• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. MainelyGlock

Light or No Light?

I recently started carrying my Glocks with a TLR-1S in a Safariland holster. I wouldn't use this as a replacement for the Streamlight that's a part of my EDC, but I figure since it's on there for home defense, it might as well be on there 24/7. Here's my current rig. How many of you guys...
  2. MainelyGlock

Texas Senate Passes Guns On Campus

It'd be awesome if Maine allowed something like this. So far, it's limited to keeping guns locked in cars, but hopefully that will transition to allowing on-person carry. "During the debate on the Senate floor, Democratic Sen. Jose Rodriguez of El Paso argued the bill would lead to allowing...
  3. MainelyGlock

Ruger Mini-14 Will Be Both Legal AND Illegal Under Gun Ban

Yet another example of why Feinstein's ban will once again do NOTHING to stop crime. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=24126723
  4. MainelyGlock

Bill to Make CCP Information Private

Nice! But of course the Press Herald is opposed to it. A clear example of choosing which rights to support. http://www.pressherald.com/politics/Maine-lawmker-proposes-making-concealed-carry-info-private.html
  5. MainelyGlock

IWB Holster for Glock 22 w/TLR-1S

I just ditched the Viridian for a TLR-1S with a contour switch. Much better! And I also got a Safariland 6377 for OCing, but now I'm looking for a CC holster to accompany my Glock and Streamlight. I've been looking hard at some Blade Tech holsters. Anyone have any experience with them? Or have...
  6. MainelyGlock

Gun Store Uses Feinstein's Name To Promote Gun Rights

Thought this was both amusing and ironic! http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/11/gun-parts-store-registers-sen-feinsteins-domain-name-uses-it-to-promote-gun-rights/
  7. MainelyGlock

Sig P229 or Walther PPQ?

In a month or so, I'm looking to buy either a Sig P229 SRT or Walther PPQ, both in 9mm. I had a .40 PPQ, and I LOVED IT, but had to sell it due to financial difficulties. Of course, it's hard to beat a Sig, but which would ya'll suggest? Other purchases I'm considering instead of another...
  8. MainelyGlock

The End Of Open-Carrying In Maine?

Keep in mind this was written and posted by the Press Herald, so take it with a grain of salt. A group of Maine police chiefs plans to ask the Legislature to tighten the law allowing people to openly carry guns in Maine. The chiefs scheduled a meeting for later this month on the issue after...
  9. MainelyGlock

Safe To Say The Press Herald Is Anti-Gun!

http://www.pressherald.com/news/States-have-subsidized-assault-rifle-makers-to-tune-of-19M.html Barbara over there on the right looks very well educated on all things related to gun manufacturers.
  10. MainelyGlock

Unloaded Magazines on Airplanes

A few days before Obama's awe-inspiring press conference around gun control, I ordered some 30-round AR mags from Brownells. Long story short, the order was delayed, I tried to cancel a few times, but they went ahead and charged me/shipped it despite having been told it was cancelled. Soon...
  11. MainelyGlock

Ouch.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Maine-Police-shooting-Biddeford.html
  12. MainelyGlock

To The Person Open Carrying an AR-15 Today In Portland...

Just curious as to how the conversation with the police went? Sorry if this breaks forum rules since the man was cg gun. I'd like to focus on how politce handled it though, assuming the person will ever see this.
  13. MainelyGlock

Issued Citation for OC'ing In My Driveway Tonight... 5 Squad Cars Necessary?

This is going to come out as a jumbled mess at first, just so I can write everything down. I'll organize it later. I stupidly did not record any of this. At 9:49PM today, I called 911 because I noticed there was a man asleep in my driveway while I was taking out the trash. I tried speaking to...
  14. MainelyGlock

Holster for Glock 22 with Viridian X5L

So I'm FINALLY getting an X5L next week, but I have been unable to find any name-brand holsters that will accommodate a full sized Glock 22 with an X5L mounted. That, and I also need one that's left handed. Anybody know of any? Doesn't need to be locking, but some retention would be nice, that...
  15. MainelyGlock

Where Did You Carry Today

So, I've seen these on a few other state forums and I thought I'd try starting one. I'm interested in hearing about OC experiences here in Maine, especially the Portland area. Yesterday, I OC'd to Bangor Savings where I got a few questions by one of the tellers who knows me. One of the ladies...
  16. MainelyGlock

Gun Procedure in Courthouses?

I have court tomorrow on Newbury Street in Portland. I know that firearms are prohibited from entering the courtroom, but I'm unable to find anything about the process for having one in the courthouse at all. I haven't been in this courthouse, so I'm not sure if there's a place where I can store...
  17. MainelyGlock

City/Town Ordnances?

Hey all, I'm trying to find a good place to see all of the town/city firearm ordnances. More specifically for Cumberland. My buddy's father owns some land there and said he'd let us build a range of sorts as long as we're following all the rules. Which would be sweet! Anybody know them off the...
  18. MainelyGlock

Active Shooter Scenario Video

Thought this was interesting enough to share. I'd like to think mine would be more along the lines of "Draw.Aim.Shoot", but you really never know until you're in that position, and I hope I never am...
  19. MainelyGlock

Jogging Gun?

So, I've decided to start going on outdoor night-runs instead of running on the treadmill. I'd really like to carry more than my streamlight and karambit, but the last time I carried my Glock 22 it didn't go over so well (naturally). I'm looking to buy a small, light gun in the near future...
  20. MainelyGlock

Why I Open Carry-- One Year Ago Today

So, it's been a year ago today that I was jumped, stabbed, and mugged. Yes, all at once. If you want to read what happened, I believe I wrote a description of the incident in my very first post. If I can find it, I'll link it. This entry is basically for me to openly reflect on how it has...