• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. 7

Zoo trip.

Howdy folks. I was wondering if anyone here has visited the St. Louis Zoo and carried. Do they check you as you come in or can you cc while there?
  2. 7

Getting a copy of the 911 call.

I was wondering how to go about getting a copy of a 911 call made about me carrying. Everything turned out fine, police informed the woman that I was within my rights to carry and left, but I was wondering what was said during the call. Any help would be nice.
  3. 7

Keep up the fight.

I just want everyone from Texas to know that I support your actions even when there are others who would ask you to stop. Unlike many I know how you feel because I am from Texas and know what it is like to only have a long gun as the only carry option. Don't give up the fight for your rights...
  4. 7

Annoyance with Anti-Gunners.

This story is not about me, it is about a friend of mine who OCs. I am only telling this incident because it is another account of just how foolish anti-gunners really are and how they only make it harder for themselves. My friend has been looking for a new house, he and his wife found one in...
  5. 7

Question about black powder in Missouri

This question has been bugging me since last night, in fact it even kept me awake for some odd reason. Since a black powder pistol is not apparently considered a firearm does that mean it can be carried concealed with a permit? I don't own a black powder, I am just curious because it was an odd...
  6. 7

Visiting Texarkana.

I'm going to be down in Texarkana visiting my folks and was wondering if there was anything going on in the area. Any events or walks? Was also wondering if anyone knew of any decent places to shoot? Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk
  7. 7

Questions.

Is a traffic stop legal detainment for the passenger, and what happens when your guns serial number is run? Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk
  8. 7

Open Carry ammo question.

What type of round would work best in a .40 S&W. I have looked at all the different types and I just do not know what type would be the best one to use in the weapon. Any help would be nice, and I don't care about brand or price, just type.
  9. 7

Quick question.

First off let me say that I am only asking this because it will be part of my halloween costume for this year, and I like to plan ahead so that I can get everything I will need in advance and save me a headache in the long run. Now I understand that talking about long gun carry is against the...
  10. 7

Anti-Gunners trying to cause fear again.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/01/21/gun-ownership-tied-to-three-fold-increase-in-suicide-risk/?intcmp=obnetwork Just came across this and had to laugh, from what I gather from it I have a six fold increase since I own two guns....Lol.
  11. 7

How do you carry?

I am not sure if this question is in the right area, I am curious about how people carry their firearms when they go out. I never really thought much about it until recently when I was asked about my style of carry by someone, and so I figured I would see how others carry. As for me, I carry a...
  12. 7

Any trouble with Leos?

I was wondering if anyone here has had any run ins with the local leos when open carrying alone or with a few people. I understand that there is some confusion with ths law or something? Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk
  13. 7

Anyone carry BP?

Just wondering if anyone here carries a BP pisol, if so what kind do you carry and do you have problems with it? Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk
  14. 7

Selling a gun.

This might sound like a dumb question to some, but is there anything special that I have to do in order to sell a gun. I have one I hardly shoot and would rather have another handgun. So I guess my quetion is this, what is the process for face to face selling of a firearm? Sent from my...
  15. 7

.38 vs .380

I am looking to buy my wife her first handgun to carry and use, but not sure what would be best out of those two types. Could someone please tell e what you would use between the two and what you think the pros and cons are. I am looking at those because she has never really handled firearms...
  16. 7

Anyone from or around Texarkana?

I have family there and I plan on visiting, I was wondering if anyone OCed around or in the city and what the reaction was like. And I understand long gun is the only way to carry. Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk
  17. 7

Two gun carry.

Is there anyone out there that OCs two pistols? I know many ofnyou OC one and CC another, but I was just curious and figured I would ask. If you do OC two pistols, how do you carry and does it alter things more so than just carrying one in the open? Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk
  18. 7

Question regarding signs.

I wad wondering if I could get some thoughts from the people who have been OCing alot longer than I have. My question is about signs, the mall I go to every so often doe not have the normal gun buster signs, instead underneath the store hours near the bottom half are the words "No weapons" That...
  19. 7

C&R Markets

Anyone here run into issues while shopping at one? Someone came up to me today and asked if I was carrying a real gun and tried to tell me I could not carry it open. Than told me that I was not allowed to carry in there, never introduced himself to me so I am confused. But I was wondering if...
  20. 7

What do you carry?

I carry a Nagant, if it was good enough for war it is good enough for defense. Also carry a simple folding knife, sharpie, and pen. True ninja can use anything for weapons....Wish I was one. Lol.