• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. A

Incident in Fayetteville/Fort Bragg

I'm reposting this here since it happened in Fayetteville. Also, OCed at Quiznos for lunch, the people behind the counter were indifferent, but I was being stared at by a couple near the register. I looked at the guy and the gave the quick head tilt back to say "sup" and he quickly looked away.
  2. A

The liberal Bostonian wife learned why I carry

My wife and I come from two different worlds, I grew up in the south around firearms, she grew up in Boston and never saw a gun until she met me. My firearms have been a sticking point since we've been married, and every time I purchase a new one I have to hear "Yey, another useless gun." That...
  3. A

Where is the line drawn?

imported post I assume most here are for unregulated possession of weapons, and while arguing this point with some colleagues it was naturally asked "What about nukes?" To which my response was of course not and when asked why not my response was simple, "because they're indiscriminate in what...
  4. A

Interesting piece from the Chicago Tribune

imported post http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-02-14/news/ct-oped-0214-chapman-20100212_1_gun-control-common-sense-gun-safety-laws-gun-rights Thought this was a good read and clicked with what I already thought. Obama won't touch the gun issue because he knows it'sa loser, and other...
  5. A

A CC question for those of us in non-OC states

imported post My home state is Florida, and as we all know it's a CC state with few OC exceptions, but I got to wondering something reading a thread in the accessories forum. Is it considered brandishing/printing if you're wearing your spare mags in plain view? Reading the regs there's nothing...