• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

VW Dealer that is not posted?

Anyone know of a VW dealer that is not posted in the madison/milwaukee area? Zimbrick in Madison is posted but the sign is very hard to see from outside. Boucher in Janesville is posted according to friendorfoe.us so I would assume the other Boucher locations are as well. EVS? Hall?
  2. B

Reciprocity for out of staters?

I noticed on the list of states with permits recognized by Wisconsin, Missouri is not listed. Anyone know why? I have friends there who said they did have to pass a background check and take an 8-hour course. This should be sufficient for Wisconsin to recognize their permits...
  3. B

Looking for a place to shoot.

I will be visiting family in Grafton and Belgium this weekend. Are there any open public ranges in the area I could go to perforate some paper with handguns and rifles? It's been a while since I lived there and the places I used to go are now all posted as no discharge of firearms. I googled...
  4. B

MC Sports (Madison) posted

I went to MC Sports on Verona Road in Madison today to check out their handgun selection. They usually don't have a lot but the prices are good and they told me they could order anything. Anyway, I noticed next to the front door where I had not seen it in the past, the sign starting with "For...
  5. B

Lock Box legal for transport?

I have been thinking, would a lock box attached to the vehicle be legal for transport under our current regulations? There is a product called Secure Console or something like that (custom made for my vehicle by Console Vault http://www.consolevault.us/index.php) which turns a center console...
  6. B

Thanks for the hospitality

Hey, Colorado, I'm from Wisconsin but just took a vacation out your way. I carried through the Garden of the Gods park, and up to Pike's Peak. Then on to Silverton for a few days of Jeeping. My sidearm didn't leave my hip almost the entire week I was in your beautiful state, only took it off...
  7. B

Watch out for who may be at the door

imported post I just read this in the Cap Times online. There's a story like this nearly daily at the CT/WSJ about some kind of attempted home invasion or otherwise violent crime in the Madison area. But we don't need to protect ourselves...
  8. B

Lake Delton (Wis Dells) outlet mall

imported post For mothers day, my wife wanted to go to the Coach outlet in Lake Delton. I OC'd through the mall and even had a very pleasant clerk help me try on jackets in one the stores. The Coach store was packed and no one seemed to care about the firearm on my hip. I think itcertainly...
  9. B

M&I Bank - "No Guns"

imported post Someone else here mentioned this recently, but I couldn't find the post... I went to my bank tonight (M&I branch on Mineral Point and High Point, Madison)and noticed the signage stating "We have a no sunglasses, no hats, no guns policy, please remove these items before entering"...
  10. B

I was asked to disarm today

imported post I went shopping today at the Gander Mountain in DeForest. This is where I purchased my most recent sidearm just three months ago; and it was that salesman who made me aware of the whole open carry thing in the first place. (I had heard rumors previously, but that's when I started...
  11. B

Statitics?

imported post I got into a debate today at work with a couple of hardcore anti's. They were claiming that it is 30x more likely that your kids or someone you know will be hurt accidently with your own gun than using it for defense. I told them that number was contrived by groups who are...
  12. B

Carried last night.

imported post I carried around the yard and house last night, including a visit to the neighbors. Nothing unusual to report other than it will take some getting used to. Being in Madison, I am not quite willing to go out on the town yet. I got the "you look like a dork" from the wife (she's...
  13. B

Holster for Kimber Tactical Ultra II?

imported post I am looking for a decent holster for my Kimber Tactical Ultra II - 1911 with 3" barrel. OC is what I am looking for since I am in Wisconsin (thanks a lot Mr Doyle). I am currently looking at the Fobus paddle holster, regular and roto style;but I'mopen to suggestions. I want...