• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

Drinking

Hi, im im jackson for a while so I hate to go anywhere without my gun, especially since I have my family With me, An old friend called and wanted to have some beers and dinner, can anyone show me the law on this, I no drinking around any firearm is a bad idea, but I want to have LITERALLY one...
  2. G

DG anti gun sign

Today I stopped off at a Diberville dollar general, I have been here tons of time and they have always been gun friendly like any other store. I was oc and I got to the door and saw a no firearms sign placed behind some things in the corner of the door. I immediately contacted customer care only...
  3. G

Holster question

Hi, I have my cc and my ic, I carry in a safariland oc holster and a bianchi model 135. When I carry with my Bianchi top of the slide and the enitire grip is vissible, would this be considerd oc or cc? I only ask incase I ever wear a button up shirt with a jacket and choose to remove the jacket.
  4. G

New TShirt

Hi guys, my new t-shirt came in today and is sure to get some attention. I got this shirt for 2 reasons 1) because I live in a majority black area and eveyday I hear "its cuz black huh" and in my head looking at them and the cop im thinking no...its because your going 30 mph over and blaring...
  5. G

Funny story

Hi, so I was in my A&P2 class today and we were taking a small break before lab, my lab partner and I were talking about the steps he needed to take to get his CWP and discussing open carry. The man infront of us overheard the conversation and decided we should all no his imput. He explained...
  6. G

Enhanced carry....again

I am extremely confused at this point in my enhanced carry permit rules. I was told by local and state law enforcement, my permit instructor and many private citizens that my IC allows me to carry in places such as a movie theater or gas station regardless of signage posted "NO GUNS". Jim hood...
  7. G

Ms resident

Hi, I live in Ms and have my cc, I frequent mobile to go to my doctor. I have looked on handgunlaw.us and I am still a little unsure on places I can and can't carry, also the site showed "no gun signs" do NOT have force of law, which I assume means they have no legal authority towards me or my...
  8. G

Gun sign removal

Hi, I have not posted here in a while but I thought if get and and let everyone know that several gas stations in Jackson county have removed their "no gun signs" and allow open carry( thought they don't like it). Apparently in all these major gas stations employees took it upon themselves to...
  9. G

Really confused

I no this is "opencarry" and I do everyday but this week I've been in Tn and I have my cc and enhanced, I can't seem to find my answer anywhere. I need to no when I cc in tn do I follow ms law and rules or Tn or both?
  10. G

Enhanced carry

Hello all, I have not been on in a while and I see nothing is happening as far as Ms is concerned. I just wanted to share, I took the class and got my enhanced carry today and had a great time with a great instructor. I will be going to apply on my 21 birthday for my CC next week. Thought I...
  11. G

Visiting from MS

Hi, I had a few questions regarding TN state gun laws. I have my CC permit and will have my Enhanced soon, I no that TN honors my CC permit. What are the restrictions on me as a non-resident, if any? This includes state parks, city parks, stores, etc... I will be in and around Gatlinburg. If...
  12. G

Just an odd no weapon sign question

I'm not sure why this just came to mind but it did so I figured I'd ask. Most of you have seen the "no gun" signs or "no weapons" signs on a lot of stores in MS since HB2 passed. The most common sign I see is of the m16, grenade, switchblade, and a desert eagle. This means I can carry my ak, my...
  13. G

First not so nice encounter

So I have been open carrying since the law went into effect. I oc everywhere I can, this includes walmart. I went in today to grab a few canned veggies and some frozen corn dogs since I hate to cook and of course I was OC! Go figure right... As my girlfriend and I walked in I grabbed a buggie...
  14. G

Normal or Not?

I went to Agricola this weekend to see my buddy and let him shoot some guns. We had to go to a shooting range because his dad was working on their land. I have never been to a shooting range as I always shoot on our land in stone county. When we arrived at the range i had my glock 17 in my...
  15. G

Should businesses be allowed to bn employees from cc

Hi, I've seen quite a bit of people talking about this so I was curious what you all thought. Should a business owner be forced under law to either provide an armed guard or to allow employees to carry conceld if they can meet the requirements to carry? I ask this only because I've noticed a lot...
  16. G

Ignorant Professor?

I was in class yesterday and a discussion on guns and gun laws came up. We talked about everything imaginable and the last topic we talked about was if you do or do not have to inform an officer of your firearm during things like traffic stops or roadblocks. From my reading and personal...
  17. G

booted from chevron

Im on the coast of mississippi an this is what i pass out if im asked to leave
  18. G

Open Carry experience

Hi, I am new to this and I hope I am not messing anything up or breaking the rules, I attempted to read them but it seem most were removed. A little background I am a 20 year old male living in Jackson County, MS. I would like to know if anyone in my general area has O C and if so where di you...