• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Damiansar-15

Ruling on Initiative 1639

Any word on this? I am trying to understand if there is an organized effort against this initiative. I have seen folks getting signatures in my neighborhood and misrepresenting the specifics. https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180608/washington-court-orders-amendments-to-misleading-ballot-title
  2. Damiansar-15

Cease Fire Activity on Mercer Island

Has anyone seen recent petition activity from CeaseFire? I saw a small group at the entrance areas of Mercer Island's Farmer's Market on Sunday afternoon. I spoke to two of the folks carrying signs with petition information. Apparently, the folks were not even from Washington State from what I...
  3. Damiansar-15

King County Library OC- Issue?

I have a Libertarian meeting that I will be attending this Sunday at Mercer Island's Library. Anyone ever have issues with OC at the library in King County and/or on Mercer Island? This library location appears to be more than 1,000 feet away from any nearby K-12 school, so I don't see why OC...
  4. Damiansar-15

FFL to FFL???

I am curious on why an FFL would only accept transfers from other FFLs when Federal and State law does not apply? I know some States have regulations around this, but I am an individual selling a lower to someone in Penn. and his nearby FFL will only accept a transfer from another FFL. He told...
  5. Damiansar-15

Guns Across America...Kansas????

Anyone planning on going to the capital on Jan. 19th like the rest of the country. The event in Washington State is huge, but I have not seen anything positioned in Kansas yet...
  6. Damiansar-15

OC Wichita

I have been OCing for the past several days on the West side of Wichita without any issues or anyone really noticing. I have been to Starbucks, Dillons, QT, Jason's Deli, etc...without even question or anything. Seems like a no issue in Wichita, thus far... Damian
  7. Damiansar-15

Kansas Open Pamphlet

See attached another pamphlet that I put together for OC this summer in Wichita. I will bring this along with a few Oath Keepers pamphlets and Startbucks' corporate memo on legal open carry in their stores. I suspect that WPD will be aggressive with store managers, so I want to make sure I am...
  8. Damiansar-15

Open Carry Encounter

While this did not happen in Kansas, I thought it was a good recent example of how to state one's rights when confronted with illegal detainment, search, etc... This is yet another example of why LEOs should not stop and disarm citizens for legal open carry, e.g. LEO pointed loaded weapon at...
  9. Damiansar-15

LEO encounter

I thought this was funny...Kudos to this open carry citizen... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n1BHJs5V5c
  10. Damiansar-15

$25K Open Carry Settlement Example

I thought this was a good article on open carry and it mentions a settlement that a Philly open carrier received for an improper arrest. With the current aggressive tactics by WPD and Wichita's lack of respect for people's civil rights, I hope folks leverage their legal options to help fight...
  11. Damiansar-15

Mercer Island

Anyone OC on Mercer Island? I often visit my in-laws there and want to get a sense of how local PD is with OC... Thank you for any wisdom or experience on this topic... D.
  12. Damiansar-15

Freedom Jamboree

Would this event be a good place to promote open carry? I contacted the organizers of the event and I will let you know what I hear back about opencarry members organizing at this event... http://www.freedomjamboree.com/
  13. Damiansar-15

PVS-14 Night Vision

Anyone know of a good dealer or company that sells new or refurbished PVS-14 Gen 3 night vision?
  14. Damiansar-15

OC BBQ in Wichita?

Guys, What do you think about having an open carry BBQ in Wichita this April? I was thinking about hosting a larger open carry event in a public park. I tested the waters in Wichita with an unloaded open carry protest in downtown Wichita last year. I am hoping to plan a larger event this...
  15. Damiansar-15

OC Case Law References relating to Reasonable Articulate Suspicion

I posted this on the legal section, but I thought posting to KS forum would also help: Does anyone have any Open Carry case references or case law relating to OC and Reasonable Articulate Suspicion? I am specifically interested in Kansas examples, but any Federal cases would also be...
  16. Damiansar-15

OC Case Law References relating to Reasonable Articulate Suspicion

Does anyone have any Open Carry case references or case law relating to OC and Reasonable Articulate Suspicion? I am specifically interested in Kansas examples, but any Federal cases would also be interesting. Issue: I have and will open carrying in Wichita, Kansas and I have a debate with...
  17. Damiansar-15

Protest Wichita’s Ban on Loaded Open Carry

All, I have attached a draft brochure that will be handed out at the Wichita Open Carry event. I welcome any feedback, suggestions, etc... What: Legally unloaded Open Carry Event Where: 300 N. Mead. Warren Theater Square in Old Town, Wichita, Kansas When: August 15, 2010 from noon – 1:00pm...
  18. Damiansar-15

Bushmaster 9mm Carbine: Houston, TX Downtown Area

Let me know if you live in Houston and are interested in a 9mm Bushmaster AR-15 in "like new" condition. This carbine retails for $1080 and I have added many extras on this carbine, e.g. YHM Quad Rail, Ergo Grip, 6 magazines, ATN micro red dot, etc...
  19. Damiansar-15

Wichita OC trash pick-up

imported post I was going to organize an unloaded OC trash pick-upin Wichita this summer to create OC awareness. Does anyone know if it is required to have and show ID? I assume that I will be stopped and pistol checked to determine that it is unloaded, but wanted to know if I would then be...
  20. Damiansar-15

Open Carry Article in Wichita Eagle

imported post All, See below a contrasting viewpoint piece on open carry that was in the Wichita Eagle. I suggest sending an e-mail to the writer to express thanks by adding awareness of Open Carry rights. While I believe the "con" in the article is not based on fact, I appreciate how the...