• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. L

So I've been doing some learning...

... and boy! has my shooting improved. I hope by telling my story I can help readers choose the right gun, learn to shoot better, and avoid my mistakes. I do not consider myself to be an "expert" but rather a student who has been shown a better path. Things I state here can be proven in person...
  2. L

Safariland ALS

I recently went holster shopping for my 1911 and found this: http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6378 the Safariland ALS. I'm generally not a fan of moulded plastic holsters but this one was special enough for me to take a second look at. At less than $60, it's a good price to...
  3. L

My first negative experience OCing

I had dinner at the Taco Time in Fife this evening. I've carried in here several times and I've never had anything but good experiences with the staff. While I was there I met I cool guy named Eric and we talked for about an hour about all kinds of things. As we were leaving, there was a drunk...
  4. L

Zombie night at Bull's Eye

Wednesday night, 16 May, is Zombie night at Bull's Eye indoor range in Tacoma 4-9pm. Various zombie targets will be used including bleeding targets and exploding targets. I am going and I'd like to invite anyone to come and join me for the fun. I'll be bringing a Henry repeating .22, a .357mag...
  5. L

In need of a local gunsmith

Can anyone recommend a Tacoma area gunsmith that would be good for a Ruger MkIII?
  6. L

OT - So I did something stupid...

I've been carrying pepper spray with me for quite some time. I've never used it before and wasn't sure what to expect if I did. I'm just not the kind of guy to leave well enough alone. That and boredom of having been a few months on a ship set in. Two days ago I decided I needed to try out...
  7. L

OT - So I did something stupid...

Double post, my apologies.
  8. L

Which 1911?

I'm considering buying a 1911 for carrying, range, and to tinker with. I'm looking for a quality out of the box side arm that won't break the bank. I've been doing some research and I've come up with two candidates, Tarus and Ruger. Both have similar price tags ($700-$750) and similar...
  9. L

So my friend wants to buy a gun...

I have a shipmate I know pretty well. He's been thinking that he'd like to have a gun with the recent crime spree in his neighborhood. He just wants to protect himself and his family. Here's the catch, he's Arab. He's an American citizen in his mid 40's who's never been in trouble with the...