• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. mobiushky

Positive Open Carry Experience - Wild Wings n things

My wife and I went to Wild Wings n' Things in Tikatnu commons for lunch the other day and of course I was open carrying. We ordered our food and sat down. Not many people in there at the time. The owner, didn't catch his name, stopped by the table and said: "I noticed you have a weapon there...
  2. mobiushky

Minor incident at Debarr Wal-mart.

I live in Eagle River, but we were down in Anchorage on a date away from the kids. Before we went home we needed to stop at Wal-mart for a few things so we went to the Debarr Wal-mart. We had made it to the check out line and the clerk just started ringing things up when there was some kind of...
  3. mobiushky

Magpul announces final plans to leave Colorado...

It's funny but I've actually read some people commenting that Magpul was bluffing and they are mad because they claim Magpul never intended to leave CO. Mostly it's from people out of state. Well, to those who didn't believe it: http://www.magpul.com/move Can we stop claiming they were...
  4. mobiushky

Time to start arguing Alaska laws....

UPDATE: I misread the statute and I now believe I was thinking wrong based on BrianB's explanation below. But I want to leave this here just to show what I was thinking at the time: I'm in the middle of moving to Alaska, finally. So being the codes and laws geek I am I reading the current...
  5. mobiushky

Magpul Freedom Festival - June 19, Infinity Park, Glendale, CO

http://freecolorado.net/ FREE COLORADO MISSION: Engaging in targeted actions to reverse Colorado laws that imperil the rights of law-abiding firearm owners; and ensuring that no other State passes such reckless government regulation. JOIN US FOR THE FAREWELL TO ARMS FREEDOM FESTIVAL...
  6. mobiushky

Couple of questions from a Coloradan

I pretty much read up on the laws RE guns in AK, so I'm not real concerned about that. Besides I have a concealed carry permit that is recognized in AK anyway just in case. Here's my deal. I'm likely coming up to AK in a month or so for work. Sounds like if it all goes smoothly I'll be...
  7. mobiushky

Ruger SR22PB review for GTShooter

I forgot to post this over the weekend. I did finally get a chance to take the little Ruger SR22PB out to the range. Had to go to an indoor range due to time constraints. So far I've had about 300 rounds through it. Overall impression: I'm in love. Seriously this pistol is a dream to shoot...
  8. mobiushky

Interesting article about "the best caliber" debate.

So I just found this article and I thought it was really fascinating. http://www.usconcealedcarry.net/2012/07/17/choosing-best-caliber-concealed-carry/ I make no bones about the fact that I carry 9mm and am 100% comfortable in it's ability to protect me. I don't care what anyone else says...
  9. mobiushky

More misinformation from the local media...

I'm telling you, the more I hear from the media on this subject the more I realize they don't get a whole lot right. On 850KOA this morning, they reported that CHP applications in Boulder have tripled since the theater shooting. In the same report the lady said "applicants must wait a minimum...
  10. mobiushky

Shipping Firearms to Colorado...

Here's the set-up. My brother is going to ship me my dad's old 12Ga pump shotgun. This is a skeet shooting style shotgun. Don't remember the brand/model but I do remember it's probably got a 28" barrel and a 2+1 capacity max. It's probably pushing 30+ years old by now. I'm struggling to get...
  11. mobiushky

Have you been thanked for OC?

I know some of the posters her have been. I had never been actually thanked until yesterday. I was at Wal-mart with my middle daughter. As we checked out a lady tapped my shoulder and asked if we were going to keep our cart, she wanted to use it during her check out. She then said, "Oh and...
  12. mobiushky

Firearms in hospitals...

So some of you may or may not know, but my wife was in the hospital since last Friday. Long story, not the point. The day we went I read a sign on the door (have since seen many on every door) that says something to this effect: "No weapons (including guns or knives) allowed in this building...
  13. mobiushky

At least in Colorado they just violate our rights...

"Police Kill Wrong Man During Search..." http://video.foxnews.com/v/1736818979001/ What blows me away is, they did not identify themselves as police. What would you have done if that was your house. Some unknown person banging on the door at 1am? Sure that's normal.
  14. mobiushky

Practical Pistol Competition (AKA IDPA)

Tonight I competed in a friendly Practical Pistol competition with a bunch of guys from Lockheed Martin. It's very much like IDPA without the concealment requirement. But basically it's a real world shooting competition designed to mimic what if's in the real world. The guys do 2 a week...
  15. mobiushky

Another positive OC experience.

I went to Subway tonight to order dinner for the family. When I went in, the place was empty. As I ordered (5 meals) a lady walked in and stood beside me. I apologized for taking so long. She was open and funny about razzing me about holding up the line. We joked a little back and forth...
  16. mobiushky

Just ordered Gun #2!

I finally got my order in for our 2nd gun. We wanted to get something everyone in the family could "play" with if you will. So I ordered a Ruger SR22PB. It's a lot like the Walther P22, but with a few things I liked more. Should be able to pick it up next week. The kids are gonna love this...
  17. mobiushky

Another great day at the range.

I have a friend who is a member of a very private shooting range in Denver. He's been telling me I should go with him some day. Well today was the day. I had to go through a brief range orientation before I can shoot there, so he worked it out so we could do the orientation this morning and...
  18. mobiushky

My free Glock Mod for LoneWolf

This what the gun looks like now. It's a little exaggerated by the flash, but not a ton. I still think black would be better, but that depends on the paper backing. Black with a white outline would kind of defeat the intent.
  19. mobiushky

Massive Epic Thank you for the June 24th Range Day!!!!!

Rob, Supra1, kingofbattle, half_Life, and all the other non forum guys: HUGE thanks. Seriously, above and beyond making my wife feel comfortable and letting her shoot around. She said you guys are all awesome and she can't thank you enough for doing this today. She got pretty wiped out by...
  20. mobiushky

What, you thought that 2nd amendment protected you? LOL!!!......

I wish this were a joke. It's not. And it may be too late. I don't know. http://www.ijreview.com/2012/05/6611-atf-to-ban-military-style-shotguns-but-taking-public-comments/ http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=9223