• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. H

2015 Legislative Firearm bills

HB1030 Amends Title 21 Section 1290.26 - Would require those who move to OK with a license from another state to apply for an OK license within one year of establishing residence. Existing license would become invalid in OK upon residency and issuance of OK license. May be trying to force...
  2. H

2014 Legislature

Well the bills have started to come rolling in and even though there is still a week left to get them submitted, there have already been some firearms related bill turned in for this session. SB1240 Firearms and the Bus Passenger Safety Act Would allow permit holders to carry firearms, open or...
  3. H

Interstate transportation of firearms

18USC, Chapter 44 Section 926 states that in the course of interstate transportation of firearms, the firearms must be unloaded and in a locked compartment not accessable to the passenger compartment. Full text here I can't find any exception to this law. Does this mean one should pull over...
  4. H

Vacationing in MO

I will be taking a vacation next month to Branson and want to verify the laws. I do have an OK license so no issue with reciprocity. I have looked up the law for Joplin, Springfield, and Branson and if I understand correctly, OC is allowed in Joplin and Branson...not so sure about Springfield...
  5. H

Public Busses

Most, if not all public (city run) bus lines have no firearms policies and most of us have probably never thought about this and just accepted it and moved on with our day. Not long before open carry went into effect last year, I caught a news story from Metro Transit, the Oklahoma City metro...
  6. H

New Legislation

HB1622 - Allows private schools to develop policies which will allow carrying of firearms on school property and also eliminates "Meetings of government officials" from the prohibited places list. SB173 - Allows for a temporary 6 month handgun license when applying for a handgun license if you...
  7. H

Business owners rights

A friend of mine sent me a text today, he had a question for me about business owners rights. Is question/experience was a bit odd so I thought I would put it in its own thread. The conversation started with him asking me if a business could ask to see your OK handgun license. I told him they...
  8. H

2013 OK Legislation - Current Status

Bills that made it out of committee HB1062 Would allow teachers who complete a reserve officer training course to carry concealed firearms at school with school district approval. HB1240 Would require court clerks to forward commitment orders to national mental health care database for the...
  9. H

Nullification bills need help in the Senate

SB401 and SB548, the two nullification bills, passed the Senate Rules Committee today. The next step is the Senate Public Safety Committee. However, Senator Barrington, the chairman of that committee, is not planning to hear any 2nd Amendment bills until the Lt. Governor's task force has...
  10. H

Firearms bills in committee week of 2/11

Lots of bills in different committees this week so only one message about them. Public Safety Committee - meets Wednesday at 10:30am in room 432A of the capitol. List of Members HB1243 Text of measure Some cleanup language with the new name of "handgun license" and specifies when a preclusion...
  11. H

Sb775

SB775 is scheduled for a hearing in the Senate Public Safety Committee on 2/7 at 9:30 am in room 534A of the state capitol. Text of Measure This bill provides for a temporary (6 month) handgun license, issued by the county sheriff, for anyone who has completed the safety class, filled out the...
  12. H

Sb206

SB206 is scheduled for a hearing in the Senate public safety committee on 2/7, 9:30am, room 534A at the capitol. Text of Measure This bill would clarify that an unconcealed handgun would have to be carried in a "belt holster or shoulder holster" or scabbard or case designed for carrying...
  13. H

Hb 1366

HB 1366 is scheduled for a hearing on 2/6 in room 432-A of the capitol Text of measure This would allow an SDA applicant to turn in the application to any sheriff office in the state, not just the one in the county they reside.
  14. H

Hb1062

HB 1062 is scheduled for a hearing Wednesday 2/6 at 10:30 in room 432-A at the capitol. Text of Measure This bill would allow teachers or school administrators who complete a reserve officer training course to carry a firearm on school property.
  15. H

Hb1059

HB1059 is scheduled for a committee hearing on 2/6 10:30 am in room 432-A of the capitol. Text of Measure Some people think this may be an anti-OC bill, but I don't read it that way. I think this tries to eliminate intentional flashing of a concealed firearm. Other things in this bill...
  16. H

Constitutional Carry

While I can greatly appreciate the freedom this would give us, I do have some concerns about unintended consequences. There are businesses that do not post gun buster signs because of the background check people go through. Also without a permit, a person becomes an insta-felon when they get...
  17. H

Oklahoma Political Process

Here is a brief summary of how bills become law in OK. All bills have currently been submitted to the respective chamber of origin. On February 4, all bills will be assigned to the appropriate committees. Committees will hold hearings on those bills. During these committee meetings the bills...
  18. H

2013 OK Senate firearm bills

SB176 Would remove meetings of 1 SB173 Businesses who allow carrying of firearms by patrons/employees will be immune from liability arising from that decision SB205 Removes government meetings, sports arenas and pari-mutual wagering locations from the list of prohibited places SB206 Removes...
  19. H

2013 Oklahoma House Bills

Following is a list of bills from the Oklahoma House of Representatives that involve firearms this session. The link will take you to the PDF so you can read it yourself. There is a brief description of each bill. When reading bills keep in mind that words that are printed in strike through...