• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. N

The biggest of the big

For those who truly believe size matters, http://www.magnumresearch.com/FAQ_BFRRevolver.asp
  2. N

MSNBC news crew chief surprised that real people open carry

Last night on MSNBC's " Lockup, Maricopa County, Ain't no hotel"....... The film crew apparently shot some random footage of them getting lunch at a sandwich shop just down the road from Sheriff Joe's place. One of the crew was disturbed to see the young lady behind the counter OC'ing a Glock...
  3. N

Santa and Bass Pro Shop

Went to the BPS yesterday to get the kid's pic taken with Santa. As we were going in a man walked quickly around me up to the greeter. I stopped like normal in the foyer as usual to look at the old shotguns in the case when I heard the man who passed me, " But he has a gun and he's obviously...
  4. N

Remington R11

I've always wanted a 1911, I just never really saw one that I really liked. The R11 seems like a good choice to me, however my 1911 experience is limited. Anyone have any experience with the R11? I own several Remington long guns,( which I love) so I may be a little biased. Thanks for any and...
  5. N

Amite Wally World

Anyone been asked to leave Amite Wal-Mart for oc? I've never had a problem in there personally, and when I spoke to corporate they said that they sent out a memo to all managers instructing them to follow their local laws. I was also assured by corporate, that where legal, store employees could...
  6. N

I can't stop laughing

http://redirectingat.com/?id=673X542464&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmoking357.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F07%2Fopencarrycom-bans-mark-marchiafava.html&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.laopencarry.org%2Fsmoking357-t549.html You have got to be kidding.
  7. N

Remington 1911 R1

I've always wanted a 1911, and I must admit an affinity for Remington shotguns and rifles. I'm thinking about maybe getting one. So let's hear it, anyone got one? Good reviews, bad, don't hold back.
  8. N

State trooper on I- 55

Just had a state trooper on I-55 lecture me about oc. First he tried to tell me that you have to have a permit to oc and the ever popular " Why do you need a gun in public, there is security?" Question. I was actually discussing my TPSO encounter with an Independance LEO who was well aware of...
  9. N

TPSO encounter

Today at the Hammond Wally world. Went in to sporting goods with my daughter to get some ammo. Got some 12 ga. shells and had a brief conversation with a female employee about oc. I then noticed they had .38's in stock. I asked her to reopen the case so I could buy some. Another employee told me...
  10. N

Long Day

Went to the Tanger where you know who got arrested. ( Wife hunting perfume) Walked around awhile with no comments or problems. Headed across the street to Cabela's and noticed there is now a large sign in front of Cabela's and on the doors that states..... ALL FIREARMS AND BOWS BROUGHT IN FOR...
  11. N

AK vs. AR

I vote AR. More modular, definetely more accurate. I personally know people who've been hit with ak's and lived. AR hit is a death sentence. Superior ballistics, better weight distribution and more ammo for the weight. The AK is more forgiving when it comes to cleaning, I'll concede that point...
  12. N

Constitutional Carry

In light of recent SCOTUS decisions regarding the Second Ammendment, should we begin to pursue constitutional carry laws such as the ones enacted in Arizona? Would this not be in line not only with the recent rulings, but more importantly in line with the language of the constitution,and the...
  13. N

First Guaranty Bank

Got off work early today to go get a new atm card at the first guaranty branch in hammond across from Winn Dixie, had a brief convesation with the mgr and I asked her their policy on oc. I was not carrying at the time since I was quite dirty. Anyway her statement was I would have to talk to the...
  14. N

Rights

imported post Simple question. If the govt doesn't "give" us our rights where do they come from then? The constitution does not give the govt it's power, it restricts it. As well the bill of rights does not endow us with our right to keep and bear arms, it restricts the government's ability to...
  15. N

Happy Father's Day

imported post Happy Father's day to all the OCers out there. Remember why we do this, for the freedom our fathers passed to us, and the freedom we pass to our children. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!:celebrate
  16. N

Mall of Louisiana

Anyone have any experiences in the Mall of Louisiana? I don't go to Baton Rouge often, but my little girl wants to go ride the carousel and go to build a bear.Just wondering what to expect. Thank you for any and all input. :lol: There are two types of cowards, those who remain silent, and...
  17. N

Browning Buckmark Pistol

imported post Got a brand New Buckmark in 22lr with a problem. Where the ejector contacts the reciever has material missing after only 100 rds. I brought it back where I bought it and they sent it to browning. Browning sent it back un toutched. I even sent them a pic of the exact spot. I bought...
  18. N

Hammond Wal Mart

imported post I finally oc'd in the Hammond Wal-Mart. My daughter and I went in today about 10 till six (pm)and picked up some odds and ends. I must admit I was a little apprehensive ( I don't like crowds anyway). Anyway we went in the East entrance got a basket, and headed over to the...
  19. N

Census workers

imported post Got a visit from the census yesterday. It was 4 rejects fro acorn ( kids) they wouldn't produce credentials so i asked them to leave. Anyone else have any problems?
  20. N

GOVT

imported post I sent an e-mail to the governor's office a few weeks back asking for an official statement on the legality of open carry. I feel i explained my position respectfully and clearly however I have not recieved an official response. I only find this odd sinceI have sent other messages...