• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. F

1 Killed in Officer Involved Shooting - Reno

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/Reno-Police-respond-to-incident-at-Eldorado-in-downtown-Reno-414639573.html The reporter, covering the story tonight, said the officers saw a gun a shot. I certainly hope there was more to it than just seeing a gun.
  2. F

Pawn Stars Chumlee Arrested on Drug and Weapons Charges

I only see "several guns" found. Do the charges relate directly drugs found? http://www.inquisitr.com/2872829/pawn-stars-chumlee-arrested-drug-gun-charges-filed-during-police-raid-breaking/
  3. F

The element/advantage of surprise?

You know, that mythical thing that concealed carry proponents/anti open carry people use to justify why concealed is better than open carry. If nobody is open carry, they just pick any sheep at random. The concealed carrier was lucky to pull back his clothing, draw his firearm and get 3 shots...
  4. F

Just passing through.

Actually visiting, with friends, for dinner in Bloomington. I'm aware that Indiana is a licensed open carry state. I have a concealed carry permit in Nevada, that is recognized/honored by Indiana. I should be legal to OC/CC. Anything I need to be aware of?
  5. F

The Toby Keith restaurant “no guns” policy non-story?

Perhaps some of you have seen/heard this story. Hot Air - indicates it's a non-story as it has too many holes in it. Here is a link to their article. http://hotair.com/archives/2013/12/29/the-toby-keith-restaurant-no-guns-policy-non-story/ Me, I'm going to wait until I see something more...
  6. F

New Sub Forums

I like the new Events and Training Sub Forums. This should make it easier to find specific posts in these areas.
  7. F

We're Winning in Missouri and Colorado. Keep it rolling.

Voters booted out two Democratic state lawmakers in Colorado. Gun control defeat in two states | NR Voters booted out two Democratic state lawmakers in Colorado . Almost a victory in Missouri...
  8. F

Really George?

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman's wife has called police to her father's house, saying the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted of murder threatened her with a gun. http://www.charter.net/news/read/category/Top%20News/article/ap-fla_police_called_on_george_zimmerman-ap...
  9. F

Another Good 2A Story

From Oak Harbor Washington. Big Government are you watching? This is how you do it. http://www.infowars.com/video-mayor-backs-second-amendment-after-councilman-tries-to-eject-armed-veteran/
  10. F

Buffalo Wild Wings National Protest

BWW are getting blasted on Facebook for posted no gun signs. Every menu item they post gets flooded with pro-gun/2nd amendment comments. https://www.facebook.com/#!/BuffaloWildWings
  11. F

Nevada Concealed Carry VS Federal Interstate Transport Law

Here is our Nevada Law concerning concealed weapons: " NRS 202.3653 Definitions. As used in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires: 1. “Concealed firearm” means a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver or other firearm which is carried upon a person in such a...
  12. F

Firearms at Nevada State Parks/Recreation Areas

I OC'd at Lahontan State Recreation Area, last week-end. I have a yearly pass and I usually pull up in the right lane so they can sight my pass and wave me through. But, this time, I purposely stopped and asked for an "updated Rules and Regulations pamphlet". The pamphlet they gave me still...
  13. F

Nye County Holster Requirement

Anybody heard of a specific requirement for a level 2 or 3 holster by county? Young fella I met tonight started explaining to me "gun laws". I guess he didn't know that I'm well studied in the Nevada Gun Laws. But hey, I don't know everything, and I'm willing to ask others. He was telling me...
  14. F

Northern Nevada Meet and Eat

Time again to put on another get together. Do we want to do this in Fallon again, or choose another location. We also want to invite the Reno Carson, Sparks, Virginia City.... folks. I'm proposing a Saturday morning @ Jerry's in Fallon. Jim
  15. F

Bank Open Carry Fact or Fiction?

I was told by a member, on another web site, that open carry in a bank was "pushing the limits", that some young cop would panic and shoot me. This comes from a former LEO. He also started telling me the "advantages of CCW" I'm thinking it's all fairytale, but I also told him I would ask on...
  16. F

It isn't over until it's over. "Starbucks Boycott"

As many of you suspected, the anti-gun protest of Starbucks is not a one day only thing. Keep supporting them. I'm just thinking I won't have to wait in line as long, unless I have to stand in line with a bunch of people openly carrying. ;) Here's the news story on CNBC...
  17. F

Taking a trip/caming to Cailfornia

I'll be travelling from Northern Nevada to Johnson Valley, CA next month. With the new laws, what are restrictions for transporting a hand gun in a vehicle, and once I get to my destination in Johnson Valley, I'll be living in my tavel trailer for about a week. I already know about the 10...
  18. F

Adopted/Amended Regulation Concerning Firearms on Nevada State Parks/Recreation Areas

I searched the forum and couldn't find this, so thought I would post. Sorry if it's a re-post. Effective October 26th 2011, all the language in NAC 407.105 related to fireams was stricken/omitted. I'm including the link from the parks.nv.gov website...
  19. F

New to the forum, not new to OC

Been reading the forums for a while. A lot of good information and hot topics. I hope I can contribute as much as I've learned. Jim