• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J

Dunn trial

Cant believe there's zero discussion of this circus of a case in here, at all. It's an important one, on many, many levels for those who carry- from the incident itself, to how the shooter handled (or didnt handle) the aftermath, to the level of sheer incompetence of the Sheriff's Office's...
  2. J

Clarksdale- any advice from locals? Visiting soon.

I will soon be visiting Clarksdale for a few days, to visit an old friend who has taken ill. Curious what the crime situation is like up there these days, and what the attitude, etc. of local LEOs is like.
  3. J

Rich made some da%ed good points on PBS article

Rich, I raise my drink to you. You made some damnned-fine points/counter-points, to most of those sheeple on the comments on this bit.Nice job-and well said. A shame there's so many morons with such fouled-up "logic" out there, but, what can one do...
  4. J

Florida Sheriff's Association "supports" 2A ? Orly?

If I am not mistaken, werent these Arsehats among the lobbyists AGAINST our efforts to get O.C. here? (along with the PSA, and the Biz Cartels) this quoute, from my local Sheriff just cracks me up, given his comments back when the bill was before the Senate... " The Florida Sheriff's...
  5. J

Nothing to worry about, eh? H.R. 226, and H.R.117 FE -full text and links

Take a close look at the arms listed in H.R. 226,- not just ARs/AKs, but even Kel-Tec Subs, and Ruger Mini's ? Links to the Library of Congress URLS for each bill is below the text of them. Text: H.R.226 [113th] There is one version of the bill. Bill text available as: TXT PDF...
  6. J

Man brings rifle into Academy to buy ammo,sheeple panic, gets shot by police...

Pretty sure not hearing both sides of this one...but.. 4-5 homicides in town within a 10-mile radius, here in the last 24 hours.. things are just getting nuts.. JSO Chief Tom Hackney said the man and a woman, who weren't immediately identified, had entered the store about 9:20 a.m., and the man...
  7. J

Naked Knife-Lady Rampage!

Unreal. This kind of odd-ball, random, out-of-the-blue stuff is just one more reason to carry -be it OC or CC-at all times. You can bit sitting at the car-wash, scrubbing your wheels, or walking down the side-walk,and suddenly be confronted by: With a yell of “God is here, I’m going to...
  8. J

Attempted Media Back-Lash for local Robbery suspect shooting by CWP citizen..

A sort of follow-up to the Dollar-General store shooting, by a licensed CWP citizen of one of 2 armed (with airsoft pistols..:banghead: ) robbers, that I'd posted earlier. Local response to this shooting, even by LEO's has been over-whelmingly postive, supportive of 2A advocates, etc. However...
  9. J

“The only way you going to stop this is you going to have to leave one laying in the

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/does-this-look-like-the-face-of-the-baddest-mofo-on-the-planet/ WCPO – A suspected robber is dead after breaking in to a Boone County home early Monday morning. Three men broke into 92-year-old Earl Jones’ home in the 15000 block of Violet Road...
  10. J

Robber shot-updated .45auto vs....airsoft?

..airsoft guns.. what kind of mental-midget tries to hold a place up with airsoft pistols? Family of the second robber threw him under the bus. Gj ! Jacksonville police: Customer shot robber 3 times; 2nd suspect arrested 1 suspect killed at scene; 2nd turned in by family member Published On...
  11. J

Bizarre Home Invasion Defense..

Some interesting lessons to take from this one.. 1) You NEVER know WTF is going to come crashing through your door in the middle of the night... 2) If stuck using birdshot- shoot twice! Joanne Farley, 68, has always been a light sleeper. So when a man burst through her French doors last...
  12. J

1 Robber + 2 rounds= 1 D.O.A.

;) NYPD take note: THIS is how it gets DONE, without taking out half a city block... :rolleyes: Congrats, and hooah, to this citizen. Imagine if he'd been OC instead of CC- might this have been avoided...
  13. J

Disturbing- Home Invaders- yell "Police!" on entry..

Been hearing more of these cases, of late- I'm sure, for most folks, it happens suddenly enough that upon hearing it, they probably pause a bit too long to be able to defend themselves, if equipped or inclined to do so...
  14. J

A PERFECT example of why to carry tonight.

I go to my local gas station/corner store tonight to pick up some water, bread etc. (too lazy to drive all the way into town). I parked just outside the front door- 1st spot. When Im leaving, a family of 6 (I assumed they are family, anyway) walk in. Before I even get to the car, there's some...
  15. J

Get ready for another round of "LETS BAN ALL THE GUNS!!!!"

after yet another "mass" shooting.. http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/05/us/wisconsin-temple-shooting/index.html
  16. J

DA/SA transition too difficult? says who?

Got some practice in, out back today, since the weather was nice for once. Drill for today was 1 blast from shotty (#6 shot) @ 25 m, then advance while transitioning to the .45, and tap out a Mozambique... cept, I seem to have f-d up the Mozi.. 3rd shot should be much higher- @ head...
  17. J

5 minutes later and..

An old buddy of mine came by late last nite, and we decided to kill some time while waiting for his wife's flight to come in, to pick her up from the airport. We decided to find a place to chill, have a bite to eat, and maybe a coffee. We had driven to an Olive Garden nearby, but decided the...
  18. J

14 yr old. shoots home invader-protects siblings

A 14-year-old Phoenix boy shot an intruder who broke into his home while brandishing a gun as the teenager watched his three younger siblings, police said. The teen and his brothers and sisters were at home alone at their residence at 55th Avenue and Baseline when a woman rang the doorbell...
  19. J

Zimmerman re-enacts shooting video

Comments? Seems straight-up to me. http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/21/watch-video-shows-george-zimmerman-reenacting-fight-with-trayvon-martin/
  20. J

He's No Zombie! Momma Says so!

A face-eating zombie cannibal or a Bible-reading, church-attending Christian? Those are the two vastly different portraits being presented of Rudy Eugene, above left. He was gunned down by police Saturday afternoon in Miami after horrified onlookers found him naked and chewing on a homeless...