• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. clarkebar

Law governing Carry into Public events

So, I don't feel I understand this completely. If an event is put on in a place where a Private Entity must aqcuire a permit, or pay to use public grounds, must they provide storage for firearms if they want to disarm attendees? I've attended a number of gun shows where loaded weapons were...
  2. clarkebar

Arizona Laws

Okay, I'll start by saying I'm from somewhere else. I live here now and I'm not real happy with some of the language I'm seeing in the Arizona Statutes. I'm going to post some of the things I've read that are copied directly from: http://www.azleg.gov/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp What I want...
  3. clarkebar

Is this really okay with you?

Okay, I think it's important to make some FACTS clear before I get started citing law and constitution... First of all, the rights which were detailed in several amendments to the United States Constitution were written to guarantee the representatives which make up the government entity would...
  4. clarkebar

Elizabeth City Idahoan

Hey North Carolina folks. I'm from Boise, Idaho here for a new job. I've got a three day weekend during which one of my coworkers is taking the rental we share home. I've got some weapons with me, brought in anticipation of some range time in Arizona (long story.) I'm stuck at the Hampton...
  5. clarkebar

Going to see a movie? Don't go to Edwards...

Yesterday I went to see Captain America at the Edwards 22 on Overland in Boise. Little did I know that they would sell me tickets, allow me to purchase concessions, and seat myself and my date in the theater before telling me that they have a policy against weapons. After I was notified that I...
  6. clarkebar

Guns and... Alcohol?

It appears that as our movement gains momentum and support there are more serious inquiries into what behavior is acceptable while bearing arms. I'd like to start a little debate as to whether drinking and guns mix or not. I'll start by voicing my own opinion and experiences. Personally, I...
  7. clarkebar

Ignorance of the law

Okay, I'm just going to vent. For those of you who know me, this [I]might[I] interest you... A couple of days ago I was headed out into the desert on Pleasant Valley road. My older brother, a prison guard at the private detention facility on Pleasant Valley, was driving. We were going...
  8. clarkebar

Democrats... on Idaho Campus Carry

Okay, I don't know how but I came across this today. If you've got some time to kill feel free to check this out. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=118&topic_id=392628&mesg_id=392913 Some of the FUNNIEST stuff I've EVER read!!!!
  9. clarkebar

It's working...

So, for the past three days I've open carried, in a tactical thigh holster, everywhere I have traveled while riding a motorcycle. I have been passed by three police officers on my right side, which is where I wear my firearm, and I have been to numerous places with moderate to large groups of...
  10. clarkebar

Police disarming citizens for "Officer Safety"

I really gotta know, does this section of the Idaho Constitution mean that police are not allowed to take your firearm unless they are arresting you for committing a felony? Article 1, SECTION 11. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. The people have the right to keep and bear arms, which right shall...
  11. clarkebar

Open carry rejected by private institutions

I noticed there are several threads on here in which someone mentions store employees/managers stating that they have some sort of policy that says they do not allow firearms to be carried into their place of business. I have yet to hear about any laws on this though... I know it is perfectly...
  12. clarkebar

Tsa

I know this isn't a firearms thing but I thought I'd bring some attention to this issue because it falls under the subject of constitutional rights. So, what do you think of the new TSA regulations? If you agree with them, why? Also, if you don't agree with them are you willing to take...
  13. clarkebar

Krispy Kreme Cop support

The Krispy Kreme on Eagle and Fairview road in eagle will be hosting a "support your local police" night on October 15th. Some of my friends and I from the Boiseriders.net forum have decided to stop by because this is the location of our weekly bike night. I think this would be a great...