• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. FBrinson

Surry County and Preemtion

Greetings, Surry County Va is offering a concealed carry class this coming March. They posted a notice on their Facebook page today. The location of the Concealed Carry class is at the former Dendron Post Office. The Surry GIS website shows ownership of this building as being owned by the...
  2. FBrinson

Sigh - PVC with Sacha Baron Cohen

It is worse than I thought. This is so very embarrassing for VCDL. For the life of me I don't know how anyone could be fooled into thinking this character was legitimate. Ego, perhaps. Link to article https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXeMoBPSDk
  3. FBrinson

FBI agent loses his gun while dancing

Apparently, this off-duty FBI agent failed to retain his gun while dancing and shot someone while picking up the gun. A retention holster would have been the first step in preventing this. Keeping his finger off the trigger would have been another.. Link to story is HERE
  4. FBrinson

Missing People

I don't visit this site nearly as much as I used to so I probably missed a few things along the way recently. One thing I have noticed is the absence or two members, Citizen and Nightmare. Did they get "disappeared"?
  5. FBrinson

Legislative Tracking

Will there be, or is there, a 2018 VCDL Legislative Tracking tool ? I did not see a link on the VCDL website.
  6. FBrinson

Arby's buying BWW ?

It appears Arby's is buying Buffalo Wild Wings. I wonder if this will change BWW's anti-gun stance. http://wtvr.com/2017/11/28/arbys-buying-buffalo-wild-wings-for-2-9-billion/
  7. FBrinson

Visiting OBX

My family and I will be visiting the outer banks over the next 7 days. From my reading, open carry for non-residents (i'm from Virginia) is perfectly legal with some minor exceptions. Are there any surprises that I should know about? We will be staying in Hatteras Village, fishing from the...
  8. FBrinson

Sunday RCD breakfast before gun show in Fredericksburg

My wife and I will be at River City Diner on Parham rd at 7:30 am on Sunday morning for breakfast before heading up to Fredericksburg for the SGK gun show. It would be great if anyone hungry and in the area wanted to come by and join us. I know it is a late notice but i hope to see some of...
  9. FBrinson

Sherando Lake - OC?

My wife and I are planning a camping trip to Sherando Lake in two weeks and again in late October. I'm hoping someone can help me out with some clarifications about carrying at Sherando. I tried my Google-Fu and this is where I am on knowledge and questions. Here is what I know (or think I...