• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Maverick9110e

Started a new site for New Shooters!

Hey all, first let me say that if this is not allowed or in the wrong section i apologize and i'll be happy to remove it. That being said i was hoping to let you all know about a new site i just started that we launched yesterday. www.NewShootersResource.com I'm basically creating a site for...
  2. Maverick9110e

Eastern NC State of Emergency, Governor Perdue breaking the law again...

Here is the link to the EO: http://www.governor.state.nc.us/NewsItems/UploadedFiles/2ae08ab7-c928-4cb0-84a5-363ad906d7b0.PDF Can't we just contact the Attorney Generals office and have them bring charges against the Governor?
  3. Maverick9110e

westboro baptist church in clayton saturday 6/25 to protest funeral

The people from Westboro Baptist Church will be in Johnston County tomorrow to protest the funeral of Sergeant Mark Bradley. If you would like to join in the human chain to show your support for a fallen hero, meet at Polenta Elementary at 915 am. Service will be next door at C3 Church.
  4. Maverick9110e

HB 650 Amendment. Parking lot Clause REMOVED from bill

Thanks to rep McGrady in Hendersonville. So i got pretty fired up about finding this out, and fired off an email. Yea yea, it's just a rant email. The best part is his response: His response: My response:
  5. Maverick9110e

New Custom Holster for my M&P

Fresh from the mailman....Courtesy of Rock River Leather Co! Worked with RDB (the owner) and got a really sweet new holster made up for my full size Smith and Wesson M&P 45. Made from Horsehide leather, It looks absolutely awesome and the quality is top notch! I love having the snap belt loops...
  6. Maverick9110e

Crazy idea? Meet with NC Legislators opposed to 2a rights?

Ok so i've just about had all i can take with those people opposing the 2A bills currently circulating the NCGA and quite frankly... I'm sick of sending emails and useless phone calls. I feel like its the equivalent of shooting an AR at a M1 Tank. What if we could organize a group of say 10-20...
  7. Maverick9110e

Next Big OC Event in NC?

Just curious if there was anything out there currently in the works, something like guiliford courthouse event several months ago? Was just thinking it might not be a bad place for an OC BBQ. lol.
  8. Maverick9110e

Sig P250 sub compact review

Just did a little review of a new gun we picked up for the GF, thought i would share. It's a really great little gun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHlecRDC6lw
  9. Maverick9110e

Another Great NC Friendly site

Since the last one thread got shut down and now we can't discuss it, i just wanted to also give my reccomendation of the NCGunowners.com forum. A LOT of GREAT people over there. Extremely friendly and just an overall great atmosphere. I highly recommended it! If your anything like me your...
  10. Maverick9110e

Armed family jumps to aid of lady, beats up criminals

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011/05/23/1096166?sac=Crime Glad the robbers got what they deserved but with our lovely legal system, they'll more then likely get sued.
  11. Maverick9110e

Interesting OC article from the LEO point of view

Browsing the ITS Tactical website and noticed this link, pretty good reading actually: http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety/articles/3502436-8-tips-on-contacts-with-open-carry-citizens/
  12. Maverick9110e

Outdoor Ranges near Raleigh/Franklinton/Wakeforest/Youngsville area?

Hey guys, i tried getting a membership up at SSI in franklinton county but no luck, all the slots were filled so now i'm trying to find another outdoor range to become a member at where you can sort of "do your own thing" by which i mean you have your own bay and can set up targets and drills...
  13. Maverick9110e

Need help, Place of employment posting signs...

Hey guys, i could use some help. I work up in Youngsville for a fastener distributor. We only have about 8-10 people working here. My boss who knows i'm an avid shooter and an advocate for gun rights apparently has ordered a gun buster sign as well as a sign to post at the front of the...
  14. Maverick9110e

Triangle Town Center Mall Posted

While having been to this mall several dozen times in the past and looking for any signage i did not see any. Also if you enter through certain entrances it is not posted. So today walking through the store with the SO, we wandered into American Eagle and as i am in there a security guard...
  15. Maverick9110e

Police shoot bank robber in hostage standoff Wachovia Bank (Cary)

Link to the article: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7951462 Anyone know if it was posted with gun buster signs? I'm still on my crusade to get a response from Wachovia about them allowing OC.
  16. Maverick9110e

Trying to find a Gun for the Gf

Alrighty guys, so the GF wants to really get into shooting as well as carrying on her own. And in full support of it and to get her into it i offered to pick her up her first pistol, or at least pay for a good chunk of it. Her biggest issues are size and MUZZLE FLIP not recoil. She like...
  17. Maverick9110e

Every Question ever asked on every gun forum

This cracked me up, its everything everyone always asks on every gun forum. CAUTION there are a few cuss words so i'd say its definitley PG-13. If it's not ok to post just lemme know and i'll take it down. Otherwise..... ENJOY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
  18. Maverick9110e

Found a great Ammo Company with Awesome Prices

Hey guys, Been meaning to post this for a few weeks now. Finally got some free time to do it. While at the gun show here in Raleigh i needed to pick up some ammo, .38 special and .45 acp. Well long story short i stumbled upon this company Sillman Cartridge Company. Turns out their actually...
  19. Maverick9110e

Raleigh Gun Show

Anybody else headed over to the dixie gun show in raleigh?
  20. Maverick9110e

Open Carry Meetup Getting Media Attention 11/6

Hey guys, just posting this from over on the meetup group. Seems that the media has sparked interest in our meetup today last minute. The meetup group is recommended to not attended due to the heightened awareness by the media and Cary PD. I for one am debating on going, i mean what better...