• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Carrying on an airliner (checked baggage)

So, didn't find any specific posts on the matter. I will be flying in a few days, and, of course, am taking my sidearm with me. http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/firearms-and-ammunition is the TSAs guidelines on the matter. What I am curious about is that it states that: Travelers...
  2. B

Kroger CEO says it plain and simple: We follow state laws

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/25/kroger-cfo-we-reject-moms-demand-actions-push-to-disarm-our-customers/ "That was a group called Moms Demand Action. They were opposed to the fact that our policy is to adhere to the local gun laws. If the local gun laws are to allow open carry...
  3. B

Close encounter of the unlawful detainment kind...

JKuz and I just got back from the park (what IS it with us and parks?!?) As we were preping to leave, a park ranger pulled up in his police explorer. Thought nothing of it, as there is NO law in Springfield regarding the OC of a firearm. As soon as we pulled out, Ranger Smith lit us up...
  4. B

Moving to Springfield...

My wife, kids, and I are in the process of moving to the Springfield area as we speak... We have been fairly active in the rtkba community in Ohio, and intend to make hairy nuisances of ourselves in MO, should the need ever arise. (In other words, we intend to support the community.) Just...
  5. B

Medina's NDing Police Chief throws stones from a glass house...

http://medinagazette.northcoastnow.com/2014/05/09/walk-weapons-planned/ The Ohio Carry guys are planning a walk, but everyone knows, Janae and I walk when and where we feel like it! lol Anyhow, the Police Chief of Medina, he of the ND into his own leg last April, decided that the wife and I...
  6. B

New news from Oberlin...

The Plain Dealer editors thought we were bluffing... Press release at OFCC
  7. B

fox news news...

Check foxnews.com... a small picinic turned into this... ugh!
  8. B

Little, local... but in Oberlin, one of the bastions of Extremem Liberalism...

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/09/citys_law_on_firearms_in_parks.html Working on getting City Ords changed to follow State Law... City may try to fight it...
  9. B

City of Oberlin Parks Open Carry Education Event, 7 Sep and 15 Sep

It is my and my wife's intention to spend a large portion of the day in Oberlin (particularly Parks) on Saturday, September 7th AND Sunday, September 15th. The reasoning for the walk on the 15th is that the third reading of the City's change to the unlawful ban on firearms in City of Oberlin...
  10. B

Don't know if this is a righteous shoot, yet...

Shooting in South Phoenix Dead guy rammed shooter's vehicle. Ramee got out as rammer comfronted him, shot rammer in the head. We'll see how this plays out, especially considering the shooter's GF (in the car as well) was the ex of the rammer/shootee...
  11. B

Stark County Fairgrounds Posted...

Stark County Fair is posted, as per images at OFCC Fair Board blew me off to the Sheriff, POC at Sheriff is out of office... anyone feel like yet another NE Ohio walk? lol Hopefully we'll get this ironed out quickly, as the wife and I were planning on attending... I would hate to see the...
  12. B

Sheriff arrested for defending citizen's 2A rights...

In a developing story, Sheriff Nick Finch was arrested, charged with a felony and suspended without pay for supporting a citizen’s 2nd Amendment rights. http://benswann.com/exclusive-fl-sheriff-arrested-charged-with-felony-suspended-for-protecting-citizens-2nd-amendment-rights/
  13. B

Morrow County Fair Board (Mt. Gilead) thinks I am a "radical troublemaker"

I have a thread going over in OFCC's 9.68 compliance thread, but I wanted to get some input from the Open Carry crowd, of which I consider myself one of. I will try to give a concise overview of events that have transpired up to now. Aug. 2 I sent a message to the Morrow County Fair Board...
  14. B

Oberlin City parks...

main thread is over at OFCC 9.68 forum, but the jist is, Oberlin law says no guns in parks... Chief of police said no guns, then changed his mind after i sent OFCCvCleveland, etc... anyhow, if anyone up that way wants to meet up and chat tomorrow, drop me a line... we're heading up to Spring...
  15. B

Short and sweet with Ashland PD.

Wife and I were doing laundry. Apparently, someone made a MWAG (or possibly WWAG) call. Ashland PD entered, one on each side of us, through two separate doors. Conversation went something like this: (ps, recorder battery ran out, must have been not 5 minutes before this happened... lesson...
  16. B

Are we REALLY for protection of the Second Amendment, or just a little piece of it?

It is bothersome to me that we all advocate for only ONE type of open carry of arms (specifically, firearms) Doesn't the second amendment protect the right to bear ARMS, not just FIREARMS? Why should a person not under disability be prevented from open carrying a sword, club, knife, etc?
  17. B

Ashland Ordnances...

I'm finding crap all over... are we all just going to have to grass-roots go after each municipality to get these laws off the books? Here's some Ashland stuff I find suspect: 549.05 FAILURE TO SECURE DANGEROUS ORDNANCE. (a) No person, in acquiring, possessing, carrying or using any...
  18. B

Unlawful Wooster Ordanance

according to http://www.conwaygreene.com/Wooster/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-hit-h.htm&2.0 , Wooster still has a park ban ordnance on the books... Who's ass should I light a fire under to get this removed? Funny thing is, this was passed 4-21-08. Wasn't this AFTER the ORC preemption law...
  19. B

No weapons on Wayne County Fairgrounds?

Wayne County fair is posted, and Sheriff Deputies (and the Wayne County Sheriff himself!) prevented my wife , daughter and I from entering the fairgrounds today. They said (while the recorder was off, darn it) that the fairgrounds were county property, but that THEY made the rules, not the...
  20. B

A few more positives....

Saturday shopping with the wife, stopped in at Kay Jewelers to get our wedding bands cleaned, manager asked us to stop in for a big diamond show next weekend... I told him we are NOT unpaid security for them! :lol: He got a good laugh from that... Next up, Wally World (Wooster)... wife...