• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. 09jisaac

Custom "gunsmith" sues forum and poster for bad review.

There isn't much details as of yet, but (as I understand it) Tactical Rifles of Florida is suing Marc Soulie of Spartan Precision Rifles for the "Bad out of the Box" youtube review. Also named in the suit is the owners and moderator of Sniper's Hide, and Sniper's Hide LLC for allowing this bad...
  2. 09jisaac

Unfortunate Situation Leads to Favorable Outcome

Sorry for the long post, but here it is: I just got back from the Louisa Walmart where the cops were called, a fed up Asst Manager and a (small) scene. As I walked into Walmart I noticed three men a head of me. I would place their age between 16-18. Maybe children would be more of an...
  3. 09jisaac

CCing without physical license

I just received my letter today (tonight 9:50) stating that my CDWL (Kentucky) was reinstated. Before I received this information I was planning on transporting the normal Ohio way, but now I am hoping to carry it transport it concealed (basically just loaded). I will be leaving for Ohio...
  4. 09jisaac

Physical appearance and OC

5. 09jisaac

CDWL Revoked

I found out recently that my concealed carry license was revoked. I guess it never was good. I was in frankfort on business and decided to check out the capitol building. You could imagine my shock when they told me my CCDW was revoked. I was stunned. I was standing there openly carrying a...
  6. 09jisaac

Two OC events in Louisville

That would be a bit awkward. I can just imagine trying to have a park clean-up, or something like that, with a man dressed like a Las Vegas showgirl. Drake at the recent OC event:
  7. 09jisaac

Lawrence County tries to fix ordinance, fall short, goes ahead anyways.

The ordinance summitted to the fiscal court was, to say the least, a bit lacking. It included two mentions of "concealed or otherwise" and still included the same enforcement section of the previous ordinance. Basically the same exact ordinance. Naturally I pointed this out. My proposal to just...
  8. 09jisaac

Lawrence County backs down..... too bad

I read today in the Big Sandy printed newspaper than Lawrence county decided Monday Nov 19 that they will not be pursuing this in court but will revise their current ordinance to come into compliance with state law. This was a disappointment to me because I was hoping to get some politicians...
  9. 09jisaac

Shooting/Gun Related Quilt

This was suppose to be my christmas present, last year. When it is finished it is going to be a thick winter blanket. It is roughly 4x8 now and will be 6x8 (more to wrap up in) when it is done. She decided to show me at the first of winter so I'll have it for the cold nights that she is away at...
  10. 09jisaac

Lawrence county at it again!

From the Levisa Lazer: This is getting on my nerves. I didn't get the chance to go to this meeting so I don't know anymore than this article. Also, I think someone told me that fiscal courts cannot pass an ordinance (1st or 2nd reading) during a special meeting. Did I just imagine that or can...
  11. 09jisaac

KYglockster

I tried messaging you but I don't think you read your messages. I am heading to lexington tuesday and I would appreciate that audio file. I believe the last attempt was lost in the mail. As indicated in the messages I am willing to pay the cost to get that information. I would even drive up...
  12. 09jisaac

The way to carry in a vehicle

My girlfriend is starting school an hour and a half away. Naturally I would not want her making this journey without proper precautions. I checked all of her fluids and made sure she kept some extra with her, I checked the spare tire and taught her out to change it and now she has a pair of...
  13. 09jisaac

Post Office

This is a two part thread. The first part is, as we all know is it is illegal to carry a firearm into a USPS post office but do you carry your holsters in (if you have to go in) or do you leave that outside with your carry piece? What brought this up was recently I had to go into the post...
  14. 09jisaac

Driving through Virginia

I will be driving through Virginia in a couple of days and just want to make certain that I know the laws. I have searched through the threads and just want to make sure. I have a valid Kentucky concealed carry license, do not have any felony charges/convictions and I never drink alcohol...
  15. 09jisaac

Lawrence County fiscal court

Lawrence county, as of last fiscal court meeting, didn't act on their ordinance at all. They know that they have 6 months after this statute takes effect to act on it without liability. So they voted to "shelf" it. Hogan also suggested that he challenges this statute's legitimacy. He ask the...
  16. 09jisaac

Good Civil Rights Attorneys

Does anyone know a good civil right attorney? I have never needed any type of Attorney in my life so I don't know of any good lawyers. I am looking for one that is close to Lawrence County/Louisa. I don't mind driving but I don't want to go all the way to Louisville or Lexington (most of the...
  17. 09jisaac

Making Camouflage Face Paint

I recently went on a quest to find any camouflage face paint in any local stores. I only found one, a Primos brand. It is in a small green plastic clam with four colors, white, black, green, and brown, and a small, cheap stick on mirror. If anyone knows about buying face paint you know that it...
  18. 09jisaac

List of Counties/Cities in violation of KRS 65.870

I think that we need a list of all violations that we can find. I will edit this list to show the most up to date listings we have. Cities: Florence--- Park rule Hopkinsville--- Water Park rule Morehead--- 131.02 Olive hill--- Ordinance being researched Paducah--- 30-3 Pikeville--- Ordinance...
  19. 09jisaac

Storm Damage

I sure hope everyone is alright. I went up to my dad's mom's house to rescue a calf before the storm hit. By the time I got there (7 min drive) it was hailing bad. So I took shelter at her house (pic to follow). My sisters truck has both mirrors and the bug deflector busted, my dads truck has a...
  20. 09jisaac

Using cheap reloading brass

Is it detrimental to accuracy to use cheap brass (Winchester silver box, federal blue box) as long as I measure each to make sure that they're all close to the same size? How many times can I reload the same brass? Also, can I reload nickel plated brass (I think). They're winchester premium...