• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Elm Creek Smith

Sprouts = gunbusters

Stopped at the new Sprouts grocery in Broken Arrow yesterday afternoon. I didn't see a "gunbuster" sign on the way in the door, and my wife and I completed our shopping in short order. On the way out, though, a sign on the glass between the sliding door and the wall caught my eye. It was a dark...
  2. Elm Creek Smith

SDA License Instructors/Classes Norman area?

My niece is buying her husband a handgun for Father's Day (his first handgun and first Father's Day). They went looking, and he liked the Ruger SR-40c. Now, they're going to need Handgun License training so he can carry. They asked me for a recommendation for "someone who is good." My problem is...
  3. Elm Creek Smith

Who sees the irony?

I can carry this either openly or concealed in the State of Oklahoma, but I can't carry this . I'm certain the fabric of society would be shredded by my carrying a bowie knife these days. Maybe they're worried because it doesn't have to be reloaded.
  4. Elm Creek Smith

Another trip into the past...

For our 40th Anniversary, we went to Galveston in the land of no open carry. As a matter more of luck than planning it was the coldest weekend down there in 20 years or so. That meant that no one looked at me like I was crazy wearing a jacket. Once more, I didn't see a single 30.06 sign...
  5. Elm Creek Smith

Going back in time...

...on vacation. :uhoh: We're going to Texas for the week, and I'll have to conceal my shooters the whole time. :( After several months of open carrying, I'll have to remember to keep the cover garment over 'em. :p Break out the Hawaiian shirts, baby! We're going to the beach! :cool: ECS