• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

Constitutional Carry bill moves forward

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/constitutional-carry-bill-moves-on-to-a-second-committee-in-the-colorado-senate The anti's are using children now to give emotional testimony in opposition. They refuse to acknowledge that criminals don't...
  2. D

Scratches and dings

There are no such things as stupid questions right? So I noticed my chunk of polymer is showing signs of bumping up against walls and other obstacles while hanging from my hip, especially on the grip. Does anyone have advice to offer on how to avoid or minimize the wear and tear on your strong...
  3. D

First "High Capacity" magazine charge in Colorado

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/11/01/first-large-capacity-magazine-charge-filed-larimer/74887236/ Convicted felon. I wonder how this will play out. Will they use misdemeanor mag law as a plea bargain tool and set a precedent at the same time? Did he keep receipts? Otherwise how can...
  4. D

Good event for OC?

This event never materialized.
  5. D

Boulder man defends home

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/intruder-had-banged-on-other-homes-before-he-was-shot-killed-by-resident-on-pima-court-in-boulder There's no ifs, ands or buts. Castle Doctrine. Notice how uninformed the media is (intentionally)? The statute actually states this:
  6. D

Park Ranger in Roosevelt

With all the negative publicity the feds get lately I thought I'd share a good experience I had on the Peak to Peak a couple of weeks ago. It was just after a big spring snow, my son and I wanted to test out his new Marlin model 60 and cycle through some ammo on the others. Our favorite spot was...
  7. D

New range in Broomfield

Shoot Indoors
  8. D

City of Lafayette municipal code

Seems to me this would violate preemption: Sec. 75-49. Open carry/concealed weapons prohibited (1)It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, wear about their person or under their clothes, or concealed about their person, any firearm, handgun or mechanical gun. Source
  9. D

Ambi mag releases, bad for OC?

I've been looking around for a good retention holster for my Ruger SR45 but I haven't found any yet that will cover the magazine release button. This is starting to make me wonder if I should consider getting a gunsmith to drimmel off the protruding button on the one side since Ruger doesn't...
  10. D

"Man with a gun" incident in Boulder CO 10/1/13

Greetings OCDO. I was fishing around for some info regarding target shooting in the Boulder Ranger district of Arapahoe National Forest due to the govt shutdown (still looking) when I came across this news release from the Boulder Sheriff. They treated it as a Search and Rescue, but after...