• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

OC at local fire dept.

I may be going to a meeting/get together at a local fire dept (not sure if its volunteer or not) at a small town in western NC in the next couple weeks. I asked the guy putting on the meeting and he didnt know about firearms on the premises. Just wanted to check with the board if there is any...
  2. B

James Yeager on OC vs CC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLxkMrBsFA&feature=BFp&list=WLC6DC329EA65A0AC7
  3. B

Definitions of places that 'charge admission...'

Im curious if anyone has any opinions on what exactly constitutes a place that charges admission. example: skating rink i will be frequenting a skating rink as a spectator quite a lot in the near future. there isnt any 'no guns' signs. there is no charge to get into the building, however if...
  4. B

OC of rifles in MD

im a former maryland resident. i've expatt'ed to a freer state. i've heard recently from a couple of different persons that OC of rifles is legal in maryland and always has been. this flips everything i've ever known about md firearms law on its head. im curious to see any documentation on...
  5. B

carrying in a bring your own beer restaurant??

i live in a dry county. they sell alcohol within the city limits of small town and all places that serve alcohol are within those city limits as well. i've opened carried into a particular restaurant many times. last time was in fact there were 2 uniformed LEO''s eating dinner a few tables away...
  6. B

OC at local fire dept building/property

any known legal prohibitions against OC at local fire dept's? would like to visit a local political meeting that will take place at a fire dept in a small town in WNC. i attempted to ask the meeting planners but they never responded.
  7. B

OC at protests/marches, etc

can anyone point to specifics about OC at protests, marches, etc... from what i am reading it seems OC would be legal at any 'picket line' or 'demonstration' as long as its not 'upon' any private healthcare facility or upon any public property. mainly what im looking for information on is if...
  8. B

OC at a street festival, no alcohol

i've read and re-read all known prohibitions on carry and was wondering if im missing something. i plan on going to the downtown waynesville festival this weekend. there is no admission charge and no alcohol. and no town ordinances against firearms except where posted. im just wanting to avoid...
  9. B

Open Carry of Long Arms

I have a few questions about open carry of long arms. Is this considered 'legal' in NC? I recently heard of a fairly recent open carry 'rally' @ guilford courthouse. It seems to me that NC has restrictions on guns being at 'demonstrations, picket lines, or parades.' they seemed to cite being on...