• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J

Gauging interest

Nothing planned, and very extremely preliminary. Who would be interested in a meetup immediately following with a pistol tourney at the colosprgs shooting range? Bring your own ammo/rangefees? Ideas?
  2. J

Forum Help

I'm not sure where to post this. How do I subscribe to the RSS for this subforum?
  3. J

I have never been so frusterated (concealed carry)

I now live close to the Denver area, and open carry is not permissive. A while back I applied for and received a CHP. this is so I would not have to worry about the clothing accidentally covering my weapon. And I could choose for me if an environment would be determining my choice. For the...
  4. J

CHP - School Zones

I just want to confirm. If I am reading correctly, now that I have a CHP; the 1,000 foot rule no longer applies. Only that if I am on the real property of a school I have to drop off the weapon (read: Secure it in the vehicle, locked). I have a few schools around and there are shops within...
  5. J

Experiences

It has been some time since I last posted. No issues in Wal-Mart, Gordmans, Pet-Co, Arby's, McDonalds, or Safeway. Bank Teller asked me how I did at the range. My other bank (Navy Federal), does not know I carry. It is not permitted inside the building, so I don't carry there. They have a...
  6. J

Colorado State Parks

What I find annoying, because I called the state parks to ask before I go. They all tell me firearms are not permitted at the parks. State police say otherwise. What I am reading say otherwise. Seems like that they are making rules up (park services/rangers).
  7. J

Older gentlemen with an issue...

I was out at Cici's Pizza on Platte today. I paid and was asking my daughter if she wanted sauce on her noodles. I hear "What are we going to do about this gun problem"? I look behind me and see the glare of an older man. He goes to the manager as I'm getting our pizza. I hear nothing more...
  8. J

Questions - New

I have a Ruger P-95. I also have a Blackhawk Serpa concealment holster. If I understand Colorado (Colorado Springs area to include fountain) I can openly carry the handgun anywhere except the general prohibited places (Schools, Federal buildings) without an issue? Thank you in advance, I am...