• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Badger Johnson

You guys are Great!

I've really enjoyed my time here, and you guys are among the best I've met on the Web since starting browsing in 1994 (UNIX/DOS since 1986). I've learned a lot, posted some hopefully helpful comments, but I'm moving on. (I'm spending too much time here, now that I've gotten past 'basic handgun...
  2. Badger Johnson

Buying a firearm and sticker shock - a common sense approach?

One thing I learned in buying things is that you have to look further than the sticker price. 1. Generally, to start out, look at low, medium, high prices on an item and buy the medium; 2. Look at the price of something and realize that you will spend many times the cost in supplies (bikes...
  3. Badger Johnson

The Myth of Situational Awareness?

One of the things that makes me laugh when watching shows like 'Personal Defense TV' and other pretty good shows on firearms is this. They show the drill where the guy shoots his target, then goes to low ready and looks to left and right, and/or pivots a little and looks behind and then...
  4. Badger Johnson

It looks like an epidemic - Officer charged

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/officer-arrested-for-sexual-assault-of-minor I'd say that's going to leave a mark.
  5. Badger Johnson

We want our senior citizens/retirees to be armed!

I mentioned this topic buried in another thread but I think it deserves its own post. My friend remarked to me that she felt (and heard her brother say) that we should enable our senior citizens to carry, and carry openly, because this is the segment of the population that is more educated...
  6. Badger Johnson

Now, THAT's Open Carry

Stolen from the New Yorker 'Caption this' contest: "Now, that's a Man who supports the 2nd Amendment" (woulda been my caption, lol)
  7. Badger Johnson

On HBO NOW!!! Gunfight

Pros and Antis go at it. Gun Fight (First Aired: Apr. 13, 2011) Activists and advocates debate gun ownership in America. I'll synopsize later. Sorry I didn't see it sooner.
  8. Badger Johnson

A site I found - revealing

I don't know how I got this site to come up because I wasn't searching for it, but now I know I'm not a racist! It was an anti-African American site with the n-word in the title. I looked around and after reading the titles to some threads actually found myself, to my astonishment, feeling...
  9. Badger Johnson

Are we allowed by board rules to petition a member be banned?

I'd like to get permission from the board owners to petition or vote ban a particular user. I believe we ALL know to whom I'm referring. If it's within board rules, I'd like to put it to a member vote. I'd say we'd only do it if there was a vast majority, because censuring a person doesn't...
  10. Badger Johnson

Viral video: Judge William Adams beating the h*ll out of his daughter

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/lxa4t/read_now_judge_william_adams_abused_daughter/ If true, I hope he gets what's coming to him. :(
  11. Badger Johnson

NYC LEO admits 'flaking' suspects

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/10/13/2011-10-13_excop_we_fabricated_drug_raps_for_quotas.html#ixzz1affkS1qA A former NYPD narcotics detective snared in a corruption scandal testified it was common practice to fabricate drug charges against innocent people to meet arrest quotas...
  12. Badger Johnson

More cowardly criminals - failed home invasion run from 75 y.o. man

http://tinyurl.com/3tq5z2k They had a gun, there were two of them. They had surprise, and the vic was a 75 y.o. disabled man, wounded in the war. They SHOT him in the hand, and YET they still RAN AWAY. How can these guys hold up their heads at the Recidivist's Ball? (Chicken clucking noises)...
  13. Badger Johnson

Spotsylvania Man Robbed by (Cowardly) Gunmen Outside of Home

Three men armed with at least two handguns robbed a man as he returned home from work in Spotsylvania County. (Police urge citizens to report any three armed men) (LOL) http://fredericksburg.patch.com/articles/man-robbed-at-gunpoint-outside-of-home Question is, why is the law so stacked in...
  14. Badger Johnson

The Wis-dumb of Pogo

Remember that comic strip by Walt Kelly? How true this is. I'm now wondering if most of the negative aspects of human behavior are simply that we do not believe we deserve to be happy. Thus we 'self-sabotage'. Look at your behaviors, how many of them are 'counter-productive'. Bad habits. Bad...
  15. Badger Johnson

Wild Bill Hickock chooses not to Open Carry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4mXu5mfj8&feature=player_detailpage#t=457s Embedded won't allow timed play. Jump ahead to about 7:10 and enjoy! :)
  16. Badger Johnson

Scammed by a Used Car dealer

This isn't a tale of woe so much as a wake up call. Man's inhumanity to man in a very real sense. My friend (I won't call her my partner because people seem confused by that) bought a 2004 used Ford Truck (Ranger Edge). She was looking for a particular color and low mileage. Because of this...
  17. Badger Johnson

Fredericksburg Military Surplus - new store downtown.

We were driving by the main drag on Princess Anne Street and spotted a new store. Corky's Military Surplus. Looked a bit kitschy with the ads painted on the window, but planned a return trip. Went by today and WOW!! Lots of gear, full line of Propper and 5.11 clothing, knives, holsters, packs...
  18. Badger Johnson

Va Tech carry policy?

I was reviewing the email sent out by Philip on the VT policy and it states: Any such individual who is reported or discovered to possess a firearm or weapon on university property will be asked to remove it immediately. Failure to comply may result in a student conduct referral and/or...
  19. Badger Johnson

The Vast Majority of LEOs are...?

LEO of the year accused of selling drugs. Decorated Boynton Beach officer was a drug dealer on the side, federal prosecutors allege Britto was named Boynton Beach's 2010 "Officer of the Year" because of his exemplary work while in uniform, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.