Kimber) and me. She was born last night @ 11:35pm she is 9lbs 3ounces and 22 inches long. (Sorry, its ot but its to exciting not to share!)
  10. bennie1986

Buddy kicked out of library for OC

A buddy of mine was recently asked to leave the Spokane City library for OCing citing their rules of conduct which states, “For the comfort and safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff, and the protection of Library property, the following actions are examples of conduct not allowed on Library...
  11. bennie1986

How do your store your OC piece in the car?

I started carrying with one in the chamber and when I get to work I have to leave the gun in the car. When I remove my gun from the holster I remove the chambered round to store it but wonder if that’s a good idea or not. How do other people handle storing a gun in the car for long periods?
  12. bennie1986

Lady freaked out at Manito Park Today

My family and I went to Manito Park today and were there for about 45min before a lady came up and said, “Sir your gun is making me feel uncomfortable, my kids are scared”. I said, “I’m sorry to hear that” and just stood there. She looked at me for a minute and said, “We are leaving because of...
  13. bennie1986

Called out on south hill spokane

I was on a walk with my son Saturday on the south hill in Spokane and a car pulled up behind me and the lady driving said, "yeah for open carry" then asked if i would be at the picnic this week. This was the best comment I have ever had while OC. To who ever this was thank you!!! It made my...
  14. bennie1986

Handcuffed at Manito Park 7/24/10

Today we had my wife’s baby shower at Manito park in Spokane I chose to OC. While everyone was setting up I was watching my son play at the playground. After about half an hour I saw a cop creep by so I knew I was going to be contacted. I called my mother over to watch my son because I didn’t...
  15. bennie1986

Carry question on state land as it relates to RCW 72.23.300

I found a sign just outside the exit of the Medical Lake water front that pertains to the land northwest of the lake. The sign references RCW 72.23.300. That RCW states "Any person not authorized by law so to do, who brings into any state institution for the care and treatment of mental illness...
  16. bennie1986

OC in two new towns in one day!

Today my wife, son, and I wanted to spend some time outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather. We decided that the best way to do that and beat the heat was a day at the lake. We don't have a favorite lake so we just packed the car and left for the closest one which for us was Fish Lake near...
  17. bennie1986

Need a new oc Pistol

imported post Sorry double post disregard.
  18. bennie1986

Need a new OC Gun

imported post I am looking at getting a new gun and was hoping for suggestions. I want something from an American owned company, full size, 9mm or .45acp, and around $500. I already have a 9mm S&W Sigma, S&W MP40, and S&W 1911.
  19. bennie1986

OC in the park and contacted by SPD

imported post I went to the same park with my wife and son today that I was at when I got the ticket for carrying.When wegot there the cop wasalready at the park but she didn't notice me at all. I was carrying myM&P40 in a tac leg holster. After we were there probably 15min someone approached...
  20. bennie1986

OC more than a pistol!

imported post I just got a Mossberg 500A for personal protection. I have already started to OC it a little. I also got a tac sling from Troy ind. For my Ar-15 and plan on a little oc with that was well. Anyone else OC more that a pistol?