• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Cavalryman

Alaska's 'stand your ground' law to go into effect in September

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/alaska-s-stand-your-ground-law-to-go-into-effect/article_b38db37e-f75b-11e2-8575-001a4bcf6878.html Despite the doom-crying by the NAACP, I predict the effect of this law will be...exactly zero...with one exception. A person who uses deadly force in...
  2. Cavalryman

Under-rated or overlooked rounds for self defense

We're all familiar with the “usual” rounds for self-defense – 9x19mm, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, etc., but there are some other not-so-usual rounds out there which can be pretty reasonable choices for self-defense. I have listed a few (in no particular order) and I'd be interested in ideas others may...