• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

Operation Choke Point fails to stop this gun dealer

Mainly posted because some banks are using O:CP to make legal businesses (including firearms dealers) pay more to process purchases. Can't outlaw 'em, price 'em out of business... This guy stood up for his rights - and good for him! Shame on Hometrust bank! *Note - may want to move to the NC...
  2. D

An "inconsistent" Christian God? A response.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?131857-Christianity-and-self-defense&p=2175853&viewfull=1#post2175853 http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?131857-Christianity-and-self-defense&p=2175977&viewfull=1#post2175977...
  3. D

Travelling through......

While I am in SC quite a bit due to work, I know SC disallows Open Carry. Thus I have really not paid much attention to the gun laws of SC. However I will be driving through SC on vacation, so would someone be so kind as to point me to the state statutes/laws that regulate how a firearm must be...
  4. D

New "outlet" mall in Asheville a no go...

One of Mine wanted to go to the new outlet mall on 191 that just opened up. She CC's and I OC, so we are both cognizant of postings. At the main "back" entrance to the area is a rather large "ruleboard" which does stipulate firearms are not allowed. Personally, its not my kind of place anyway...
  5. D

Firearms transfer...

Well met. I have a question for you all concerning Ohio law. My lady and I will be travelling to Ohio right after Christmas to visit her family. Her brother is going to give her a handgun as a gift. In NC, to receive such a gift requires her to first obtain a purchase permit from the local...
  6. D

Looking for a recommendation - Retention (L3) holster for a Makarov IJ-70

I have an IJ-70 that I would like to OC. Thing is, I am personally unwilling to OC without a L3 retention holster. Simple friction doesn't satisfy my sense of responsibility. I know it works for some people and I respect that, but its not my cup of tea. So, I am looking for a recommendation. Any...
  7. D

2a friendly business - near WNC (Its actually just across the SC line)

Now before you start going - remember that SC does NOT allow open carry. However, having stopped on my way back from Greenville at a little place I had tried before, I found out that this place offers a 5% discount to CWP holders. So if you have a reciprocal, make use of it and show you...
  8. D

2a friendly business mention.... Huntin' Camp, 2221 Hwy 25, Travelers Rest SC.

Because SC is a non-open carry state, I don't carry when I head south from WNC to the upstate of SC. However, I was headed back north today and stopped in at a little place I have enjoyed a few times. The reason they get a mention - not only is the food good and the prices match, but they offer...
  9. D

"Private" entity vs "public" entity limiting 2a rights

OK - we all know of a few businesses that don't support 2a rights. Often times, it is stated that companies may choose to limit 2a rights on their property because they are "private" entities. While this may be true of your mom and pop outfit, companies like Target (which is considering...